Hotel New York

Started by kirstyf, September 23, 2013, 10:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirstyf

Hi this is my first post to this site.

My husband and I and our 2 daughters are visiting in a couple of weeks, but I just have a few questions.

We are staying at the Hotel New York. Do we need to take our own towels and hair dryer or are these provided? Also, does anyone know if it is possible to request a room with 1 double and 2 single beds, rather than 2 doubles?

Thanks in advance

gemma2806

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The Hotel New York provide towels and hair dryers in all rooms as standard so you shouldn't need to take these. However I've found on previous visits that hair dryers can be hit and miss as to whether they work so I tend to take a travel hair dryer just in case!

You can't request a room type like that I'm afraid as they simply don't do them. It's either two doubles or a Kingsize. However Disney hotels do have trundle/camp beds but they don't advertise these. When I stayed last year my son was too big for a cot and so they offered to put one of these beds in the room with our Kingsize bed. It worked out really well for us. I guess you could ask them to do this if it really is an issue for you however there would not be a lot of space in the room and they may not be willing to do this due to health and safety/fire hazards. Our room was slightly larger than standard as it was a Kingsize corner room and the only place it could just about fit in the standard double rooms would be at the foot of one of the beds.

Hope this info is of some use!

Festival Disney

Kirsty, Welcome to Magicforum  :D

As gemma has answered I won't bore you by repeating what she's said, but you might find more help in the Trip Planning forum next time! All the trip planning guru's check there regularly and often miss out these other threads  8)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Kristof

Welcome kirstyf. Hope you'll have a great time here and in Disney's Hotel New York. I've moved your topic to the trip planning board, where all the experts are.  ;)