Meal plan reservavtions - are they necessary?

Started by nattylou, January 16, 2014, 01:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nattylou

Hi

We are going for 5 days in August, staying in the Sante Fe, and also have the Standard Meal Plan.  We are thinking of using our meal vouchers on an evening rather than lunchtime.  Will we still need to reserve?  Are the restaurants likely to be busier during the day than on a night?  We can go to:

Plaza Gardens Restaurant
Silver Spur Steakhouse
Cowboy Cookout BBQ
Agrabah Café
Restaurant des Stars                     
Annette's Diner
La Grange at Billy Bobs
La Cantina (in our hotel)

If anyone has any experiences, good or bad of these restaurants, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

never2old

You should always book, both lunchtime and evening can be very busy, and in the summer even more so. Most of them you can book on the same day, we usually book in the morning after breakfast for lunch and dinner on that day, unless we're going for a character meal (which we book as soon as possible).

Also note that some restaurants only open for lunchtime (for instance Agrabah Cafe); and for some of restaurants in your list you cannot book (Cowboy Cookout, Annette's).

We often go to Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe, both great buffets. Last time we ate in the Restaurant des Stars and it was also very good.

Annette's is great, I love the burgers there and the atmosphere is a lot of fun.

BoristheSpider

Can you book via e-mail or is via the reservations line only?x

hawian rollercoaster

I was disappointed with La Grange i found the food very taste less . It was my choice to go as i love tex mex and had to talk the family into it they actually seemed to enjoy it more than me however if your lookin for nice spicy food dont go .

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: hawian rollercoaster on January 18, 2014, 06:29:30 PM
I was disappointed with La Grange i found the food very taste less . It was my choice to go as i love tex mex and had to talk the family into it they actually seemed to enjoy it more than me however if your lookin for nice spicy food dont go .

Oh I've never been disappointed, probably my favourite on site. Shame to hear it.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts