Sequioa Lodge and characters...

Started by moonloo, April 13, 2014, 01:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonloo

Hello everybody!!

I just booked for March 2015 in a Golden Forrest room at the Sequioa Lodge for 6 nights. Now I know that the characters will be gone from the hotels by then for the usual meet and greets, but will they still be there for the Golden Forrest rooms?!

Thank you in advance!!!

Moonloo x

Aurora1

As far as I understood, the characters in the hotels at breakfast are staying! Someone correct me, if I`m wrong!

HFJohnson

I'm afraid I've read the opposite. There will no longer be characters at any of the hotels, including Golden Forest etc, after November, with the exception of the Castle Club in the DLH.

Princesshollypop

I read that they are staying in the hotels for the premium guests with the perks, eg golden forest, castle club etc, but apart from that they won't be there.

moonloo

Oooooooh!! It seems everyone has heard different things... Im hoping that they will be there as that's probably the best part of Golden Forrest rooms (for me anyway)!
Disney are being typically  :-X about it though... hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Thanks for the replies!! I have my fingers X!!

Moonloo

amanda08

Sorry, but I had an email from Disney about this and they confirmed that characters will own be in the Castle Club of the Disneyland Hotel from November onwards (14th i think)
The new brochure will reflect this.

Disney have also been contacting customers that have booked club level rooms which have always advertised characters at breakfast (Golden Forest and Empire State Club) to let them know of the changes. They have also been allowing customers to downgrade bookings without penalty if asked, as they are aware that for some customers the characters at breakfast are one of the main reasons for booking club level.

Apparantely there are going to be some great new charachter things going on in the parks during EMH to replace the characters in the hotels.

moonloo

Oh no that's bad news!!! Now to down grade or not downgrade, that is the question!!!!

SGregory27

Quote from: moonloo on April 14, 2014, 05:35:45 PM
Oh no that's bad news!!! Now to down grade or not downgrade, that is the question!!!!

Did you downgrade? We have booked golden forest lakeview room for Feb half term and was told GF are going to have American breakfast as a perk.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

hawian rollercoaster

Do all golden forest rooms have a balcony .

moonloo

Yes we decided to downgrade...
We really did only pick golden forest for the characters, so if we will get the same character interaction if we stay in santa fe, I think it was sensible for us to downgrade.

Funnily enough, the travel agent knew nothing of the changes and when they called disney (with me there), Disney were a little bit tricky saying that there was extra character interaction in the park. It was actually when I showed the travel agent this website and explained that the character interaction they were talking about was for ALL disney hotels not GF specific that they were shocked and called disney right back to complain.

The downgrade went from us having to pay to downgrade (due to the deals no longer being on) to Disney agreeing to honour the origional deals and thus saving us over £300.

So the information on this site saved us a lot of money and disapointment. Now Im really excited to see what the charecters are going to be like for EMH!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hawian rollercoaster

Is it a cooked breakfast at golden forest like hny and dlh ?

Aurora1

Read in another post from November they are serving hot breakfast, cause the characters are gone!