Where to begin?

Started by daddyof2, September 07, 2013, 11:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

OK, I'm possibly asking something that's already answered elsewhere so feel free to point me in that direction. We're visiting DLP next year and I want my children to be able to have lanyards when we arrive and be able to do pin trading. I've seen the starter kits on the Disney Store website, but are these the best thing to get? I know it might sound silly but I'm assuming lanyards at DLP are more expensive than those that can be bought ahead of time. However, the starter kits seem a little bit boring. Any advice?

PrincessA

I love pin trading! I've never seen a starter kit, but I I simply bought a Disney lanyard and a couple of small pins and started from there! For example, I love big thunder mountain, so I made sure to get a pin of it, and got a few pins every trip. Good luck :-)

SwipatronSparks

You could get a lanyard and pins from ebay they have a great selection simply put in a search for disney pin trading lanyard, then put in a search for disney pin trading grab bags they come in all different sizes (bags come from as few as 5 pins to bags with hundreds of pins inside) just make sure its in the description that there are no 'scrapper' pins in them as they cant be traded, and if you are unsure ask around the forum if the seller is safe to by from, you can even get starter kits from ebay too some that come from dlp and others that come from the american parks but all pins are tradebale at all parks :)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

daddyof2

Thanks for the advice so far - I think I might wait for the 2014 lanyards

Samninetysix

The starter pack lanyards are for sale pretty much everywhere in DLRP, usually a set of 4 pins with "doubles" so you can trade 1 and keep 1. There are tons of different ones available, I personally would wait until you get there then choose.