The happiest place on earth - May 18th-23rd 2014 - Part 1

Started by Mrsya, June 03, 2014, 12:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Finally have a minute to write up a few of our highs and lows (not that there were many of these!).

Arrival Day: Sunday
A lohooooohong road trip from Nottingham with very little traffic on the roads, a smooth journey through the eurotunnel and an almost empty motorway all the way to Davy Crockett. 7 hours and a few minutes after we leave home and we arrive at the ranch. A very long queue to check in, half an hour to look around our cabin (106 on the moccasin trail) and for our son to find the cowboy Mickey that had been left on the bunk bed for him by Mickey (us!) and we were back in the car and heading for Disneyland for our first ever visit! Eeeeek!

One easy junction down the motorway and the entrance booths appear. Me and ds (4 years old) squeal with excitement. The hubster, who doesn't do squealing of any kind for anything actually jiggles in his seat, its that exciting!!

The crowds are all going the opposite way at 6:30pm, as are the travellators, so we march on down to the baggage check, no queue, in with tickets, no queue, onto main street... Wow! See the castle for the first time. More squealing! The hubster has the biggest grin. Ds says "it's just like the adverts Mummy!". I'm sold!

We head to Plaza Gardens for our reservation as we're all starving and in need of a big drink! It's absolutely rammed and we have to queue to hand in our vouchers, queue to be seated, no highchairs available for my 9 month old (FOR THE ENTIRE MEAL...). We had to eat our meal in shifts with one of us holding dd. Other families were seated and given a highchair and we kept asking different people if there was one available. They'd go off to check and never come back. When i asked about baby changing facilities in the restaurant i was shown the door - quite literally, and told the baby changing room was outside and around the corner in the lost children centre. This was the only bad experience of our entire holiday. The only bad meal we had, not because of the food which the little bit I managed to eat was lovely, but because of the lack of highchairs (at Disneyland, please, not good enough).

Buzz Lightyear saved me that night... After leaving Calamity Gardens we ventured out to see what we could find and that's when my son spotted him for the first time. Buzz. In all of his glory flying high above Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast. This was to be our second home for the entire holiday! I swear my son would have spent the entire holiday he had we not found POTC and BTM in the coming days. Lots of goes on BLLB using baby switch (which was to be another saviour!) and before we knew it it was 10:25pm and Dreams was about to start! I swear inside the parks you go onto what we called Disney Time, where time magically vanishes!

We never thought we'd get to stay for Dreams but our little ones were so fab and my dd slept wonderfully in her cosy pushchair so we saw it twice. And wow, oh wow, was it worth the late night! Absolutely freakin' amazeballs. I'll never forget being sat on the floor of the plaza in discovery land and crying as me and my family watched the lanterns float up the castle turrets as Rapunzel sings 'now I see the lights'. Quite simply, the happiest place on earth!

andlorna

Get's me every time I watch the lanterns and hear that song....lump in my throat and tears rolling....trip report fab....when's your next trip  ;D
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Mrsya

Quote from: andlorna on June 03, 2014, 02:13:18 PM
Get's me every time I watch the lanterns and hear that song....lump in my throat and tears rolling....trip report fab....when's your next trip  ;D

Thanks! We've booked for October 22nd - just before uk half term. You?