When should we go? Choice between two dates

Started by waddle_thepenguin, July 17, 2013, 04:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waddle_thepenguin

As previously mentioned the Hubby and I are quite keen to get back to DLRP this year after such a fab time last year, the only question (other than being able to afford it) is when we go. I've done some researching on the net and it's a choice between:

28th of September to the 5th of October

or the

5th of October to the 12th of October.

Do we go in that first choice and catch the last performance of Dreams (we did see it last year, but not with the new sequences), or do we wait a week longer and go for the first week of Halloween fun in October?

I suspect that first week the few days after the 30th might be a bit of an oddity because it'll be gearing up for Halloween, which we'd miss as we'd leave the morning of the 5th. Or do we go for the first week of Halloween but risk not getting to see Dreams again?

Choices, choices?

What would you do?

Helen
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day."

Aug 2012 - Explorer's Hotel
Oct 2017 - New York Hotel

never2old

We went last year just before Halloween and I regretted it, they were putting up all the decorations (every morning there were some new ones!), and it really made me wish I had booked a few days later to enjoy Halloween.

I'd be very surprised if they don't have Dreams at all after September; it may not be daily but at least they should have it on weekends.

In fact I'm very much hoping they do, because we'll be coming on the 12th!! ;)

waddle_thepenguin

Hmm, so I should probably risk it and wait that extra week then. The difference in price is only about £6 I believe. We'll be staying off property as well due to being on a budget.

Aww if you're arriving on the 12th we'll probably cross paths at the airport, me leaving you arriving.

Just need pay day next week to arrive so I can figure out if we can do this or not.

SParky

dreams is continuing daily into next year, just to throw the mix into the air completely again
Santa Fe - November 2013

waddle_thepenguin

Oh is it? It's just the other 20th anniversary bits and pieces that's stopping I guess?

Hmmm, then yes I think if we can we'll try and go from the 5th then.

What's the weather like over there in October?

amanda08

This is a press release about Halloweeen this year
For the first time, Huey, Dewey and Louie invest Disneyland to celebrate Halloween for a month. From 5 October 2013, they will appear in a new parade the colors of autumn with other surprise guests ... like their uncle Scrooge.

To celebrate the fall, Disneyland Paris (strated) go into Halloween mode. Pumpkins invade the aisles and ghosts take possession of Main Street, USA Mickey and his friends reveal a parade of music unique to mark the arrival of Scrooge, his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie but Clarabelle. Inspired by the theme of the harvest, it will scroll several times a day.

To refuel souvenir photos, Minnie greet his fans in his new studio sewing Halloween mode. Dingo, will pose next to an invention of a different kind: an extravagant candy machine. Disney Villains will return and take the opportunity to impress visitors in their court "bad guys" behind the Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant. The hero of the film Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Jack, will settle on them in a cemetery created specifically for Halloween, near Phantom Manor attraction.

At nightfall, the Disney Dreams ® show! will honor the Disney Villains through its projections on the architecture of the Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant. Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog), the evil Ursula (The Little Mermaid) or the treacherous Captain Hook (Peter Pan) will arm ingenuity to surprise visitors. Presented each evening in the Disney Dreams ® Disneyland Park! is the show not to be missed.

To top it all, the now famous Disney Halloween Party will be held October 31, 2013 in the Disneyland Park. A unique experience with family and friends from 20:30 to 1am.

waddle_thepenguin

Thanks for the help guys, unfortunately my work has completely dashed my hopes for going this year, by building my hopes up about something and then pulling the rug away.

Gutted.

But I shall take your advice on board for any possible future trips.

Come on lottery win!

Helen