How far in advance...

Started by msRavenswood, June 15, 2014, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msRavenswood

should restaurant reservations be made? We are visiting from 7 to 11 September and I was thinking of booking our meals once we have arrived. Do you think we will have trouble finding available spots at the restaurants of our choice? We have the free half board included and I was thinking of eating at Agrabah Cafe, Plaza Gardens, Chuck Wagon as well as having breakfast at Cafe Mickey.

CARLSBERG

Bookings open 60 days prior.
In my opinion it is best to book soon after.
You can always change/cancel the reservation if you need to at a later date.

Mileto

I always book before arrival to be sure. But, as I know, on your dates it will be calm, so booking when arriving is OK.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

msRavenswood

Quote from: CARLSBERG on June 15, 2014, 09:50:50 PMBookings open 60 days prior.In my opinion it is best to book soon after.You can always change/cancel the reservation if you need to at a later date.
Quote from: Mileto on June 16, 2014, 09:13:30 AM
I always book before arrival to be sure. But, as I know, on your dates it will be calm, so booking when arriving is OK.

Thank you both for your replies! The reason why I prefer to book once we're there is because the only restaurant we have tried is The Silver Spur (I'm not counting Cafe Hyperion for me it's another MacDonald's restaurant) and despite the fact we are not fussy eaters I'm worried about what happens if we don't like the food or service in the restaurants we pre-book. For example, let's say I book two meals at Plaza Gardens and we don't like the food so we don't want to visit it for our second meal. Or let's say our first meal is at Agrabah Cafe and we love it so we decide to have all our meals there.

I was thinking if it is possible to book every morning for the meal of that day. Will we have trouble with availabilities? How about Cafe Mickey? Can I book breakfast there after we check in or will it be too late?

Mileto

You can cancel the booking, if you don't like the place. Maybe it's a good way - pre-book and cancel if decided so.
We never made Cafe Mickey, our daughter was always reasonable and after having a decent breakfast in the hotel she prefers to go straight to the parks. She eats very fast, doesn't like queues by the characters and this all makes it easy for us.  ;D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

msRavenswood

Quote from: Mileto on June 16, 2014, 02:48:28 PM
You can cancel the booking, if you don't like the place. Maybe it's a good way - pre-book and cancel if decided so.
We never made Cafe Mickey, our daughter was always reasonable and after having a decent breakfast in the hotel she prefers to go straight to the parks. She eats very fast, doesn't like queues by the characters and this all makes it easy for us.  ;D

Thank you for the help Mileto! We thought we should give Cafe Mickey a try, I guess it's worth the upgrade with all the characters you meet!  :D

daddyof2

We booked on arrival when we went at the start of June - had no problems with the 2 bookings we made at Café Mickey and Plaza Gardens, though we prefer an early-ish lunch

msRavenswood

Quote from: daddyof2 on June 16, 2014, 06:34:37 PM
We booked on arrival when we went at the start of June - had no problems with the 2 bookings we made at Café Mickey and Plaza Gardens, though we prefer an early-ish lunch

Cool! Thank you for the reply daddyof2! We, too, prefer early-ish meals.

LotsoHugginBear

Looking at the restaurants you like to eat at, I am pretty sure that you will get a table without problems at the time you arrive.
Only problem will be the Agrabah Café -  it is closed in September as far as I know.

msRavenswood

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on June 17, 2014, 11:01:02 PM
Looking at the restaurants you like to eat at, I am pretty sure that you will get a table without problems at the time you arrive.
Only problem will be the Agrabah Café -  it is closed in September as far as I know.

Thank you for the info LotsoHugginBear! We are going in the second week of September, any chance the Agrabah Cafe will be still open?

Mileto

MsRavenswood, I'll try not to forget - I'm calling Disneyland in August, so I can ask about Agrabah Cafe.  ;)

msRavenswood

Quote from: Mileto on June 18, 2014, 08:53:01 AM
MsRavenswood, I'll try not to forget - I'm calling Disneyland in August, so I can ask about Agrabah Cafe.  ;)

Thank you so much my sweet neighbor!  ;D

wishuponastar83

Hi I have rung ADR to book for my trip (10-17th sept) and have been told agrabah is closed for the whole of sept, it was one of my choices to  :(

msRavenswood

I know! I was a bit disappointed too when I called to make reservations and I was told it will be closed! Oh well, it's something to be looking for on our next visit!  :D

DisneyRon

hmm, was looking forward to that one too.
But you all make a good point, I need to start planning at the very least the table-service restaurants and the character dining stuff. :D A task for the coming week I suppose. ;D