Sequoia lodge golden forest rooms

Started by stuart3380, September 27, 2013, 10:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuart3380

Good Morning

I am visiting the park for the first time in October with my wife and 3 year old boy. We are staying in the Golden Forest Rooms and I am struggling to find pictures and information.
I would appreciates some reviews and pictures if possible please.
Many thanks

Stuart

TheDisneyMagic

I just come back from a long weekend trip staying in one of these rooms and I was impressed, I will try and upload some pictures for you later today.

The perks of staying there was great, Character Breakfast every morning, this serves continental type foods or you can pay for hot food. We found that there was two characters a day rotating.

We have stayed in a regular room in the past here and the breakfast for Black Forest Club guests was far superior with things like the fruit being fresh compared to tinned.

You also get access to a room with free drinks throughout the day and in the evening time they provide drinks and snacks (think doughnuts, sweets and cakes).

We were on floor six and had a great view over the Disney Village and Walt Disney Studios and only a minute or two walk to the swimming pool.

Keep in mind the pool is in another building so you get changed in changing rooms at the pool - compared to the Disneyland Hotel where you change in your room and go to the pool in a bath robe.

stuart3380

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. Rooms sound good and the perks of the free drinks is a welcome bonus!

how was the pool temperature as I have read that it can be quite cold for smaller children.

Thanks again.

TheDisneyMagic

Last time we went the pool was freezing! This time it was quite comfortable. Can be a little bit of a shock when you first get in if it is a warm day outside but you adjust within seconds. If you tip toe in then it will take longer to adjust.

They also have an outside section of the pool but at this time of year it is blocked off and covered.

The hot tub is nice and warm though  ;D

Slide on the pool was a nice added bonus as well but there Water fall was not working during my stay.

I haven't taken any pictures of the pool area though.

Aurora1

We`ll stay there from the 7th. I`m really loooking forward to it! :)

TheDisneyMagic

Sorry they are not the best quality as the first two were taken facing the windows and then I had to compress them down in order to upload to here.

I would right click each image and select open in New Tab or New Window otherwise if you click on them half of the image gets cut off.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheDisneyMagic

This was the look from our Window, again right click each image and select Open in New Tab or New Window.

TheDisneyMagic

And a nice frontal view as well.

stuart3380

Many thanks for uploading the pictures. Rooms look really nice. Cannot wait for our visit now! 3 weeks to go!  :D

TheDisneyMagic

You are more than welcome Stuart,
I hope you and your family have a great first trip.  :D

BoristheSpider

The Bambi wallpaper border is a nice touch x

marc

Zeer mooie kamers
En ook zeer mooie foto's

Kristof

Quote from: marc on October 02, 2013, 08:46:58 AM
Zeer mooie kamers
En ook zeer mooie foto's

Welcome Marc to magicforum. I assume you've been redirected here from DLRPfans.be

I'd like to point out that unfortunately we can only allow English post,s since this is a European forum.

If you need any assistance, do let me know.

juttawdw

We Just booked the golden forest room, i see on the photo's there is a nespreso machine but is there also a watercooker?
I also understand there is a fridge how big is it?

captain rocket

Yes there is a kettle with tea and instant coffee provided, Did'nt see a fridge when I was there, not much call in December!