Booked a holiday to disney and now found out i am pregnant !

Started by lovindisney87, August 26, 2013, 02:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovindisney87

Hi,
I booked a holiday to Disneyland Paris for me, my husband and 2 girls who will be 9 and 5 when we go. I have just found out i am pregnant again, only early at the moment, but by the time we go  in January 2014 i will be about 28 weeks pregnant (all going well [-o< ). It was booked well in advance due to offers and my husband will turn 30 whilst we are there so there was good reasons for it, so really dont want to have to cancel if i dont need to as will be a while after this one arrives before we go again. But i am worried about getting travel insurance and traveling, Also unsure as to what the experience is going to be like being pregnant, we have been twice before but not whilst pregnant. Does anyone have any past experience of this or advice?? Anything would be much appreciated.

Lovindisney  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch:
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Zee79

Hi,
I travelled to Spain on a coach whilst pregnant (30hours trip) and despite my sickness I was ok. My sister-in-law travelled to DLP whilst pregnant with twins but we went by car. She was fine however DLP did not allow her on any rides. If you are flying then you would need a doctors note to say you are fit to fly but still airlines don't like pregnant women to fly once they are 28 weeks.  My advice would be to contact insurance etc.. to find out where you stand on the issue.

lovindisney87

Thanks very much for reply, we are traveling by eurostar, so luckily i don't have to worry about the flying. I am not expecting to go on too many rides but hopefully be a few bits i can do. Will have to contact insurers to check about insurance.
Many Thanks
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁

jeakat24

Quote from: "lovindisney87"Hi,
I booked a holiday to Disneyland Paris for me, my husband and 2 girls who will be 9 and 5 when we go. I have just found out i am pregnant again, only early at the moment, but by the time we go  in January 2014 i will be about 28 weeks pregnant (all going well [-o< ). It was booked well in advance due to offers and my husband will turn 30 whilst we are there so there was good reasons for it, so really dont want to have to cancel if i dont need to as will be a while after this one arrives before we go again. But i am worried about getting travel insurance and traveling, Also unsure as to what the experience is going to be like being pregnant, we have been twice before but not whilst pregnant. Does anyone have any past experience of this or advice?? Anything would be much appreciated.

I could have written your post! Congratulations.  :D  We booked back in March for a trip at the end of sept/beginning of Oct and found out the next month that I'm pregnant  :D  We decided to still go ahead with the trip because we were already planning on taking it slow because we have young daughter (she'll be nearly 20 months when we go) so for us it just means less rides I can go on. I'll be 27 weeks when we go so about the same way along as you.

Travel insurance wise- I checked at the post office and they cover up to six months of pregnancy, so around 25/26 weeks. They can cover over that but you have to phone up and I believe it's at their discretion whether they accept or not and you may have to pay for additional cover. Checked with Santander travel insurance and you're automatically covered until 28 weeks of pregnancy and between 28-35 weeks you'll need a letter from your midwife stating that you're fit to travel. I assume other places might offer similar but we're happy with what Santander cover so we're going with them.

I think you can still have a great time, things just might need to be taken at a slightly slower pace but there's still tons to see and enjoy. Congratulations once again, and I hope you have a lovely time!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

nathalie

I believe that Peter Pan is a big no-no when you are that far ahead pregnant, if you have quite a tummy by then, the bars can be very tight (I'm not really a "big" girl, but I do have a tummy, lol, and didn't feel very comfortable for me, but that's just my opinion).
Also Pinocchio & Snow White have quite tight bars.

I can't find it right now but there is a PDF file online where you can see which rides you can or cannot do.
You also should be able to get this green info booklet at City Hall which is the same as the PDF file.

never2old

Congratulations!!!

I went when I was about 5 months pregnant, and I had a great time! The only bad thing we had was the weather, it was pretty much non stop rain for the 3 days we were there (and I had been planning to take lots of pictures while everyone else went on the rides....)

The hard truth is, there are very few rides Disney recommends you do... Forget about Peter Pan and the other dark rides or Pirates of the Caribbean, for example... The good news is, on the few rides you are allowed on, you don't need to queue!

When you get to DLP go first thing to City Hall (preferably with a medical certificate to say you are pregnant), and they will give you a little paper with the list of rides you are allowed in (really useful if you want to be extra careful and don't take any chances!), plus they'll explain how to use your pass to avoid any queues! I remember for instance in IASW we could just enter by the exit (it's the same in most rides), and there they even had a little bench I could sit in and wait for my turn!

You will also have access to the reserved areas for the parade and Dreams (but not many people can come with you, I think only 1 person can accompany you)

When you're there, take it easy, have lots of breaks, and just enjoy it!!

never2old

I found the list of rides you can do (from the DCP website)

Disneyland Park

> Main Street
Disneyland Railroad
Main Street Vehicles and Horse-Drawn Streetcars

> Frontierland
Legends of the Wild West
Phantom Manor
Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing

> Adventureland
La Cabane des Robinsons
Adventure Isle

> Fantasyland
Le Carrousel de Lancelot
Meet Mickey Mouse
Alice's Curious Labyrinth
Le Pays des Contes de Fées
It's a small world
Princesses Pavilion
Sleeping Beauty Castle

> Discoveryland
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
Les Mystères du Nautilus

WDS

> Production Courtyard
Cinémagique
Playhouse Disney Live
Stitch Live
Studio Tram Tours

> Backlot
Moteurs ... Action ! Stunt Show Spectacular

> Toon Studio
Animagique
Art of Disney Animation

nathalie

Yeah, if you get the orange EAC (which I do think you get when being pregnant) you only get to take 1 extra person with you to the exit.

lovindisney87

Quote from: "jeakat24"
Quote from: "lovindisney87"Hi,

I could have written your post! Congratulations.  :D  We booked back in March for a trip at the end of sept/beginning of Oct and found out the next month that I'm pregnant  :D  We decided to still go ahead with the trip because we were already planning on taking it slow because we have young daughter (she'll be nearly 20 months when we go) so for us it just means less rides I can go on. I'll be 27 weeks when we go so about the same way along as you.

Travel insurance wise- I checked at the post office and they cover up to six months of pregnancy, so around 25/26 weeks. They can cover over that but you have to phone up and I believe it's at their discretion whether they accept or not and you may have to pay for additional cover. Checked with Santander travel insurance and you're automatically covered until 28 weeks of pregnancy and between 28-35 weeks you'll need a letter from your midwife stating that you're fit to travel. I assume other places might offer similar but we're happy with what Santander cover so we're going with them.

I think you can still have a great time, things just might need to be taken at a slightly slower pace but there's still tons to see and enjoy. Congratulations once again, and I hope you have a lovely time!

Wow that is amazing, congratulations to you too  :D Will look into the Santander cover, thank you very much for your reply and please let me know how you get on, so i can see what my trip could be like. Hope you have an amazing time.  :D  :D
[size=150]Disney trips

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁

lovindisney87

Quote from: "nathalie"I believe that Peter Pan is a big no-no when you are that far ahead pregnant, if you have quite a tummy by then, the bars can be very tight (I'm not really a "big" girl, but I do have a tummy, lol, and didn't feel very comfortable for me, but that's just my opinion).
Also Pinocchio & Snow White have quite tight bars.

I can't find it right now but there is a PDF file online where you can see which rides you can or cannot do.
You also should be able to get this green info booklet at City Hall which is the same as the PDF file.

Thank you very much for both your posts. I remember when i have been before they come down pretty low without being pregnant as well  :lol: I am hoping that when we go it wont be too busy as my husband will have to queue with both our girls. Luckily I remember their was plenty of places to sit so i should be fine.
Thanks again  :D
[size=150]Disney trips

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁

lovindisney87

Quote from: "never2old"Congratulations!!!

I went when I was about 5 months pregnant, and I had a great time! The only bad thing we had was the weather, it was pretty much non stop rain for the 3 days we were there (and I had been planning to take lots of pictures while everyone else went on the rides....)

The hard truth is, there are very few rides Disney recommends you do... Forget about Peter Pan and the other dark rides or Pirates of the Caribbean, for example... The good news is, on the few rides you are allowed on, you don't need to queue!

When you get to DLP go first thing to City Hall (preferably with a medical certificate to say you are pregnant), and they will give you a little paper with the list of rides you are allowed in (really useful if you want to be extra careful and don't take any chances!), plus they'll explain how to use your pass to avoid any queues! I remember for instance in IASW we could just enter by the exit (it's the same in most rides), and there they even had a little bench I could sit in and wait for my turn!

You will also have access to the reserved areas for the parade and Dreams (but not many people can come with you, I think only 1 person can accompany you)

When you're there, take it easy, have lots of breaks, and just enjoy it!!

Thanks for your post and the post of the list of rides recommended, when i found out i did think i wouldnt be able to go on many but with the two older girls and like i said the reasons for booking seems silly to cancel. I doubt i would use the pass as their are four of us going but a good idea if it does become to much. The good thing is as we have already been before i have done all the rides many times. I can just enjoy watching the girls having fun, just got to keep up with them  :lol:
Thanks again
[size=150]Disney trips

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁

CinderellaSparkle

Can't really advise you with anything as i've not been to Disneyland while pregnant but... Just wanted to say congrats :) I hope you and your bump have a lovely time!

never2old

Regarding the pass, when we went (in November 2010) we were there with my sister in law and her family (so 4 of them and 2 of us), and we could go together into most rides without queuing. It was only for the parade (and now for Dreams I guess) that I could only have 1 person with me.

In any case, even if you don't plan on using it, make sure you go and get it. It can come in useful!!

nathalie

Could be you got a green card, never2old?

I have already been 3 times this year, have a Dream AP, and still have to go and get the card each time, because my "illness" isn't for life, so I get the orange one + 1 extra person.
The green one should be for people with a permanent illness / wheelchair? (and you can take up to 4-5 people)

lovindisney87

Quote from: "CinderellaSparkle"Can't really advise you with anything as i've not been to Disneyland while pregnant but... Just wanted to say congrats :) I hope you and your bump have a lovely time!

Thank you very much. I am sure we will no matter what :D
[size=150]Disney trips

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁