Cafe Mickey or Inventions?

Started by habssac, November 27, 2013, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

habssac

I want to book character dining for me and hubby one evening so  I wondered if anyone had any suggestions about whether one would be better than another? We are both mid-twenties and don't have children so is one going to be preferable? I appreciate there will be children at both but I would hate to feel like I was stealing a character away from a child! So I suppose I'm asking which has the better interaction opportunities, and more of them?
Also which one has better food?
We have standard half-board vouchers so am I right in assuming I can offset these against the cost in either restaurant and just pay the extra?
Sorry for all the questions!

SVioletS

I've never been, but from my readings of reviews i would suggest inventions. You can use the vouchers for their face value but keep in mind that inventions is more expensive than cafe mickey. If on a budget, i would say go to cafe mickey! In either one im sure you'll have fun!:)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Aurora1

Inventions is a buffet, more expensive, quiter, but still great character interaction.
Cafe Mickey is table service, cheaper, louder, but mostly great character interaction.

So, I guess it depends on what works for you better. Don`t worry abot the characters stealing away. They do their rounds at the tables, so come to evereyone!
Have great trip!!

haribosmum

The characters spend their time at each table regardless of if there's children or not.  When we did Café Mickey I felt it was a bit more rushed and the food wasn't great.  Whereas I have loved Inventions and not felt hurried.  But of course there is a pretty big price difference. 
Café Mickey does have a bit more of a fun element when the music comes on and they all start dancing etc, but that's only happened on one of my visits.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

strawjaw

I agree, if money isn't an issue, I would suggest inventions, there's less children, it's quieter, and the food is great.  :)
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights