Christmas 2013

Started by Martyng, February 01, 2014, 06:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyng

Hi Guys,

Thought i'd link some of my pictures from this years trip. We went from the 24-26 December and stayed in the new rooms at the Sequoia (Golden forest rooms). From what i remember the rooms haven't changed much but the included coffee machine was a great bonus and the bar downstairs where you can get free drinks and snacks during the day was excellent and made the trip a lot cheaper than normal. The small area were we check in is also very nice and makes you feel like a VIP!

We also had Christmas dinner at the New York hotel. This was really good and the room was well decorated. The food was nice but we missed a traditional Christmas meal so i don't think its something we would do again.

As far as the parks went, they were really busy. For some reason i was expecting them to be pretty quiet but when thinking about it i doubt they would bother opening if there wasn't a real need for it as i expect they would pay staff a lot more for working.

We were worried about the weather as it had been raining the day before we left quite badly but for our entire stay although cold was really dry so this made it much more enjoyable.

We also booked up for August this year as my Youngest son really enjoyed the trip especially as he is an avid Cars fan.

I hope you enjoy the pics.

http://s141.photobucket.com/user/guiverm/slideshow/Disney%202013%20Christmas

BoristheSpider

Brill pics! Everything looks so lovely with the lights & decorations.

Thanks for sharing x

Samninetysix

We did Christmas 2006 in Newport Bay, Admirals floor, lake view (the room on the left of the 3 at the very top with balconies). Christmas day was pretty quiet initially, after breakfast being delivered by room service we went to the park and went on BTM 3 times just in the normal queue, not that there was a queue, then to POTC, Phantom Manor etc, it was great. Christmas eve however was just nuts, the queues were obscene.

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Samninetysix on February 03, 2014, 09:33:51 PM
We did Christmas 2006 in Newport Bay, Admirals floor, lake view (the room on the left of the 3 at the very top with balconies). Christmas day was pretty quiet initially, after breakfast being delivered by room service we went to the park and went on BTM 3 times just in the normal queue, not that there was a queue, then to POTC, Phantom Manor etc, it was great. Christmas eve however was just nuts, the queues were obscene.

In fairness, they probably still only had three gates open :P
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

BlackPearl

Great pictures, thanks for posting  :D