Only 9 stars to go...

Started by antonh, November 25, 2013, 12:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonh

We've been trying a motivational experiment for a bit of fun and also to see if the magic of Disney can be used to encourage our 2 x DDs to behave well. They have to get 500 "stars" between them to "win" the trip to Disneyland next month. Obviously it's all booked and we're going anyway, but the illusion seems to have held so far.

To explain the photo - we started about 4 months ago with a big star chart poster I had printed. If they flunked it and get less then 500, there were inferior "prizes" at 100, 200, 300 and 400 stars. If they had only got 100 stars in 4 months, the prize would have been "camping in a field" (not much fun in December!). There is also a bonus prize on offer - reach 600 points by the time we leave and they get lunch with the princesses at Auberge de Cendrillon!

Anyway, they are now at 491 stars, nearly there! It's certainly been great fun and generated a lot of excitement, but as to whether their behaviour improved in the run up, I'd say it's pretty marginal...

What do you think? Anyone else done something similar? Or have we committed an unspeakable act of cruelty/psychological manipulation and should be locked up?

P.S. to any residents and fans of Skegness, Birmingham or Dusseldorf, please forgive me... I hope you don't mind that I positioned these as "lesser" destinations - I'm sure they are all lovely in their own way. But they aren't Disneyland!

never2old

What a great idea!!  :D I'll need to remember this when my daughter is a bit older...

bad-pink-tink

:D  wow very imaginative and creative 
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016