Disney Characters at Disneyland Paris

Started by Kristof, March 19, 2007, 04:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyEuros

But, what ever we say here, DLP will never do it.
The reason is Because of their "forever financial problems"  that will never stop encounter.
I don't know... maybe the French financial system is a failure, as compared to the English system which it is much better of course.

Jens

@DisneyEuros: What on earth are you talking about? There's only one Snow White, Alice, Peter Pan, ... ! I'm not sure what you mean by what you just said, but I'm very sure that you can meet the princesses during a large part of the day in DLP and that most of the VIP characters are very easily findable if you look on your park schedule (in both parks, wink wink). Why is everything always better in WDW anyway? :p

@petals:There isn't a "mob system". Either a character gets mobbed (the cm can't create a system or decides not to) or it doesn't (the cm creates a system, whatever it is). Member "Donuttiejj" probably ran into a character with an acc that did the half circle around the character system which works fine. Member "orsie" points out that it can be done to form a queueline and get away with it, and I'm not saying it can't, but it's very dangerous to do so without a proper closing, as a queueline automatically triggers expectations that once you stand in it you will definitely see the character like everyone else in the queue. But I'm just repeating myself ;)

petals

Quote from: "Jens"@petals:There isn't a "mob system". Either a character gets mobbed (the cm can't create a system or decides not to) or it doesn't (the cm creates a system, whatever it is). Member "Donuttiejj" probably ran into a character with an acc that did the half circle around the character system which works fine. Member "orsie" points out that it can be done to form a queueline and get away with it, and I'm not saying it can't, but it's very dangerous to do so without a proper closing, as a queueline automatically triggers expectations that once you stand in it you will definitely see the character like everyone else in the queue. But I'm just repeating myself ;)

Again that's where the CM comes in and if the CM knows on average how many people the character will meet. The CM then closes the queue once they are getting close to that number. It really isn't rocket science like!!!

Quote from: "DisneyEuros"What i Believe about Disneyland Paris, is that they should follow the WDW's  system.
Which for example they have "more than one" Snow White, Alice, peter pan etc...
Yes. of course!
Maybe some of you didn't know about that.

At WDW they have 2-3 people presenting the one same Disney Character in a couple of different locations of course. Not only one person presenting the one specific character, but several people presenting that one character!  :-)

So, by applying this system, their "Disney character" is always there for the people to take pictures and they achieve better results on meets and greets.  And everybody stays satisfied.

That's not 100% the truth either. Yes WDW have more than one person playing each character but apart from characters that have arranged regular meets such as character spot and in the animation people the random ones that come out use you'll never guess what?! A queue!  and you'll never guess what else happens the CM actually controls the queue and knows how long the character will stay out and then cuts off the line when it's nearing the time for the character to leave.  The characters that randomly come out are not "always there for people."  The mob is a complete and utter joke and one of the reasons I'll never visit Paris again!

DisneyEuros

Quote from: "Jens"@DisneyEuros: What on earth are you talking about? There's only one Snow White, Alice, Peter Pan, ... ! I'm not sure what you mean by what you just said, but I'm very sure that you can meet the princesses during a large part of the day in DLP and that most of the VIP characters are very easily findable if you look on your park schedule (in both parks, wink wink). Why is everything always better in WDW anyway? :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always and everything is better in WDW.
Nowadays,  Bob Iger buys more and more of other companies that costs around $4 BILLIONS,(not millions) each.
so.. Aren't they much Better? ;-)
DLP is more like a "Luna park" to me, rather than a "real Magical Disneyland" as Florida's. With magical places/landscapes and Excellent attractions.

Because the BIG RICH DADDY(Disney Company), have plenty of Money to spend and they get expanted every couple of years, with new attractions, New parks, etc...
DLP is the poorest park from all the rest. And they will never get any WDW similar expansion. The only expansion they can get is build more Hotels, restaurants and shops that they can produce more money for them. But NOT any other New ATTRACTIONS.
Because of one simple reason.
Since their first opening, 20 years now and they still have the same financial problems. Over and over again.

Did you know how many Great attractions were rejected from DLP, because of their restricted financial problems?
Have you ever study anything about Disneyland Parks? If you had, you wouldn't wonder why i said that, about the WDW "have more cast members" to be represented as one Disney Character(Snow White, Alice, Peter Pan, etc..) Make a research on the web and you will find this info.
At least that's how things works at WDW. I am not sure about Disneyland Paris.

Let me explain more... Some examples:
Do you believe that if YOU go to work at any Disneyland park as a VIP cast member(Character),
+will work by yourself alone as the only peter Pan character in the park?
+Would you be able to work from Morning till the night as Peter Pan alone? with no one else to replace you if something happens?
+Will you be able to be found at all the Disney hotels "at the same time", in the morning, for the "Breakfast" character meet and greet?
+Are you able to controll all by your self, all those people pushing and pulling, and waiting on that specific spot, from all of the rest open areas of Disneyland, just to take a photo with the "one and only" Peter Pan (which is you)? Of course not!

Somewhere else in another Far spot, there is one more PeterPan waiting there with a queue line of people waiting for their photos too.
And This was done for many reasons. To help and benefit the cast members and satisfy the tourists at the same time.

When it is your time to go home from your job, someone else takes your place for the next hours. The same thing happens at Disneyland parks.
Haven't you ever notice of People's Photographs they shoot with their favorite characters, and this character has a Different face each time?

I hope this helps :-)

orsie

Quote from: "DisneyEuros"
Quote from: "Jens"@DisneyEuros: What on earth are you talking about? There's only one Snow White, Alice, Peter Pan, ... ! I'm not sure what you mean by what you just said, but I'm very sure that you can meet the princesses during a large part of the day in DLP and that most of the VIP characters are very easily findable if you look on your park schedule (in both parks, wink wink). Why is everything always better in WDW anyway? :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always and everything is better in WDW.
Nowadays,  Bob Iger buys more and more of other companies that costs around $4 BILLIONS,(not millions) each.
so.. Aren't they much Better? ;-)
DLP is more like a "Luna park" to me, rather than a "real Magical Disneyland" as Florida's. With magical places/landscapes and Excellent attractions.

Because the BIG RICH DADDY(Disney Company), have plenty of Money to spend and they get expanted every couple of years, with new attractions, New parks, etc...
DLP is the poorest park from all the rest. And they will never get any WDW similar expansion. The only expansion they can get is build more Hotels, restaurants and shops that they can produce more money for them. But NOT any other New ATTRACTIONS.
Because of one simple reason.
Since their first opening, 20 years now and they still have the same financial problems. Over and over again.

Did you know how many Great attractions were rejected from DLP, because of their restricted financial problems?
Have you ever study anything about Disneyland Parks? If you had, you wouldn't wonder why i said that, about the WDW "have more cast members" to be represented as one Disney Character(Snow White, Alice, Peter Pan, etc..) Make a research on the web and you will find this info.
At least that's how things works at WDW. I am not sure about Disneyland Paris.

Let me explain more... Some examples:
Do you believe that if YOU go to work at any Disneyland park as a VIP cast member(Character),
+will work by yourself alone as the only peter Pan character in the park?
+Would you be able to work from Morning till the night as Peter Pan alone? with no one else to replace you if something happens?
+Will you be able to be found at all the Disney hotels "at the same time", in the morning, for the "Breakfast" character meet and greet?
+Are you able to controll all by your self, all those people pushing and pulling, and waiting on that specific spot, from all of the rest open areas of Disneyland, just to take a photo with the "one and only" Peter Pan (which is you)? Of course not!

Somewhere else in another Far spot, there is one more PeterPan waiting there with a queue line of people waiting for their photos too.
And This was done for many reasons. To help and benefit the cast members and satisfy the tourists at the same time.

When it is your time to go home from your job, someone else takes your place for the next hours. The same thing happens at Disneyland parks.
Haven't you ever notice of People's Photographs they shoot with their favorite characters, and this character has a Different face each time?

I hope this helps :-)

I think Jens was hinting at something DisneyEuros! Just think about it for a second.  ;) I think she was just preserving the magic for younger readers.  :thumbs:
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

Jens

Yes orsie, I was indeed preserving the magic. If anyone has something to say that spoils the magic, please put it in spoiler tags. I had a nice little chuckle with your post DisneyEuros, as I must say I know exactly what you are talking about, as I work in the entertainment department of Disneyland Paris and yes, of course the same thing happens in our park. I will however, to not spoil any more magic, leave it at that confessment.

Believe me when I say that I think not everything is the best in DLP, but we have a lot of things to be proud of, including our entertainment department! I'm not saying that because I work there, but because I have been in WDW and altough they have a bigger quantity of shows, it's not always the same quality. I'm very happy to see that, for example, our daytime parade boasts so much more energy than the Magic Kingdom one, to give you one example... So no, not everything is better in WDW ;)

But... I guess nobody can ever win the battle against WDW fans/DLP haters ;) So I'll stop trying...

PS: Oh and, I'm a he :)

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Jens"Yes orsie, I was indeed preserving the magic. If anyone has something to say that spoils the magic, please put it in spoiler tags.

Ummm, that's a little extreme in this case, surely? i suppose there might be 6 year olds reading the forum who are interested in Disney themed debate, but somehow I doubt it. Everyone above that age should be able to handle a little reality mixed into the "magic".

Jens

Disney Magic is there for everyone. You should be able to choose if you want to spoil it or not. You can't always "assume" that people want to spoil the magic for themselves ;)

orsie

Quote from: "Jens"PS: Oh and, I'm a he :)

Whoops! So, sorry!  :oops:
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Jens"Disney Magic is there for everyone. You should be able to choose if you want to spoil it or not. You can't always "assume" that people want to spoil the magic for themselves ;)

If I read the end of a book, or watch the end of a film, then that's a spoiler: I have found out something prematurely that I would not have otherwise known. But I'm afraid that I cannot accept that anyone over the age of 6 can "find out" that the characters in the Disney parks are actually real people inside a costume, and that there are not single versions of those costumes. Heck, I'm pretty sure 6 year olds can work that one out for themselves without being told!

Are we going to have to put spoiler warnings about the existence of Father Christmas, the tooth fairy etc as well?

I think everyone can enjoy Disney at any age. But I don't think it's necessary to pretend that you have the comprehension level of a toddler to do it.

Jens

Look, I'm very sure that everyone understands the non-existance of certain characters/persons in this world, heck, even children! However, when you come to Disneyland it's something you forget, surpress, remember? Everyone knows what happens behind the scenes, but you choose to forget it once you enter the park, otherwise it's not fun anymore. Why would that be any different here? Let people have the choice, it's not a big deal. I'm not going to scream murder and blasphemy if people don't, but it's a little thing that doesn't take a lot of effort ;)

If I have offended you personally in any way by making you feel like you are a toddler, I'm very sorry, but I still believe that "Disney Magic" is something that everyone can still choose to believe in. People want to escape sometimes. I'm very sorry that you're too "realistic" to see that ;)

Kristof

On magicforum we have a long history of respecting "character integrity". I hope we can stick to that.  :idea:

Lorna Kelly

My absolute favourite character has to be the giant  Eyeore. Ican never find him any more though.....

jonathan

Quote from: "Lorna Kelly"My absolute favourite character has to be the giant  Eyeore. Ican never find him any more though.....

Is giant Eeyore different to normal Eeyore? lol  :o   Not sure if this helps you but we saw Eeyore of a normal size in Inventions while having dinner on our last trip a few weeks back

StarGazer

I don't know if this is the right topic to post this, but... where does Alice show up? I know she doesn't have her own meet-and-greet space anymore (back in the Magical Moments Festival we only managed to find the White Rabbit on the meet-and-greet, Alice always had long queues or was gone), but I've been wanting to meet her for years...
♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫