Booking for the Eiffel tower

Started by polar vixen, April 27, 2014, 09:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

I waited for months as last time I elft it too late and this time I checked, and checked, and checked, and kept getting told tickets wouldn't be available for purchase until a certain date.  I went online on said date at 9am in the morning, only to get a pop-up saying all tickets were sold out for all time periods.  Not sure how this can be the case.  As I'll be visiting with 5 children, 2 of them very little, and 2 of them with asd, I don't fancy standing in a queue for hours.  We're planning to get there early, but this our one day that we're taking our of Disney to visit some French sites, and I'd rather not spend all of it in queues! 
Is there any way I'm missing that I can book tickets for it before we go?  PLEEEEASE - help me on this, I've tried other sites, but they all seem to want me to do an official tour, and are trying to charge me about 60 + euros per person!

orangarnold

Quote from: polar vixen on April 27, 2014, 09:03:27 PM
I waited for months as last time I elft it too late and this time I checked, and checked, and checked, and kept getting told tickets wouldn't be available for purchase until a certain date.  I went online on said date at 9am in the morning, only to get a pop-up saying all tickets were sold out for all time periods.  Not sure how this can be the case.  As I'll be visiting with 5 children, 2 of them very little, and 2 of them with asd, I don't fancy standing in a queue for hours.  We're planning to get there early, but this our one day that we're taking our of Disney to visit some French sites, and I'd rather not spend all of it in queues! 
Is there any way I'm missing that I can book tickets for it before we go?  PLEEEEASE - help me on this, I've tried other sites, but they all seem to want me to do an official tour, and are trying to charge me about 60 + euros per person!

Unfortunately not, only a very small number of tickets are released in advance. However you could try Tour Montparnasse instead, its a better view, less crowded and cheaper. They even offer tickets in exchange for club card points

polar vixen

oooooooh clubcard points?!!!!! you've got me now, going to check it out straight away!  This is the one point which has been niggling me and stressing me before we go, thank you sooo much!  So glad I asked now!

polar vixen

Have just looked at the reviews, and they're fantastic!  It looks much more suited to us.  Is there a time of day you would recommend going?  I'm tempted to stay to see the Eiffel tower light up, but I think in June, this will be fairly late on, and not worth staying with our little ones just yet.  When you said clubcard, did you mean Tesco clubcard points?  I've checked their site, but can't seem to find anything about it.

Alexz

Me and my girlfriend visited Tour Montparnasse instead of the Eiffel Tower last september and we are very happy that we did that. Less crowded, better view (360), cheaper and perfect for taking photos of the Eiffel Tower!
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

orangarnold

It's got a different name for the attraction but here's the link for the voucher http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=690 order them soon though as it takes about two weeks for a voucher to arrive that you swap for an entry ticket when you're there.

I've been at night, and it's nice but in all honesty you don't see a great deal unless its lit up. I'm going back in June first thing in the morning when it opens to see all the city. Just go when suits you, as its no where near as busy as the Eiffel Tower I'm sure you'll get to see lots any time of day.

Personally I think the Eiffel Tower is a rip off, it's too crowed to enjoy and you spend most of your time in scrums for the lifts,