can you bring food and alcohol into the hotel?

Started by catface, January 09, 2014, 01:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catface

Hi,

I keep reading and seeing about security checks etc when entering the Disneyland resort and that food(as in picnic baskets and the like) and alcohol are not allowed into the park. But I was wondering is the case for the Disney hotels too? Obviously not planning on some mad piss up!! but we will be in Paris the day before and my boyfriend and I were hoping to bring a few beers or a bottle of wine and some food with us for our hotel room after being in the park for the day having probably spent too much money! Never thought it would be an issue but a work colleague said last time she was there bags were xrayed and she saw alcohol being taken off people! Any info would be greatly appreciated as we'd rather not have the embarrassment of being the ones who didn't know or discovering we could have brought goods with us and not leave entirely penniless lol!

michellemumof2xx

I think thats jut for the park, and they mean big picnic baskets etc, no alcohol, but a few nibbles in your bag should be fine for the day. Were going for our first time in just over 5weeks, and will be taking drinks amd snacks for in the hotel. Ivenot heard of your bags being scanned in hotels, but i do think they do random security checks in the parks. Hope this helps, michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

bad-pink-tink

The security bag checks are in two places.
1 At the entrance to the village when you walk from the hotels

2. When you walk from the train station / shuttle buss area to Disneyland Hotel / park entrance.

Both of these bag checks are like airport scanners. You put your bag in and it rolls through the scanner and out the other side. Very quick and simple. Many people bring snacks and drinks into the park, so as long as its something you can eat on the go I very much doubt it will be taken off you. Also Disneyland Paris is the only Disney park where alcohol is served in the park restaurants.

There have been issues in the park where people would bring picnic hampers and just sit randomly in a grassy area, this what they don't want to happen.

As for taking bottles of wine into the hotel, this is not a problem.  There are bag scanners outside all the hotels but its just random bag searches. We were there for 5 days, and not once were we asked to go through the random bag scan at the hotel. Also the shops in the the hotels sell bottles of wine, and there is a small shop / petrol station at the entrance to Santa Fe hotel which sells alcohol , beer and spirits. 

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

catface

That's great! Thanks guys! Really appreciate the replies and info! I've never been before so trying to have as much money as possibly for goodies and merch not food and drink! And my boyfriend might as well have not been for info like this as his memory is awful/he wasn't paying attention and he just wants to get back on the rides!!!

EeyoresTail

We took our electric camping fridge with us last year to keep our beer and milk cold, no problem doing that at the hotel.

Rapunzel1

We also brought packages of drinks, snacks (like liga and chocolate) to our hotel newport bay). We just left it on the table. No problem at all. We travel with four children. It is just too expensive te pay 3,50 euro for a drink and a couple of euro's for a chocolate bar each time the children want a drink or something to eat.

In march we plan to stay at the disneyland hotel and we will bring drinks and snacks again. And I am sure we will spend more than enough money on dinner, lunch and souvenirs.

grovesie

On every trip I take a case of beer, It's left on show at the hotel and not taken from us at the security point..... well so far any way