Closed park and attractions

Started by Alexz, September 19, 2013, 04:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexz

When we visited the park on saturday the 14th the whole park was closed due to a technical issue at the gates and was opened after a couple of hours. And then a couple of attractions were also closed because of techical issues. And on tuesday the 24th we visited the park again and this time Crush's Coaster, Rock N Rollercoaster, Tram Tour and a couple of more attractions were closed on an off the whole day, also because of technical problems.

My question is, does this happen often? Or did we just have maximum bad luck?
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

BoristheSpider

Wow, that does sound like bad luck! Did you manage to do the closed attractions at a different time during your trip? x

idylles

I think you had bad luck.  I used to visit the Studios a lot and I've never encountered a closed attraction or something like that. 
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Alexz

Quote from: BoristheSpider on September 19, 2013, 05:29:22 PM
Wow, that does sound like bad luck! Did you manage to do the closed attractions at a different time during your trip? x
Sadly no. We went to the studios on saturday and tuesday only. We never got to go on Crush's Coaster or Tram Tour...

Also in the Disneyland park a couple of attractions were closed too. Space Mountain 2 on and off on tuesday and Pirates of the Caribbean on saturday. Gladly we got to ride PotC on the tuesday and SM2 on the saturday ;)

But even though so many things were closed we had a good time anyway and would certainly go back!
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

PrincessA

Wow, out of all the times I've been to the studios I honestly can't remember attractions being closed. What bad luck you had!
I do know that they are supposed to be doing a bunch of renovations this month before the Christmas and Halloween seasons.

Ravenseye

We were in Frontierland on Monday afternoon, can't recall the exact time, and there was a loud announcement that Big Thunder Mountain was being evacuated due to a fault. We watched from the Riverboat landing as guests were lead off the carriages and down a side path etc... The fire service turned up but we never found out what the problem was.
Also, we were at the studios on Tuesday at rope drop as we wanted to be the first in the queue for Crush's Coaster BUT it was closed due to a technical fault, CM's said it would be closed all morning. This was at 09:45. Very, very disappointing and we didn't try to ride it after that.  :(
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Ravenseye

I've just been reminded that Rock n RollerCoaster was also closed due to a tech fault on Tuesday morning. I had gone to the shop to pick up my photos and my son pointed out that they were announcing there was an issue etc...and yes, when we went outside the CM's were turning people away.
My son said "Right Mum, is there anything we want to ride today that's actually open?!" Not great.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...