Help with meal planning

Started by Meroko, February 11, 2014, 10:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meroko

Hi,

I would really appreciate some help with meal planning. We've never been to disneyland Paris before, we have half board plus vouchers. There are 3 of us, two adults and a three year old. We are going for 4 nights, 5 days and we have a spending money budget of £550 between us to make up for the rest of the meals etc.

So far I have:

Day 1 - plaza gardens. We arrive at 10am in the morning, my daughter will have got up at 4am so I figure a buffet at lunchtime is the best option?

Day 2 - cafe Mickey for breakfast and pay the supplement? Is it better to go to cafe Mickey for breakfast than tea? For dinner we were thinking a reservation at walts, is that going to be okay for a 3 year old?

Day 3 - I was debating going to restaurant des stars as this was the day I was debating us going to the studio park, but I'm not sure about the restaurant?

Day 4 - I'm thinking blue lagoon for the theming? I don't like fish but the chicken and plantain sounds awesome.

Day 5 - our vouchers run out so I wasn't sure. Rainforest cafe for the theming for my daughter? Agrabah cafe? (I really want to go here but don't know when to fit it in). A steakhouse?

I also need advice on what counter service restaurants for other meals? I obviously want to keep the costs down for other meals.

Many thanks for any help you can give, or any opinions on restaurants. I've read reviews on trip advisor and threads on here and none the wiser.

SVioletS

Hi!

If you have half board plus you should eat, if possible, within the same category of restaurants. Both plaza gardens and restaurant dês stars are standard category. You can of course eat there, but you will pay for a meal below  vouchers face value. if you want to eat there, i recommend paying in cash and keep your voucher for the steakhouse in the village, which is really nice, on your last day.
Walts and blue lagoon are both plus category, so no issue there! I am not sure about agrabah cafe... Sorry.
We went to walts with our 5 and 22 months old DDs and it was fine!

As for counter Service i like toad hall, cowboy cookout and colonel hathis pizza. Chalet de la marionete is ok i guess.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

polar vixen

You may want to consider to save yourself a bit of money having your lunch late or tea early and snacking inbetween, esp. if you've had a good breakfast, when we ate at buffets, we had our big breakfast, had a waffle or toffee apple (or somehing equally unhealthy) around lunchtime, then skipped all the crowds by eating about 4.  Agrabah depends alot on your tastes, the venue is fantastic, but none of my kids liked the food, eating only petit pain, and chicken drumsticks, so it really was a wasted meal for them, but that depends on what your child likes to eat, and be careful as this place shuts at unusual times, the days we were there, it was only open till 3, and the food got taken off the counter at about 2:30.

Meroko

Thank you all for your help so far x

Livvipivvi

Hiya,  We are going on our first trip to dlp in May and I'm just trying to work out our meals too. We have also got the Half Board Plus meal plan, but I'm not really thinking about lunch for most days because we will fill up on breakfast and take a few bits from then to snack on. I've read that lots of people do it, so I'm taking a roll of sandwich bags away with us. If your going after April, like we are, it's also worth remembering that you get a voucher for a drink and pastry type snack every day. You can use it after 3pm, so this could also be handy for filling that gap and keeping you going until dinner  :) .

So far I've got

Sunday - Thinking either cafe Mickeys or inventions

Monday - Walts

Tuesday - I've bought tickets for the Buffalo Bill show for this day.  It's the 9.30 showing though, so I'm looking for somewhere to go for lunch.  Can't see us lasting that late and I've got the vouchers to use up. I am hoping to go to the Studios park this day too, so bit confused on what to do here  :-\

Wednesday - Either Cafe Mickeys or Inventions, which ever one we don't go to on day 1.

Thursday - We are leaving at about 5.30pm, so I've booked the princess lunch @ 2pm to finish the holiday off.

The steak house in the village is supposed to do a fab character lunch on a Sunday.  It's no good for us because it's on 1-3 and we don't arrive until 1.30ish on the Sunday and are leaving on a Thursday.  If you're there on a Sunday afternoon though, it's worth considering  :D .  Theres so many places that sound lovely, but we've not got enough time to fit them all in lol.  I'm also interested in knowing if you get vouchers for your last day?  Does anyone know please? I've not read anywhere if the vouchers are given to you for the number of days in the park or the nights that you spend at the hotel. If we do get vouchers then we will go for lunch on another day too, to use them up. 

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

never2old

Vouchers depend on the number of nights