Ratatouille Soft Openings for Annual Dream Passholders?

Started by TVTaughtMeHowToFeel, June 02, 2014, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Hi,
I read that on june 26th-29th there will be soft openings for the new ratatuoille ride. So I've got a few questions about that.

How does such a soft opening proceed?
Do I get a special invitation? Or is it enough if i show my annual dream pass? I ask because i will go to dlp on june 22nd for six days and i will buy my pass when i get there...

Hope someone can help me :)

Thanks
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

bad-pink-tink

as explained by others in various threads on this site, soft opening are not predictable and can not be planned. Soft openings are basically tests before the grand opening. Everything needs to be tested to make sure that what is perfect in theory actually works in a real situation. Just because they say the soft openings are happening on those dates  it doesn't mean that the ride will be open on those dates. It means that during those dates they will be testing when the park is open. You could stand all day outside the ride and it could remain closed or you could randomly walk past, and be lucky and see cast members letting people on.

Also just because you get lucky and manage to get on the ride, it doesn't mean that the ride will run perfectly or smoothly. You would have no idea what they are testing that day. You could be part of the emergency testing for example, where they fill the ride but don't run it and make everyone leave through emergency exits.

I really wouldn't get any hopes up about being able to get on the ride or even being able to have a proper experience of it during soft openings.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

amanda08

I have however read that there will be a shareholders even on the 27th and dream ap holders event on the 28th June - which of course is different to a soft opening :)

Normall you will receive an invitation and you will have to register online in advance (going on past openings of other rides)

However this is of course all still rumour till there is an official announcement :)

never2old

I hope they announce the dates of the AP and shareholder's previews soon....

polar vixen

So if the actual opening for share holders is around the 26th, does that mean there'll be a soft opening before it?

amanda08

polar vixen

Gonna have to keep checking, we leave on the 24th!

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Thank you!!! Those are all very interesting opinions! :)

So I guess, I have to wait and see for myself.
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014