What's to follow spring, and what's the difference?

Started by polar vixen, June 01, 2014, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

Hi we go in 16 sleeps, YAY!  I'm looking at theprogramme, and wondering what the difference is between the spring promenade and 'welcome to spring', the times are very confusing, as there's sometimes just 15 minutes between?  Is there any character interaction at either of these? 
Also..... we are there until the  24th, but I believe all the spring activities finish on the 20th, will there be something else afterwards?  I haven't heard of anything 'summery' but I assume the transition will go itno high season for summer, so I wasn't sure if there'd be something else happening?  It'd be weird for all the parades to just stop and nothing replace them?

captain rocket

Sadly, there are no rumours of anything after Swing into Spring so it seems that these shows will end and nothing will replace them. There are several cast members who give invaluable hints on this site, much more than we get from Disney!, and there was a suggestion  that they may introduce something for the summer so that we would end up with something special for all four seasons Halloween, Christmas, Spring and Summer but there has not been a follow up to this rumour for this year.
We have certainly been deprived of decent entertainment for some years at DLRP, but the new events that they have put on in the last two years Halloween,Christmas and now Swing into Spring have been really high quality so there is real hope that Paris might become like a real Disney park entertainment wise.

polar vixen

Jus t bumping this up to see if anyone knows the difference between swing into spring and the spring promenade? - they're listed as being different times, so I assume they're different things?

msRavenswood

Can't help with your first question, but as far as summer festivities are concerned there will be a similar show to the Spring Promenade called 'Main Street U.S.A. welcomes Summertime' which will take place from 5 July until 31 August incl.

amanda08

Quote from: polar vixen on June 07, 2014, 09:17:43 PM
Jus t bumping this up to see if anyone knows the difference between swing into spring and the spring promenade? - they're listed as being different times, so I assume they're different things?

Swing into spring is near the gazebo in town square and is a group of dancers (mary poppins and bert style)
Spring promenade is a cross between a show and a parade and happens in front of the castle and with a band on the castle stage. Features characters, cars and dancers imo one of the best parades/shows ever!

If you look on youtube, you can see some fab films of both of these.

I am very excited to be going back again next week to see this for the 2nd time ;D ;D

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: amanda08 on June 08, 2014, 11:02:04 AM
Quote from: polar vixen on June 07, 2014, 09:17:43 PM

Swing into spring is near the gazebo in town square and is a group of dancers (mary poppins and bert style)
Spring promenade is a cross between a show and a parade and happens in front of the castle and with a band on the castle stage. Features characters, cars and dancers imo one of the best parades/shows ever!

If you look on youtube, you can see some fab films of both of these.

I am very excited to be going back again next week to see this for the 2nd time ;D ;D

Swing Into Spring is the name of the spring festival.
Welcome To Spring however is the name of the Town Square show. ;)
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

polar vixen