Free drinks from DLRP

Started by captain rocket, August 10, 2013, 10:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

I have often enjoyed a free drink in the late afternoon courtesy of a voucher given with my lunchtime meal.
On my last visit it struck me that there are two of us and we buy the meal together and get a voucher for one free drink so this time we paid individually and got one voucher each!
So, if you want a free drink on Disney then pay individually and get one free drink per person. Not earth shattering, but anything free from Disney has to be a good thing!

Ravenseye

I have yet to experience this. What do you need to do to get the voucher? Is it a limited offer?
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

nathalie

It's not limited.
You just buy a soft drink in a bottle, or something to eat, and you get the free voucher.

captain rocket

I don't know about buying a drink for the voucher, mine have come when I have bought a counter service meal for lunch, on the last ocassions at Hakuna Matata and Toad Hall. The voucher is given to you with your receipt and has a list of restaurants etc were you can redeem it for a small hot drink or 50cl fountain soda drink, it does not entitle you to a bottle drink. there is a time window printed on the voucher something like 16.00 to 20.00 I think

nathalie

As said "or something to eat"  :)

And yes, you don't get a bottle, you get a cup.

Also, if you use the voucher and you have an AP, ask for the drink seperate.
I didn't last time, as I didn't knew, but when you order it all together, they can't give you your AP discount anymore.
So she had to cancel my order, and made my order seperate 1) the food including AP discount, 2) the free drink

littlebitofpixiedust

This is brilliant especially if it's cold when you go nice hot chocolate to warm you up :) I however did think it was limited to a cup of hot drink but next visit I'll get a coke!

jj554

This is a great tip - so simple and yet so helpful. I'm annoyed that I hadn't figured it out sooner really!

Will be perfect when it comes to waiting for Dreams in November :)

Thanks!
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

Ravenseye

Quote from: "jj554"This is a great tip - so simple and yet so helpful. I'm annoyed that I hadn't figured it out sooner really!

Will be perfect when it comes to waiting for Dreams in November :)

Thanks!

Did I miss something? I thought Dreams finished on Sept 30th? I'd be thrilled to hear it doesn't[/b] :D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

jj554

Quote from: "Ravenseye"Did I miss something? I thought Dreams finished on Sept 30th? I'd be thrilled to hear it doesn't[/b] :D

Dreams is showing every night until September 2014!

I hope this has thrilled you! I know I was overjoyed when i heard the news!
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

Kristof

The 20th Anniversary Extended is ending in September, but not Disney Dreams. It's actually planned to run much longer beyond 2014!

orangarnold

I'm glad you can now get cold drinks too as last time I went I thought the coffee tasted very odd.