Sante Fe or Cheyenne hotel?

Started by Kesirra, November 18, 2013, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kesirra

Having not stayed in either (or a Disney hotel for that matter) which would be better?

andlorna

What you have got to remember is that your not in your room alot only sleeping changing etc, we have stayed in both and we love the Cheyenne the attention to detail is fantastic and if you have children im sure they will love the western theme, my 2 children love it and bunk beds. However if your children like Cars the movie they would like Sante Fe :)
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

bad-pink-tink

for me it depends on budget and what you actually want from the hotel. The last time I was there I stayed at Snat Fe. I was on my own and I just wanted a very basic hotel. Having stayed at regular budget hotels ie Travel Lodge, Comfort Inns etc, I would say Santa Fe is at the higher end of budget hotels. I had breakfast early in the morning and stayed in the park all day until closing.

This time at Christmas I am staying at Sequoia Lodge. I am bringing my mum for Christmas and the themeing of Sequoia plus the swimming pool is why I chose this hotel for this trip.

My advice
1. Look at your budget and compare your trip in Cheyanne and Santa Fe
2. Look at the themeing and see which appeals more to you
3. Look at the room layout, Santa Fe has two double beds while Cheyanne has the bunk beds
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

mnewcourt

I stayed at both and I prefer the Cheyenne. The theming is so much better there in my opinion and I love the buffet at dinner time there.

daddyof2

Concur with everyone else, for me I'd pick the Cheyenne (never stayed in either myself) for the theming. Bear in mind that neither have air con, and are the furthest hotels from the parks. However, they are the cheapest Disney hotels, obviously.

Kesirra

Thanks everyone. Just trying to decide whether to stay offsite or at one of those two hotels.  Offsite is cheaper but only by about £50. Decisions decisions lol

captain rocket

I always go for the best deal and if £50 is what you can save offsite that is some good spending money! I also think that the partner hotels offer better accomodation than the Disney hotels pound for pound, but they are not Disney! It's a difficult decision to make but it comes down to if you want Disney theming and convenience or to save that £50.
Good luck deciding!

ozzyowl1

Hi, I would definitely stay on site for £50 extra. Of the two hotels I prefer the Santa Fe, especially now a lot of the rooms have been refurbished, IMO Cheyenne is well overdue an overhaul - we stayed there a couple of years ago & found the room run down and tired looking  :'( . Breakfast is madness in both hotels, try to get there really early or really late to avoid the rush!!

bad-pink-tink

£50 extra onsite is well worth it, whichever hotel you decide. You get the EMH, as well as the shopping service and still have that Disney atmosphere when you leave the park
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

daddyof2

I have read somewhere that The Vienna Dream Castle Hotel and Magic Circus Hotel are both very nice - not sure how they come out cost-wise.

captain rocket

I have stayed in both and they represent much better value than the corresponding Disney hotels! However, as i have said before, they are not Disney! I have just come back from the Sequoia Lodge and had a great stay, at the moment I love Disney hotels but when it comes to laying down my cash I would always consider the partner hotels. As for price comparison, try sites like Expedia for the offsite and then compare it with Disney's quote, you know wether the price or convenience are most important to you!

Samninetysix

Quote from: daddyof2 on November 19, 2013, 10:31:05 PM
I have read somewhere that The Vienna Dream Castle Hotel and Magic Circus Hotel are both very nice - not sure how they come out cost-wise.

When we stayed this Halloween at the Magic Circus, it was £70 per night cheaper than Hotel Cheyenne. Magic Circus is 4* and a very nice hotel. The toss up for us was do we want to stay in a Disney hotel and have either a short walk back to the hotel (not so short with Cheyenne and Santa Fe) or have a higher quality room with better and more relaxed breakfast, we went for Magic Circus and saved money. Having said that, our next trip in February 2014 is our 51st trip to DLP so we don't really base our decisions on "Well, we're only going to sleep in the room anyway", when we go to DLP now, we tend to stroll and if there is no queue then we will go on a ride, if not it's no biggie and we tend to enjoy the whole experience including getting tired early and chilling in the hotel room :) . This Halloween we went on maybe 12 rides in 6 days but we still had a fantastic time.

polar vixen

I love being able to get up and see characters when going for breakfast, the queue is always relatively short, it just makes it feel more Disney as soon as you're up.  I'd go for Disney everytime.  £50 yes is spending money but I think well worth it.  (We paid 50 Euros for our family of 6 to have breakfast in the Disneyland hotel twice, and it was GORGEOUS) would highly recommend that as a treat if your budget will stretch to it and you end up staying off site.

andlorna

Quote from: polar vixen on November 20, 2013, 11:46:20 PM
I love being able to get up and see characters when going for breakfast, the queue is always relatively short, it just makes it feel more Disney as soon as you're up.  I'd go for Disney everytime.  £50 yes is spending money but I think well worth it.  (We paid 50 Euros for our family of 6 to have breakfast in the Disneyland hotel twice, and it was GORGEOUS) would highly recommend that as a treat if your budget will stretch to it and you end up staying off site.
Did you book the breakfast before you went. How much was it per person x
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Kesirra

Thank you everyone.  Those that have stayed at The Vienna Dream Castle Hotel and Magic Circus Hotel and other Disney related hotels, how did you book them?