Hipark Serris Val d'Europe

Started by waddle_thepenguin, June 26, 2013, 11:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waddle_thepenguin

Has anyone stayed at the Hipark Serris-Val d'Europe?

What's it like? The prices are so reasonable and the fact its only a 15/20min walk from the Disney Village is really appealing.

However sleeping on a sofa bed for a week is less appealing.

Can anyone provide some feedback on the place as we're thinking of booking there.

Thanks all

Helen
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day."

Aug 2012 - Explorer's Hotel
Oct 2017 - New York Hotel

waddle_thepenguin

Noone?

Shame, I was hoping to hear back from people who had.

PrincessEnya

I've stayed there and enjoyed it so much I'm going back in three weeks! The sofa bed is incredibly comfortable,  you don't need to worry about that. Only thing is that you're sleeping across from the smaal kitchen. Other than that I highly recommend having breakfast in the hotel, it's delicious and very diverse. Also, the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to the parks. :)
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

waddle_thepenguin

Oh cool. We're hoping to be able to afford a trip to DLRP in September and we're thinking of staying there.

I love your signature by the way, I love Flynn! :D

norhel

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just wondering if anyone has stayed here recently? And if so, how did you get to DLP and to Charles de Gulle airport? And what was your thoughts about the hotel?
I might be considering to stay there sometime in the future.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

norhel

And what is your thoughts on the best way to get to the hotel from CDG?

rocker

Quote from: norhel on July 28, 2016, 01:06:43 PM
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just wondering if anyone has stayed here recently? And if so, how did you get to DLP and to Charles de Gulle airport? And what was your thoughts about the hotel?

Good choice  :)  I've stayed there twice & will be staying a 3rd time in September.  Very boring & businessy but clean rooms & hotel and it is the closest hotel in Val d'Europe to the parks.  Yes the sofa bed isn't the best but it's OK.  I'm going with my daughter so I'm bringing in an airbed for her so I get the sofabed to myself.  Also, worth asking whether they have any upgraded rooms available when you check in.  I upgraded on check in to a bigger room with two "real" single beds for about Euro30 or 40 /night last time.

Getting to DLP from the hotel you can do the 15 minute walk, or the courtesy bus.  2-3 busses an hour early & late in the day but much less frequent in the middle of the day.  If you email the hotel they can send you times (or you can DM me your email address I have a copy from Feb last year I can send you - just can't work out how to attach it here).

Used these guys to go from CDG to Hipark.  Nice car & driver spoke English.  Would use again.
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-charles-de-gaulle/taxi/paris-cdg-taxi

norhel

Quote from: rocker on July 28, 2016, 06:00:38 PM

Good choice  :)  I've stayed there twice & will be staying a 3rd time in September.  Very boring & businessy but clean rooms & hotel and it is the closest hotel in Val d'Europe to the parks.  Yes the sofa bed isn't the best but it's OK.  I'm going with my daughter so I'm bringing in an airbed for her so I get the sofabed to myself.  Also, worth asking whether they have any upgraded rooms available when you check in.  I upgraded on check in to a bigger room with two "real" single beds for about Euro30 or 40 /night last time.

Getting to DLP from the hotel you can do the 15 minute walk, or the courtesy bus.  2-3 busses an hour early & late in the day but much less frequent in the middle of the day.  If you email the hotel they can send you times (or you can DM me your email address I have a copy from Feb last year I can send you - just can't work out how to attach it here).

Used these guys to go from CDG to Hipark.  Nice car & driver spoke English.  Would use again.
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-charles-de-gaulle/taxi/paris-cdg-taxi

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm might consider to visit DLP next year so I'm looking around for different hotels. Too bad the official DLP hotels are so expensive. But this hotel looks like it has a fairly reasonable price.

A&S&O

We've looked at the Hipark because people constantly say how good it is, but its always much more expensive that the Adagio apartments, particularly if your staying for 4 or 10 nights (price break).

We've got 10 nights in a one bedroom self catering apartment there this August, cost around £650 and have just booked again for next year.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

twentythingamabobs

We have stayed there about 10 times, it's great. Plenty of space and everything you need in the kitchen. The only issue we have had is the loo is off the living room and the bathroom is off the bedroom which causes a bit of irritation in the morning so we are trying the adagio for Halloween.

We normally get the bus to DLP and walk home as the crowds to get on the bus from the park after Dreams are downright scary! Here are the times from our visit at Christmas:

Departs HiPark:

08:50,09:06,09:23,09:30,09:46,09:54,09:57,10:03,10:08,10:36,10:56,11:06,11:20,11:41,12:34,13:33,14:33,15:33,16:33,17:33,18:50,19:23,20:18,21:48

Departs Disneyland:

09:00,09:15,10:15,11:20,12:16,15:00,16:00,17:00,18:00,18:30,18:50,19:10,19:33,19:55,20:30,21:00,21:287,22:00,22:30,23:00,23:30

We normally get the TGV from the airport, shove our luggage in storage then get the bus to Hi Park in the afternoon when the queue aren't as manic

norhel

Thanks for the comments everyone :)
Appreciate it. When my trip to DLP is gonna be sometime in the future, Hipark is definitively something to consider.
As it looks now, it's gonna be Hipark or B&B Hotel at DLP. But neither hotel, or dates are set yet. It probably won't happen until next year. Just for fun, I did compare Hipark and Santa Fe, and it was a huge price difference in Hipark's favor.

polar vixen

don't forget your park tickets!

norhel

Quote from: polar vixen on July 30, 2016, 05:54:16 PM
don't forget your park tickets!

Yeah I know :)
I also did factor those in the price, and even then the price difference is huge.
On the tickets, my plan is to possibly use my shareholders discount on those.
Not sure if it's better to do the offer DLP has on their website like 3 for 2 days, 4 for 3 days etc if they still have those when we go.

But anyway, since I haven't booked anything yet, dreaming is always allowed  :D

rocker

I know you're flying, but when I booked my Eurostar there was an Expedia click through after the booking & I got my room at HiPark for £40/night inc breakfast  :D :D :D  ... I tried via the standard expedia site & trivago & it was a genuine discount against best prices I could find elsewhere.  So if you get offered a click through after booking travel with whatever web site, worth a look & comparing to prices offered on something like Trivago.  Either that, or find someone who has recently, or will be booking Eurostar (via their own web site) and use their offer (there is a link active for 21 days from booking on the confirmation email) to see what price you can get  :D

norhel

Quote from: rocker on July 30, 2016, 07:09:46 PM
I know you're flying, but when I booked my Eurostar there was an Expedia click through after the booking & I got my room at HiPark for £40/night inc breakfast  :D :D :D  ... I tried via the standard expedia site & trivago & it was a genuine discount against best prices I could find elsewhere.  So if you get offered a click through after booking travel with whatever web site, worth a look & comparing to prices offered on something like Trivago.  Either that, or find someone who has recently, or will be booking Eurostar (via their own web site) and use their offer (there is a link active for 21 days from booking on the confirmation email) to see what price you can get  :D

Thanks for the tip :)