Oct half term or Feb half term?

Started by Mrsya, May 25, 2014, 10:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Looking to book our second trip - only been back 48 hours!! What are the differences between the to half terms in terms if how busy the parks are? I'm a teacher just finishing maternity leave so can't book outside of holidays any more... Are queues ridonculous in the holidays? My 4 year old just about managed 20 mins waiting for Pirates on Fri when it started to get busy.

Think both half term dates match up with French holidays too. My only slight saving grace is that I work Mon tues only so could arrive on wed and beat uk children but French schools have 2 weeks which overlap ours - boo!

daddyof2

Firstly, you need to take your countdown off - it's showing you going in 11 months time :)
I would say it possibly doesn't make too much difference between the 2 if French holidays coincide with both, but if you need a bit of extra time to save up, go for February. However, your post trip blues will make October more attractive :)
I'd just go for the best deal you can find

jackieann

Hi

I think oct maybe busier as its Halloween. I know people that have gone during February and haven't found it too busy.

Hope that helps

Givemesomefin

Halloween might be busier but the theming is great plus free half board is on until 12 nov.
Walt Disney World May 1997
Disneyland Paris Feb 2003 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2009 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris Oct  2011 - Santa Fe

andlorna

Hi October half term will be busy due to it being Halloween. We have been the last two Feb half term and have loved it. The weather has be pleasant and although it is busy its nowhere near as busy as October. The only downside is that the park is not open as late in Feb.

Expect to queue up whenever you go for the popular rides. We have booked again for next Feb getting a great offer of days free. You will also notice there is a big difference in the price going in Oct. My children are 12 and 8 so we now have to pay for the eldest one.

We have been in October a few times and I do love the Halloween theme and the atmosphere. Hope that's helped  :) :) :) :)
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

michellemumof2xx

Hi

We went for the first time this feb 2014 half term and have booked again for next feb half term. We got a good deal on flights and accomadation and as we have been before we now know what to expect. We had good weather, wasnt too cold, or busy.
I couldnt imagine going in summer in the heat, or having to queue for too long. Longest we waited was 15 mins for big thunder mountain! We saw all parades, and dreams, met plenty of characters around the park (think we landed lucky) and had a fab time.
My friend went at easter amd she had an awful time, she found it so busy and said she wont return, although I think this is because she didnt plan!! Given the choice, id book feb n use the money you save for spends!
Michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Disneyprincesswannab

Hi-I'm a teacher too so I know what you mean. October is highly decorated and atmospheric with villain characters not out at any other time but the half term week is the busiest I have ever seen it, including summer and Xmas hols.

amanda08

I agree with whats been said. The park is better in october because the halloween decorations are brilliant as are the parades, live music ets However, october half term is MASSIVELY busier then february.

So if length of queues are the deciding factor I would  pick february (but bear in mind you may then have to deal with snow, freezing cold and disrupted transport! although this feb we had lovely weather - even had my coat of a few hours most days!)

Livvipivvi

Lol, my turn to be following you now Mrsya  ;)

Sounds like you had an amazing time! We really enjoyed and was so sad to be coming home, that I even started pricing up for the oct half term the day before we were coming home! Think it's safe to say that we have the bug lol.

I'm not sure on what to do now, I was set on going in October as I'd read that the Halloween theming is supposed to be amazing, but not sure if it's worth it for the crowds  ::)

What time do the parks open and close in October and February? Is there much difference?

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Mrsya

Thanks again for all the replies everyone. I only work mon, tues so we've decided to go on the Wed and get 3 days in the park before the British descend. Also read somewhere that the second week of the French half term (our half term) is busier. We aren't there for any party days and will have use of emh, fastpass and babyswitch... Can you tell I'm convincing myself!!???

There's a chance we may go back again at Feb anyway so can't resist a 145 sleep countdown!

LotsoHugginBear

What's the exact date of the half term in october? This would help to give you a more realistic overview of crowds.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on May 31, 2014, 09:51:09 PM
What's the exact date of the half term in october? This would help to give you a more realistic overview of crowds.

We break up on the 24th in Wales.  If we went during this time, I would probably go sun 26th for 4 nights.

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

LotsoHugginBear

Ok, really end of october. I guess it would become more crowed the closer you get to the 31 of october. But during weekdays it will be ok - except the 31.10. of course.
And the decorations and shows during the Halloween Season are really awesome - I would prefer october instead of february.

Mrsya

Uk schools break up Friday 24th. French schools break up 17th for two weeks. We're arriving Wed 22nd so will hopefully have a quieter Thurs Fri before it gets busy at the weekend. We come home on 27th. Anyone any other tips on how to beat the crowds? I'm thinking early in park, early to rope drops, fast pass, baby switch, early lunches, early teas, one good parade and then ride at that time on other days etc. 

My mantra is: I'd rather be in a busy disneyland than a quiet home!!

amanda08

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on June 01, 2014, 08:09:11 PM
Ok, really end of october. I guess it would become more crowed the closer you get to the 31 of october. But during weekdays it will be ok - except the 31.10. of course.
And the decorations and shows during the Halloween Season are really awesome - I would prefer october instead of february.

Sorry to say but this is not correct. French zone C hols start on 18th October and I know from personal expereince that the parks are MANIC from this date on :'(

Not to say you cant have a brilliant time still, but if you go expecting the crowds to be not too bad, then you are going to get a shock lol