Photopass

Started by sue81, June 03, 2014, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sue81

I was looking through the brochure today and it said about the photopass and that in summer 2014 photopass+ will be coming.
Does anyone have any further information about it? Such as whether it's the same as the wdw photopass or whether it's just attraction photos. Also how much it costs
Thanks  :D

Aurora1

The photopass has been in DLP for a while. We used one last october. We used it everytime we queued for a character. And at the end we went to a store, where they develop them and bought all the pictures we want.
I don`t remember the exact price, but the more you buy the cheaper it gets.

Tip: if you wait with buying till the end, maybe go check out the pictures at the store, see if everything is on it.

If it says photopass is coming summer 2014, maybe it is a new one, and you can order photos online from back home. This is not possible with the current one.

WalkerboyUK

Take your own camera and you'll get it all even cheaper.  The staff there have no problem at all with you taking your own photos while they are taking them, although obviously it means you won't all be in the same picture if you do that.
Only photo we bought was the one of the 4 of us with Mickey, and at 20 Euros I wasn't particularly happy about that!  Personally think that it's a complete rip-off.

orangarnold

Keep in mind the more photos you buy the cheaper they become, I bought 5 photos yesterday and it came to €35 which I don't think is too bad. It's just a shame the US style photopases haven't arrived yet

Andybear

Can the Photopass card be used in Disney hotels?  I'll be staying in Sequoia Lodge and am planning on having some taken at the character meet and greets there.  Ta.

Andybear

Quote from: Aurora1 on June 04, 2014, 09:04:26 AM
The photopass has been in DLP for a while. We used one last october. We used it everytime we queued for a character. And at the end we went to a store, where they develop them and bought all the pictures we want.

Tip: if you wait with buying till the end, maybe go check out the pictures at the store, see if everything is on it.

If it says photopass is coming summer 2014, maybe it is a new one, and you can order photos online from back home. This is not possible with the current one.

Where you say "at the end" does this meet at the end of your holiday or at the end of each day?  I know on-ride photos are deleted overnight but does this apply to other photos too?  Ta.

msRavenswood

The new Photopass+ will be used for on-ride photos as well as photos taken by official resort photographers. All you need to do is buy the Photopass+ kit and create an account. As soon as the Photopass+ card is activated you can associate images to your account. Images can be associated to the account for 10 days after activation and they are stored online for 1 year from the date of image capture.

You can check the Photopass site for more information.  :D

Andybear

Thanks.  I've read up about the Photopass + kit and don't want it.  I'm not bothered about photos being online or getting photo souvenirs, just want photos I can buy there, ie just get a normal Photopass card.  I'll see what happens when I get there :-)

msRavenswood

Oh, I see. It's worth checking the Photopass+ card once you're there though, perhaps it will be a more affordable option overall.

Aurora1

Quote from: Andybear on July 19, 2014, 01:59:18 PM
Quote from: Aurora1 on June 04, 2014, 09:04:26 AM

Where you say "at the end" does this meet at the end of your holiday or at the end of each day?  I know on-ride photos are deleted overnight but does this apply to other photos too?  Ta.

Sorry never saw your question:
Yes I meant at the end of the holiday to buy the pictures. But maybe check at the end of a day, if all the pictures are on it. On our last day, when we were ready to buy, there were pictures missing. Luckily they found them by typing in the time we remembered they were taken.

I`m not sure if character pictures are deleted over night.(ours were from the same day, we were leaving, so wanted to buy). I think I remember the CM telling me there, they could still find them in the system.

Andybear

Thanks for the replies, I will have a look when I get there  :D  . 

Thaliel

anyone already have experience with the new features of the photopass? I heard something abput a code to get digitally stored pictures, how does that all work?
<-Plz click