Disney Ponchos

Started by Livvipivvi, April 16, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hiya, I'm thinking of buying the DLP poncho's from the Disney Store before we travel next month.

Has anyone bought them before?  What are they like? Are they worth getting or is a pack-a-mac better?  I've also got a 13 year old girl, would she need an adult or child poncho?

TIA  :D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Samninetysix

They're ok but not great in strong winds as they tend to rip fairly easily. If you have a waterproof coat anyway then take that although the Disney ones do have that huge castle on the back :)

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Samninetysix on April 16, 2014, 01:02:54 PM
They're ok but not great in strong winds as they tend to rip fairly easily. If you have a waterproof coat anyway then take that although the Disney ones do have that huge castle on the back :)

Okies, thank you.  Maybe I'll just stick to the raincoat then.  I was thinking of the logo on the poncho too, but at least you can use the raincoats again I suppose  ;) [size=78%] [/size]

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

gemma2806

The ponchos in WDW are of a far better quality being longer, more durable and a thicker more comfortable material plus I love the wonderful Mickey picture on the back of them sadly I was forced to pay an extortionate amount for ponchos at DLP when we got caught in a downpour unprepared. They are much shorter so your legs get soaked, very thin flimsy material that easily rips and only have a small DLP logo on them. For the cost incurred you are much better off taking a decent rain coat or mac!

grovesie

As said before the DLP ponchos are very thin and rip very easily, you'll be luck to wear them a few times. I would opt for a thin waterproof jacket/ pack-a-mack, a little more expensive but in the long run they will be better value.

michellemumof2xx

When we went, I bought my 2 daughters a pink showerproof coat from the world of disney store in the disney village. They were €42.99 each, but  you could choose from pink and blue, they are fleece lined which you can take out too, so its 2 coats in one. The coats have a lovely pattern on the back saying disneyland paris, with images of mickey, minnie, eiffel tower, duffy bear etc in the word paris. They are beatiful coats, so if you wanted something like that, you can get them there. We have had so many people comment and compliment the coats since we got home!!  Michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

fhana

I purchased some really good quality ones and come in a Family pack. They are sold by Lingito a company run by sisters. They sell them on amazon for much much less than at the parks. They are thicker than than most i have used and def kept us very dry.

https://www.amazon.com/Lingito-Rain-Poncho-Family-Pack/dp/B06XD821TV/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1534885339&sr=8-4&keywords=ponchos