Hello lovely people, some help if I may re. Inventions?

Started by moonloo, January 27, 2014, 10:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonloo

Hi guys!!
Very excited for our 3rd trip coming up very soon! I will be travelling with our 10 year old who has aspergers. Now he will only eat plain pasta and chips (seriously he has lived for 9.5 years on plain pasta and chips alone), its to do with sensory issues!!!
We have previously dined at cafe mickey where he was happy to eat the chips, however we would really like to try inventions!
I have spent ages pouring through reviews and photos to try and ascertain whether inventions character buffet includes either chips or plain pasta to no avail. I believe in 1 photo I can see a big vat of what looks like plain spaghetti, could anyone be so kind as to confirm this for me? Just really looking for confirmation that inventions buffet includes either plain pasta or chips.
If anyone has recently travelled and can remember, or perhaps you are about to go and could report back.
Thank you very much for reading, hope somebody can help!

DLRP Roundup!

We ate there this month and yes it had plain pasta. It also had roast potatoes, not sure if you can cut/shape them to chips.

Plaza Gardens and La Grange usually have plain pasta too :)

However you'll usually get away booking dinner around lunch time, pop in and ask on the day :)

The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

haribosmum

There's definitely pasta and I too seem to think its spaghetti then you pour the sauce on separately.  if it's not the case, I'm pretty sure you would be able to speak to a chef behind the counter at inventions and ask them to provide some before they mix with sauce am sure they would (is supposed to be a 5 star hotel after all and is a straightforward request!)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

moonloo

Thank you Haribosmum and Trekkie101, that is really helpful! I can book away knowing he might actually be able to eat something! Brilliant!

Thank you again for your kind replies!

;D

julesk

My daughter has sensory problems and eating is equally as difficult for us. Inventions didnt do Chips last year when we went but they did do the sauce free pasta. This sounds terrible but we went for the charactors, I'm sure my little one lives on fresh air alone.

haribosmum

I think we should take a more American approach to food in restaurants, especially where kids and their needs are concerned.  We're always too polite, but I'm sure if we were to ask the chefs/manager for assistance in producing something (even if have to tell them in advance) they would do so.    we travelled with friends recently to a hotel that was serving all you can eat buffet and she's vegan so asked what they could do.  their vegetables were all served in butter so they went off and cooked her a load fresh.    it might still be a lot to pay for their food, but it really is worth it for the character interaction.
also, not sure if either of the kids above eat ice cream / ice lollies, but we found in virtually every buffet restaurant these were available you just had to ask for them (certainly in Plaza gardens and the Parkside Diner in HNY anyway). 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

moonloo

Quote from: julesk on January 28, 2014, 09:31:42 PM
My daughter has sensory problems and eating is equally as difficult for us. Inventions didnt do Chips last year when we went but they did do the sauce free pasta. This sounds terrible but we went for the charactors, I'm sure my little one lives on fresh air alone.

Ahhhh Julesk thank you for the reply, its always interesting to hear from someone who shares the experience!!! Well we have booked inventions for all 4 nights at 6pm so hoping to get in there before anyone can "contaminate" the food, ie drop any sauce on the pasta or mix up serving tongs etc. Now planning to show every google image on the place I can to DS so hopefully might be able to pre empt any "OMG I dont recognise this place melt downs"!

moonloo

Haribosmum, thats an interesting idea! My mum is vegan and we think nothing of asking for lots of info and requesting small changes to the menu to accomodate her, but I always feel a bit embarrassed to do the same for a ten year old. I almost feel that people are thinking he is mollycoddled or thinking the old, he'd eat if he were hungry!!

We have a photo of the plain spaghetti but DS noticed green garnish on it so that is now off limits! Looks like this will be an interesting 4 days, he will also not eat any of the breakfast offerings... there will be nothing of him when we get home!

Thank you for your kind reply!   :)

polar vixen

Last time we went, we had a free half board dining plan, my son, (8), also has asd, and is not supposed to eat wheat!  It doesn't make him terribly ill fortunately, just bloated and extra hyper, but because of his food issues, every meal buffet meal we went to consisted of him eating 6 petit pain, and sometimes a slice of melon!  If i'd paid the 12 euros for his buffet i'd have cried, but I tend to think it's only a few days, it doesn't matter what junk they eat as long as they eat,  if your son really isn't eating anything some restaurants will probably be happy not to charge for him, esp, if you can find someone who speaks reasonable english adn can understand, we went to the DLH for berakfast twice, and weren't charged for him, as he again shockingly ate ......petit pain!

seraphelle

Hi,

I have a veggie daughter and although I know that is extremely different to your situation, I can empathise with the difficulty in knowing what is in what and what may have touched what, etc. The spaghetti in Inventions is plain and I don't remember seeing any herby dressings on it but I could be wrong, however, if you explain to the waiter / chef they will bend over backwards for you I have no doubt.

The staff in Inventions couldn't do enough for us, even in Auberge de Cendrillon (sp?) when I explained my daughter was veggie (and no, not a fish eating veggie when they offered salmon  ;D ) they came up with a dish just for her of plain pasta with a seperate tomato and basil sauce she could use if she wished and even some vegetarian cheese to sprinkle on the top  :)

As for chips, I don't recall seeing any in inventions but they do have mickey's head potato shapes, perhaps these could be 'disney chips'...? My cousins daughter who has autism has a thing for the potato smiley places and was placated with these. Obviously this might not be suitable for son but I'm sure they could knock some potatoes into a fryer for you without any problems.  :)

Have a great time x
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

moonloo

Seraphelle and Polar Vixon thank you for your replies! I'm too terribly shy to ask for things other than what's offered really but I may well psych myself up for it and practice my year 8 french !!!
:o