Post Disney Blues...

Started by Mrsya, May 24, 2014, 07:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Got back late last night and think the hole family has it - I'm the worst!! I had a sneaky cry behind my sunglasses walking up Main Street yesterday and then a full on cry sat in traffic on the M1. Am I a saddo or what?

polar vixen

I had a full on panic attack day we were coming home last time, I was so bad A crew membe stopped the ride and asked if I wanted a first aider, all because I was thinking I was going to have to come home and get back to normal life!  All the more reason to book another holiday though!  Did you have a good time?

Lucylouby

You are not alone.  I had a cry as we were picking up the bags in the hotel ready to check out.  It started my daughter off which made me feel worse.  We've had a fabulous time though.  Don't be sad that you are leaving, be happy that you've been there at all, is what I tell the children at times like this, not sure it helps me though...

daddyof2

Maybe they put something in the water so you want to rebook straight away ;) - They should do what Center Parcs do and offer a discount if you book again within a month of your stay ending

Mrsya

Glad to hear its not just me then! We had the most amazingly magical time! My little boy keeps asking why he's sad.... Gulp!

He wants to role play going on rides and going to shows all day ad this afternoon he turned our kitchen into Pirates ride and made a boat out of his sisters changing mat and a flag! Bless him.

I definitely agree they must put something in the water to make you want to rebook. I definitely think ill feel better once I've got a new countdown date in my head. I'm thinking October half term but waiting for a free half board offer as we loved having the vouchers this time.

Thanks for your replies!!

jackieann

Lol. Love that I'm not alone.. been about 7 weeks since I have got back but I am counting down till our christmas trip.  My wedding 10 year wedding anniversary coming up.
I really want to have a cheeky over night trip (off site). But, feel so bad as would leave kids at home. Not sure I could do it. Their ok tho its me that misses disneyland.

seraphelle

I was ok until we got on the bus back to CDG airport outside Disneyland Hotel and my youngest daughter started sobbing, and then that was it, I was a wreck the whole way to the airport.  ::)  I'm welling up now just thinking about it. Sigh. Not long left now (sort of). And I've already decided I'm going again next year whether we can afford it or not  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Mileto

Welcome home! And yes - you are not alone! I cry each time. I cry now secretly as I read your post.
Last visit was a super experience, daughter was bigger, fun was bigger, full board, great weather, Disney Dreams. I still remember my last night show before we go - it was this feeling in my heart making me the most happy woman in the world and at the same time - the most sad one. I saw light tears in my man's eyes.
It's something I can not describe - it's simple happiness, love and peace in the heart!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

stormflm595

I'm a crier as well haha!

I cry walking in for the first time and I cry walking out for the last time! I set my mum off last year, we were both walking up Main Street USA after Dreams sobbing and holding hands haha. It was a throwback to our first time when my mum held my hand to not lose me in the crowds on the last night. That as well saying goodbye to such a magical place broke my heart! But like everyone said, it just gives you that extra reason to go back =)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

guest8408

The only thing I dread about going to Disney this year is coming home :(

perrollaz

That you all have such strong feelings when leaving also means that you all had an unforgettable magical stay at the resort.
Isn't that wonderful to know?

Mrsya

That it is! My post-Disney blues have been somewhat replaced with pre-trip excitement again! Don't care that its something like 140 sleeps to go - just feels good to be counting down again!

Samninetysix

Just need to win that Euromillions and buy a great big house in Magny-Le-Hongre, you could pretty much walk in or cycle in on a daily basis.