[DLR] Rockin' both parks

Started by Dlrpfan, March 04, 2007, 03:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

Looks like disneyland resort have opened Rockin' space mountain and Rockin' california screemin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vikt9ylU ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnDxXi9xG5Q
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Patrick

Yes they have been like that since January a very bad promotional idea if you ask me.  Red Hot Chilli peppers are hardly a great idea for outer space.

Anthony

Thank god we have Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith rather than this rubbish.  The idea is actually pretty cool, they just chose such boring music for a coaster.

jortlaban

I've been on both, and although the idea may sound lame, both rides are actually pretty cool with these new soundtracks...

the original space mountain (the normal version without the Rockin' soundtrack) is actually pretty dumb, there's nothing to see but stars, no planets, no comets, no projections of milky ways... NOTHING, so the rockin' version is better IMO.
Shareholder TWDC & EDASCA

Patrick

Quote from: "jortlaban"I've been on both, and although the idea may sound lame, both rides are actually pretty cool with these new soundtracks...

the original space mountain (the normal version without the Rockin' soundtrack) is actually pretty dumb, there's nothing to see but stars, no planets, no comets, no projections of milky ways... NOTHING, so the rockin' version is better IMO.

Hmm really I thought the whole upgrade of space mountain was include projections and things like they have in mission2.

jortlaban

nope, just rotating star fields and michael giachino music (different that the paris version though, but the same style)...

the projection systems and all other added stuff was for Rock it Mountain, the canceled project that has now become the temporary Rockin' Space Mountain.
Shareholder TWDC & EDASCA

Dlrpfan

also does the space mountain at DLR have any loops?
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

mehdi5

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"also does the space mountain at DLR have any loops?
No it doesn't. Cool those rockin's both parks. I wonder how Space Mountain: Mission 2 would be with a rock song for a limited time that would be awesome :D

Patrick

Quote from: "mehdi5"
No it doesn't. Cool those rockin's both parks. I wonder how Space Mountain: Mission 2 would be with a rock song for a limited time that would be awesome :D

No it would not be awesome, the current soundtrack is stretching the theme enough, plus Disneyland Resort Paris are in not as much despiration for anyone to visit like the American parks seem to be this year :P .

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"
Quote from: "mehdi5"

No it would not be awesome, the current soundtrack is stretching the theme enough, plus Disneyland Resort Paris are in not as much despiration for anyone to visit like the American parks seem to be this year :P .

i have to agree with paddy on this one i like mission 2 as it is and with a sound track from a rock group will just rewin the whole discoveryland feel
Dan

Anthony

Erm... plus we already have that attraction over in the Studios! :lol:

They should have built RNRC in Hollywood Pictures Backlot really (instead of Superstar Limo), and built California Screamin' as an actual, real wooden coaster - but with a faint Disney touch.  DCA should really be "Disney Does California"...

Edit: Well, "Disney/Pixar Does California". :P

1FoolishMortal

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"No it would not be awesome, the current soundtrack is stretching the theme enough, plus Disneyland Resort Paris are in not as much despiration for anyone to visit like the American parks seem to be this year :P .

I actually don't know why they thought they needed the promotion to keep attendance up.  Attendance has been quite steady this first part of the year.

We're actually getting ready to brace ourselves the next few years, with Pirates Lair & the Submarine Voyage opening this year, Midway Mania and the Pixar Pals Parade opening next year, and Disney's Wonderful World of Color opening in 2009.  It's going to be a busy next few years!
"Keep Moving Forward."
- Walt Disney