Worried we wont get to eat

Started by swindonboy, July 31, 2014, 03:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swindonboy

We are in DLP 25-29 Aug will be on half board in Santa Fe with 2 kids myself and the wife  (5 & 1) reading in here about restaurants getting full I'm concerned that if we leave it until we are there we may struggle to find somewhere to eat.

We are quite happy eating most things other than fish dishes etc as I'm sure the 5 year old will want to spend his time in the park rather than eating.

Are we best trying to book in a few places or will we be ok leaving it until we are there ?

norhel

I'm not sure how crowded it is at that time, but I would say that if you really would like a table at one of the restaurants that you can book table at, book it. But I'm also sure that you anyway will find some place to eat.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

stormflm595

If you have your hearts set on certain places (such as cafe mickey etc) then book ASAP. This, as well as Inventions, Walts, Blue Lagoon and Restaurant des Stars usually fill up quite fast and it may take a long time to be seated or you may be turned away at certain points of the day. Anywhere else you should be good, though try and go for food in down times (a general rule is that between 12 - 2 pm and 5- 7pm tends to be the busiest for lunchtime and dinner time)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

captain rocket

I came back last night and the parks were very busy! There was no problem with eating! We dined at the Cowboy cookout about 12.30 and had to wait about five minutes before getting served, next day we ate at Chez Remy at 14.00. and there were plenty of empty tables and finally yesterday at Hakuna Matata at 12.00 and got served straight away. it may be busier at the end of the month, but as you are there midweek, there is absolutely no need to panic as there will always be somewhere at DLRP that you can spend money!
The Santa Fe has a good buffet and you could walk back through Disney Village were we ate on two evenings at Earl of Sandwich, proper REASONABLY PRICED adult food and we even saw some parents who had bought happy meals at Mc Donalds and the kids ate them outside of the Earl whilst the parents enjoyed their food. With the meal deal at the Earl you get unlimited soda refills which you could slip to the kids!
Enjoy your visit and get a fast pass as soon as they open for Ratatoille, the queues were insane at 120 minutes plus, the ride is fantastic but I would'nt wait that long!