TRIP REPORT - Hotel Cheyenne, 10th-14th June *COMPLETE!*

Started by ilovedisneylandparis, June 16, 2013, 01:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Loved reading your report :) and sadly I have to agree with some points especially the Peter pans flight grafetti it's ghastly! Makes me so mad that anyone would do this at Disney...? It ruins it for everyone! Sadly your always going to have some people go there and act with total disrespect for the place and other people.

We're going to go to the rainforest cafe on our next visit in September it's really nice in there we also went to inventions last time as we stayed in the hotel but even though next time were at sequioa were still going to book!
Stayed at the cheyenne many, many times but on our last visit it was a little run down and tired. I'm hoping they our going to refurb it soon as they have the Santa fe and the sequioa. I just love the theming of the Cheyenne :D

littlebitofpixiedust

Loved reading your report :) and sadly I have to agree with some points especially the Peter pans flight grafetti it's ghastly! Makes me so mad that anyone would do this at Disney...? It ruins it for everyone! Sadly your always going to have some people go there and act with total disrespect for the place and other people.

We're going to go to the rainforest cafe on our next visit in September it's really nice in there we also went to inventions last time as we stayed in the hotel but even though next time were at sequioa were still going to book!
Stayed at the cheyenne many, many times but on our last visit it was a little run down and tired. I'm hoping they our going to refurb it soon as they have the Santa fe and the sequioa. I just love the theming of the Cheyenne :D

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"Loved reading your report :) and sadly I have to agree with some points especially the Peter pans flight grafetti it's ghastly! Makes me so mad that anyone would do this at Disney...? It ruins it for everyone! Sadly your always going to have some people go there and act with total disrespect for the place and other people.

Thanks so much! :D I totally know what you mean, I never understand why people would want to do that to such a special place :(

Our hotel room was next to another room that was apparently undergoing a refurb - I'm not sure if that means they are refurbing all the rooms or not, but definitely a good sign I think! I hope it's all done soon so you can go back, I love the theming so much at the Cheyenne too! :')

Quote from: "Macchiato"Nice report! We stayed at the Cheyenne a week before you.  :) I think we even sat at the exact same table in the Rainforest Cafe as you.

Gosh, I hate the graffiti in the Peter Pan queue. It definitely get's cleaned though. Between September 2011 and August 2013 I went to DLP 4 times and I could swear it was different etchings and stuff every time. One time there was even no vandalism at all.  :thumbs:

I swear if I ever see someone actually doing it while standing in the queue I'll go all Queen of Hearts on them (even though I'm a guy.)

Thank you :D And no way! Definitely a popular table haha, everyone seems to be put next to the elephant :')

It's been so interesting reading everyone's comments today about the cleaning - like Shannon said, it's so good to know it does actually get cleaned off! I feel bad for DLP if they are always having to clean it off but it just comes back :( Sadly I think it's one of those things where maybe if there wasn't any there, no-one would consider doing it, but when it's already covered people just add their own? Although like we've all said...why would anyone want to do that?! :( Haha, I would definitely be the same! I get very protective of DLP and would go CRAZY if I saw anyone actually do it!

Quote from: "never2old"I am LOVING your TR!!! Lovely pictures and above all, a great read! I know just how you feel, lots of emotions when we go to DLP!!  :D

The graffiti in the Peter Pan queue is terrible. I have seen them cleaning it though, and it always comes back :( I remember one year we went in October and it had just been cleaned, when we went back a month later it was all covered in graffiti again  :(  It was very upsetting, why can't people show a bit of respect?!?

Looking forward to more :)

Thanks so much n2o! :D Definitely, it's such an emotional place isn't it, certain things I see/hear/smell when I'm there give me shivers :')

Oh wow, that's so interesting to know that it has been cleaned! What a shame that it always comes back :( I know exactly what you mean, I wish people would show a bit more respect to the resort!

Quote from: "Shannon"
Quote from: "never2old"The graffiti in the Peter Pan queue is terrible. I have seen them cleaning it though, and it always comes back :( I remember one year we went in October and it had just been cleaned, when we went back a month later it was all covered in graffiti again  :(  It was very upsetting, why can't people show a bit of respect?!?

It's good to hear that they do actually clean it - I wasn't sure if they just left it as it's been there each time I've visited :( it is so frustrating to see it in that state!

I am so glad to know they do clean it! :') I thought the exact same, I just thought it was something they'd given up on, it's good to know they at least try to keep it looking clean :)

ilovedisneylandparis

Onto Day 3!

(Before I start, I just want to say sorry for any photos that come up as 'Image' instead of an actual photo - Photobucket keeps doing it for some reason, but if I just wait a few hours they are fine?!)

We had a nice early morning on Wednesday - a 7.45am breakfast! For some reason we both couldn't sleep at all (we got too hot with the window shut but with it open we got woken up by people going past and just slept really lightly - not sure why because we've slept really well on other occasions!) so we woke up feeling exhausted and not as rested as we'd have wanted for our day in the parks. But still, when you're somewhere as magical as DLP, the second you're actually up and about, you get the energy from somewhere :D

I have a feeling we did Star Tours first thing, but as we didn't take any photos I can't remember exactly, whoops! I am 80% sure that we did Buzz and Star Tours, though!

After that, we walked over to the Galerie in the Chateau, which is one of our favourite places in the park. On the way over we had a look in some of the shops and popped back again after. I really love these two stores, and the dragon of course! Sleeping Beauty is a really special film to me and I adore the soundtrack, so hearing songs like A Cottage In The Woods and Magical House Cleaning made me so happy!

There didn't seem to be a huge amount of Christmas decorations this year - lots of glittery and feathery ones but no 'classic' sort of ones like Mickey and Minnie, so in the end I didn't buy anything, but Russ got me some lovely Mickey and the gang baubles for Christmas last year so I'm excited to use those this Christmas :')

I love the dragon! I especially love that we are the only Disney park to have one, it makes me very proud. There are always children looking at the dragon a little anxiously as if they're not sure whether he's real or not, and obviously I'd never want children to be frightened but I do think that there's something very special and exciting about the possibility that he could be, and I think that means they did an amazing job with the animatronics :')

We came out and had a little look around Fantasyland:

After that I'm fairly sure we had another go on IASW, another of our favourites :') It was never more than a 5-minute wait while we were there which meant we were on it all the time! The clock ticking noise that plays outside is one of my favourite noises in the whole world  :oops:

We had planned to go to Plaza Gardens for lunch but as it was only 12.30ish we decided to head over to the Studios and explore there. We're not huge on the Studios so never spend a lot of time there but they're still fun to visit and I think the shops are lovely! After an hour or so in the Studios, we worked our way over to Plaza Gardens and asked for a table for 2.

We really liked it here :) It's expensive and the food isn't amaaaaazing in the same way as Walt's or somewhere, but it was very nice and for the amount you're getting it's definitely worth the money, especially if you're looking for somewhere to fill up! I would definitely recommend it, but I'd suggest making sure you go when you are REALLY hungry, so you can make the most of all the food ;)

Hidden Mickey in Plaza Gardens! ;) I was on the lookout for these all holiday, I wish I'd taken more photos of them! I love the one made of the barrels in POTC.

Where else in the world would you see such beautiful signs for a toilet?! :') After Plaza Gardens we were feeling very full and sluggish so we walked to Discovery Arcade for a rest:

Hi again Mickey :D

I really do love the arcades. I think they often get overlooked, because people take the Main Street route, or just use the arcades as a way to get somewhere quicker or as a shelter from the rain, but I think they are both so beautiful! They just always look so classy and perfect, and I also think they smell really nice! Not sure if that's just me haha  :lol:

Time for another trip on IASW and then POTC...

I really didn't take many photos of Adventureland this year which I regret! We spent a lot of time exploring but not much time photographing, maybe because we took so many last year? I'm not sure, but I'll definitely take more next time :)

We walked back over to Main Street and heard the familiar "Maaaagiiic....maaaaaaagiiiic!". EEK :D No matter how many times this played per day I could never get bored of it, we always found ourselves running over to see the train!

Mickey spotted my Mickey tee and pointed at it, then did this! How cute :D That was one of my favourite parts of the holiday, I always feel so included by the characters. I often expect them to ignore me because I'm not with children but they are so lovely and always wave or point which makes my day. The first day we were there this year, we saw the train go past and Minnie waved at me and I burst into tears, haha :')

At this point I started to feel really unwell with stomach pains and cramps :( We went back to the hotel room for a bit, got showered and watched a bit of Disney Channel and Top 10 Things To Know Before You Go (you can't stay in a Disney hotel and not watch that, Sophie from the English-speaking version is a vital part of our holiday, haha!). I have got to admit that I really enjoyed watching the Disney Channel shows when we were at DLP. I know everyone says they're terrible and not a patch on the old Disney Channel shows, which is probably true, but if you're like me and don't have Disney Channel at home, it's nice to make the most of it while you can :') By the time we came home, we were well versed in Jessie, Good Luck Charlie and Austin & Ally, haha ;)

We headed back out later for the parade! I was still feeling rough and couldn't work out why :( Sadly this continued right through til Sunday (two days after we got home!) - we're still not sure what caused it but seeing as it started after Plaza Gardens, I would guess I ate something cold that had got hot, or something hot that had got cold or been left out for too long. Then I suppose because you're eating constant junk food on top of a poorly stomach, it doesn't really have chance to get better! :(

(Sorry about the quality of these - we both took them on our phones, and the zooms don't work too well!)

We both loved the parade again. I think like Dreams!, the train, and the meet 'n' greets, the parade has so much Disney magic in it that no-one could fail to enjoy it :')

After this it was about 7.30ish I think, so we decided it was time to grab some food. I really wasn't feeling hungry thanks to my stomach but decided it was silly to eat nothing at all, so I had a plain salad and some fruit from the Market House Deli and Russ had the Croque Monsieur. After Plaza Gardens he wasn't too hungry either so it worked out quite well, and it was lovely and quiet at the Deli so we had a great time :)

We decided to go back to the hotel room and try and get an early night after our bad night's sleep on Tuesday, and to try and help my tummy. We always take card games with us when we go to DLP (Disney-themed, of course ;) ) which makes us both laugh cos I don't think we would ever play cards with anyone else but put us together and we are card/board game enthusiasts, haha ;) So we had a quick game of Toy Story cards and then played a new Happy Families game we'd bought in the Hotel Cheyenne store, which has become our new favourite! A bit more Disney Channel and we were ready for bed  :)

never2old

Sorry to hear about your stomach aches, it's terrible feeling ill when you're in Disneyland :(

Another great read with excellent pictures, I particularly like all the little details!!

I think my favourite bit of visiting the Castle is listening to the beautiful music!! (in fact when I listen to the film's soundtrack, I always picture the Castle, not the film!!) Oh, and I love the tick tock tick tock outside IASW!! :D

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "never2old"Sorry to hear about your stomach aches, it's terrible feeling ill when you're in Disneyland :(

Another great read with excellent pictures, I particularly like all the little details!!

I think my favourite bit of visiting the Castle is listening to the beautiful music!! (in fact when I listen to the film's soundtrack, I always picture the Castle, not the film!!) Oh, and I love the tick tock tick tock outside IASW!! :D

It is :( I hardly ever get ill which is very lucky I suppose, but then to get ill in Disneyland of all places was a bit sad!

I completely agree about the castle - I am the same now when I watch Sleeping Beauty! Definitely one of my favourite soundtracks, and even more so thanks to DLP :D Thanks so much for your lovely comments :)

BlackPearl

Thanks for sharing this great report and the beautiful pictures  =D>

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "BlackPearl"Thanks for sharing this great report and the beautiful pictures  =D>

Thanks so much BlackPearl! Glad you're enjoying it :D Will hopefully be able to get Day 4 up tonight or tomorrow AM!

ilovedisneylandparis

Onto Day 4!

It felt very odd but very good waking up on Thursday and knowing we didn't have to leave later on - we have always done Monday to Thursday in the past, but when we saw the extra night's deal when we booked, we decided to go for Monday to Friday :)

An 8am breakfast today, but we were up early and made sure we were there for 7.45am. I always feel a little guilty for turning up to breakfast a bit early or a bit late, but the CMs are always really nice about it and never seem to bat an eyelid, whether you are 30 mins early or an hour late! I guess they are used to working around families who have children to get ready and can't always guarantee to be on time, so I always take the time on the breakfast card as more of a guideline (like Barbossa and his code ;) ).

Before breakfast, here's a quick look at some of the merch I'd bought up til now:

I fell in love with so many pins while we were there! The new attraction-themed ones are so beautiful. Russ loves the dragon so he had the La Taniere du Dragon pin, too :D

Then off to breakfast!

We'd got all ready and were good to go, so as soon as we finished our breakfast we headed over to the Disneyland Park. Eek! We knew we probably wouldn't be able to make much use of the EMH on Friday because of packing and checking out, so we wanted to get lots done in these two hours.

First stop - Peter Pan's Flight! Like I mentioned earlier, the graffiti in the queue area for this ride really made us sad :( But I am glad to know it is cleaned regularly - it's such a shame it keeps being redone! Especially on such a beautiful ride. Russ wasn't too keen on PPF last time, but when we came off this time around he said he'd really enjoyed it, hooray! :') The bit where you fly over London makes me get tears in my eyes every time. It was a bit faster than I remembered but not in a bad way! Russ hasn't seen Peter Pan (or at least not for a long time) so we agreed we will watch it together soon so the ride will make a bit more sense for him :)

Feeling happy from PPF, we ran over to Discoveryland and saw that Buzz was a 5 minute wait! However, when we walked in there wasn't a wait AT ALL and we were seated instantly. Don't you love when that happens? :') Before this trip I would have counted Buzz in my top 5 rides but wouldn't have necessarily classed it as a favourite, but this time it definitely became a favourite of mine. The part at the end where the aliens say "Yes, we will return Zurg to the store...he is a bad toy!" always makes me laugh so much, and I just love the whole ride - the music, the concept...everything! Russ loves it too as he often likes the rides where you can do a bit more and aren't just sitting down (e.g. the teacups) so it was perfect for us. I am so excited to go on Buzz again next year, I don't think I could ever get bored of it!

Time for a look around Constellations:

I can never get enough of this store, either. The lighting and theming are amazing and it's got such a lovely feel to it. Definitely a favourite of mine :D

Over to Fantasyland, where we spotted Pascal and had a little look around.

We paused at IASW for a couple of photos, but decided that the queue is always so short there that it would make more sense to get some slower-loading rides done first and return to IASW later in the day, or at least after we'd got some others done first. So over to the carrousel! It said it was a 5-minute wait and again, we were right on. We chose two horses next to each other which apparently were children's-size rather than the adult ones but they still felt pretty high up to me! What a wimp ;) The music they play on the carrousel is lovely and we did really enjoy it for the experience (I'd not been on since I was 6 and Russ had never been on, I don't think) but it was a little slow and didn't really have enough to it for us to be desperate to go back on. But still - definitely a perfect ride for younger ones, and we were still really glad we'd given it a go :)

Another go on the teacups...

We popped back over to IASW before checking the time and realising it was 9.55am. We decided we'd like to go on Phantom Manor again so headed over to Frontierland ready for the rope drop. It was already very busy there, but when the rope dropped we walked straight in and were some of the first people into Phantom Manor that day!

There were some girls on a school trip (I presume) who were being really silly and kept screaming really loudly in the stretching room, which got on my nerves  :evil: Then when we were actually in the doom buggies, they kept holding their cameras out and taking photos of themselves (with the flash on!) which was just too much, haha. They even used the mirrors at the end to take some more selfies, by which point I was ready to scream ;) We had fun but sadly they definitely ruined the magic for me a little on that particular go. Still no Phantom at the end appearing over the doom buggies - does anyone know why? We've not seen him since our trip in 2011 now, he is sorely missed!

We were glad we'd got so much done in the morning, because it started to rain quite heavily after PM and didn't really stop for most of the day! Obviously this meant big queues for the sheltered rides and we weren't quite sure what to do with ourselves. Russ checked our list (we always make a list of things we'd like to look at/go on/do before DLP) and pointed out that we still hadn't taken our annual Disneyland Hotel tour! So over to the pink hotel we went :D

I dream of one day staying here, I really do. As soon as you walk in it's just so lovely and relaxing :') Having said that, EVERY time we go we end up walking around the corridors searching for something and wind up lost, I would really struggle staying here in that respect because I would have no idea how to find the spa (we've tried three times!) ;)

We popped into Galerie Mickey but it was a lot busier than when we went last year and didn't have much different stuff in terms of merch so we didn't hang around for too long. How are you guys feeling about the merch situation these days? I was pleased to see the Phantom Manor tees in Frontierland and Disney Village, and there were a few plushes that weren't so widely available (e.g. Pumbaa in Adventureland and Disney Village only) but as a general rule I still do find that you could visit one shop and have pretty much seen everything, which is a shame :( I never understand why DLP do that, because surely if you have different things in each store, guests are more likely to visit more stores, and therefore will spend more money?! But maybe that's just me, I'm sure they have their reasons for doing things the way they do! I did find a really nice sweatshirt which was only available in one shop in Frontierland, which was a surprise :')

Don't you think they always have such beautiful window displays in DLP? I swear I spend more time fawning over the visual merchandising than anything else!

We came out of the Disneyland Hotel and it was still raining :( It was about 12.30 by this point so we walked over to Hakuna Matata and had some lunch. We both love it there, those chicken strips and spicy fries are amazing! We sat in the Pumbaa section in a quiet little side room and it was a lot of fun, I love how they play the music from the film in the restaurant. For some reason one of the songs always makes me really sad, you know the one from when Mufasa appears in the clouds?! I don't even know if it's because I know which part of the film it's from or whether it just makes me sad for no real reason? So I kept hoping we'd finish our meal before that one came on, haha  :oops:

We had a quick look around some of the Disney Village shops after lunch, as we'd not spent much time in them apart from WoD, and then after that we headed back to the hotel room as we both had really achey feet and there wasn't much we could do while it was tipping it down with rain. We both had a shower and took a few photos of the room :)

After that we walked back to the parks (the rain had finally stopped!) and returned to Adventureland for Pirates! I really couldn't get enough of POTC this trip, we only went on it once last year because it was closed a few times when we went over to ride it, and I really regretted not spending more time on it, so I wanted to make the most of it while we could!

We went back to Disney Village for some more shopping and then had some food at Annette's (Russ's favourite!) which was yummy as always:

After that, we had a quick look around the Disney Gallery!

It was nice to see all the snowglobes and collectables that had come in since last year. I don't know about you, but I always enjoy seeing new merchandise at DLP, especially when I've not come across it before. I have a love/hate relationship with the Disneyland Paris Twitter pages, because part of me loves to keep up with the latest news on DLP and see which merch is coming into the parks, etc. But part of me really misses the days where you didn't have access to that sort of thing and would only see it when you actually went to DLP! For instance the new 2013 range - it wasn't a surprise for me because I'd already seen it all online. In a way I love the fact that I can stay up to date, but I do miss appreciating the new merchandise in the stores  :oops:

We went back to the hotel room to get some packing done...sigh :( 5 days in DLP and the time still went as fast as ever! We got our packing over and done with fairly quickly, had another look around the Hotel Cheyenne store, and played another game of Happy Families ;) After that, it was time to walk back to the Disneyland Park, for Disney Dreams!

We've always been fairly far back for Dreams!, so I was eager to find a spot at the front and see the show from a different angle.  We made our way to the front and were literally one person back from the rope! I really enjoyed the show again, but having seen it from a distance and from the front now, I would definitely recommend to be at least a few rows back - if you're too close to the front, it's great to see little details you miss from a distance, but you don't quite get the whole experience, a little like sitting on the front row in a cinema!

There was a family in front of us and the dad put the little boy on his shoulders which really infuriated me! His son genuinely had one of THE best views of any child in the park - not one person in front of him - and yet he still did that?! Grr! His mum kept moving over to talk to them, then moving back, then moving over again, then back, so me and Russ did a LOT of moving around too in order to make sure we could see. Still a magical experience, but definitely not so magical this time around, which was such a shame seeing as that may be the last time we ever see Dreams! :( Oh well. Fingers crossed it will continue after September (pleeeease!  [-o< )

After that we walked back to the hotel. I was a little sad on our way out because of what had happened while we were watching Dreams! :( I think that, plus feeling poorly, plus knowing we had to leave tomorrow, had got me down a little. But still! Our flight on Friday wasn't til 8.45pm so we still had almost a full day to make the most of  :D

Shannon

I'm really enjoying your report and I'm looking forwards to the last day! I'd really like to explore the Disneyland Hotel next time as I've only been in the lobby :(
No one can get enough of PoTC - on our last trip it was my sister's first time and she adored it, so we ended up going on it 10 times I think! :) It never gets old!

[size=85]June 2012 - Santa Fe
March 2013 - Cheyenne - (Trip Report)
March/April 2014 - Cheyenne[/size]

never2old

If I remember it rightly, when you're in the first floor of the DLH, coming from the reception side you continue walking past the shop, past the restaurants, keep going and keep going straight, until you get to another lift at the end, then it's one floor down for the pool and spa....

Another great day!! Buzz is one of our top rides, it's usually on the top of our list during EMH because we love being able to go on it a few times without any queuing...

Lovely pictures once more :D

I too am feeling sad that your trip is coming to an end...

ilovedisneylandparis

Onto Day 5...waa :(

We'd done most of our packing the night before to avoid any morning rushes today! Our wake-up call from Mickey ("Have a great day!" I miss that so much) was set for 7.15am and breakfast was at 8am. We decided to head over to breakfast at 8am and pop back to the room after, just so we weren't too worried about being hurried and forgetting something. Plus it's nice to say a proper goodbye to the room and that sort of thing  :oops:

Our final breakfast in the Cheyenne:

I can't tell you how hungry looking at that photo makes me, I would eat this breakfast at any time of day! SO yummy :D

We went back to our hotel block, ready to check out :( But first, some last-minute photos of the room and some last-minute enjoyment of The Top 10 Things To Know Before You Go!

Bye bye room  :cry: This is always a very sad moment for me, as it feels like the beginning of the end of our holiday! We took our suitcase over to the luggage area and dropped it off, before getting the bus to the parks for our last day of magic.

First stop (we'd missed EMH by this point) was Alice's Curious Labyrinth!

We had a lot of fun looking around, and I am a big fan of the animated film so I absolutely loved it in general, but we were sad to see how tired it was all looking. The paint on the little kerbs was all peeling off and a lot of it looked like it could do with a refurb. Hopefully soon!

After that, over to Discoveryland for a final trip on Buzz :D

Like I said before, I really can't get enough of Buzz. SUCH a fun ride, and definitely one of the ones I miss the most since coming home. I have a feeling that after that we dropped over to IASW but I really should've written all this down because sometimes when you get home it does start to blur a little!

Following that, we walked over to Casey Jr, just to see if it was open and what the queue was like, if so. I don't think I have ever been on Casey (unless I just don't remember it?) and the one day it was open last year, the queue was 50 minutes, so we didn't get chance. We walked over this year and saw...5 minutes! EEK :D In the end, it was even less than 5 - we were more or less straight on.

We both really enjoyed it, and loved how his song plays while you're going round. It was also really nice to see everything from Le Pays des Contes de Fees from a different angle, and it made me so happy how when Casey went past people on the boats, we all waved at each other. Brought a tear to my eye  :oops:  I love how cute people are to each other at Disneyland, if I was back home and waved to someone from a train window they would just look at me weirdly, but in DLP it's just completely acceptable and I love it :')

I was still feeling pretty unwell but was desperate for a donut for some reason. You know how before you go to DLP, you spend SO long poring over all the photos of the amazing food and snacks and think "I'm gonna get one of them", "Ooh they look nice, I'll definitely try one of those!" but when you're actually there you're constantly so full you don't quite appreciate the food you're eating? I always regret that when I come home, and I had been obsessing over the Cable Car donuts for quite some time so I knew this was my last chance to try one ;) CCB was shut but the cart outside The Gibson Girl was open so I got a donut and Russ had a cookie :D

Frontierland was our next stop, to buy a sweater I'd seen and loved but had been unsure about because of the price. I decided to get it - I hardly ever buy clothes during the year because I'm so focused on saving for DLP so I thought it was nice to treat myself, and I knew I'd regret it if I didn't get it!

Heading over to Fantasyland, we had one last turn on the teacups and then spent some time exploring all the shops we hadn't been into. After that we walked over to Discoveryland and had some lunch in Hyperion. I still really wasn't feeling well, and after lunch I felt even worse :(

We made our way over to the Studios, as we'd not spent much time there. I'm really not a big WDS fan; I always find that I get such a feeling of magic and wonder when I'm in the Disneyland Park, whereas in WDS I don't feel that at all. That, added to my and Russ's dislike of 'thrill' rides, means we don't have too much reason to visit WDS. However, we will make an exception for some things ;) Like Stitch Live, for example!

We got to Stitch and the wait time was 20 minutes for the next English show. Hooray! We had a little walk around exploring and then had a sit, as Russ's feet were still hurting and my stomach wasn't much better.

Stitch Live is so sweet, it really does make me laugh. As an adult you're sort-of aware of how it's done (although I'm still not 100% sure!) but I think if I'd seen that when I was a kid, I'd have absolutely loved it, and not even tried to work out how it was done because it would've just been real to me. Definite Disney magic :')

Time for some photos of the Disneyland Hotel! It had turned into a really nice day by this point, which was lovely. Although we'd had fairly good weather (only one day of rain), the sky had been incredibly cloudy every day. It wasn't really a problem for us (I'd rather clouds than rain!) but obviously it doesn't make for very nice photos, so we were glad of a blue sky:

Something that had been on my DLP To-Do List for a while was the Descent of the Stairs! So 4pm Friday had been something we were both excited about. We made our way over to the Disneyland Hotel and stood amongst about 30 other people, waiting for the characters to come down the stairs. It started bang on 4pm - Magic Everywhere began playing, and out came Pinocchio! He was soon followed by Tigger, then Goofy and Eeyore, and finally Mickey & Minnie!

I thought the Descent was so sweet. I really liked how it was a mixture of characters and it was such a lovely environment. Plus, because there are so few people there for it, it does make it a lot easier to meet Mickey/Minnie or anyone else who is there. I guess you don't get the guarantee of who will be out that day, but I think that's part of the fun!

Time for some much-needed Disneyland Hotel photos:

After that, we knew it was time to think about getting the bus back over to the Cheyenne to begin the trip home :( We said goodbye to the parks (between my tears) and slowly started to walk out of Fantasia Gardens, past Disney Village and over to the bus stops.

It was such a lovely warm day by now and we still had a bit of time to spare, so we went for one last walk around the Cheyenne.

We collected our suitcase and sat outside the reception waiting for the VEA shuttle to arrive  :cry: It was right on time, so we loaded our luggage on and sat down ready to leave. We always wave at the Cheyenne when we drive off and this time it made me extra sad, I can never believe another year at DLP is over already!

We had a really easy check-in at CDG for the flight home and arrived back at BHX at about 9.10pm, where Russ's dad picked us up :) It felt very odd being back - I always go to say "Bonjour!" to people and then realise I don't need to anymore!

All in all, a magical time at Disneyland Paris :') I definitely had some worries/issues with the resort this time around, which I've told them about in the post-visit questionnaire they sometimes send you. I do think that there are certain things that really let DLP down, e.g. the graffiti in Peter Pan's Flight. I think even though lots of people refer to it as a 'theme park', it's actually a lot more than that, and people go there every year relying on it to bring them that safe, magical, perfect world that they can't get anywhere else. I genuinely think of DLP as my Neverland, and when I hear "Think of all the joy you'll find, when you leave the world behind, and bid your cares goodbye" in Dreams!, I can't help but tear up because that IS Disneyland to me, it's somewhere I can leave my troubles behind and somewhere I can forget about the real world and the fact that bad things happen, you know? I just know that DLP makes me feel that way every time I visit, yet this time there were a couple of things that brought me out of the magic and out of that bubble, and I really wish there wasn't anything like that.

That said, we did enjoy ourselves SO much. My turns on POTC were the best I've ever had, we did more than we've ever done before and ticked so much off our list, every ride we went on was completely magical and I am so excited to go back I can't even tell you. I have been home for eight days and it feels like eight months!  :oops:

I got some photos developed the other day, so I thought I'd sum up this report with some of those, and a couple of photos of what we bought :D Thanks so much to everyone who read this, I hope you enjoyed it! See you next year  :ears:

Thank you for reading :D

ecila

I loved reading your report, so sad it's come to an end! :( Looks like you had a really lovely time and it's made me so excited to go back in a few months! I can relate to how you feel about the lyrics in Dreams, when The Second Star to the Right plays in the finale I get  so emotional, especially where it says "Each time we say Goodnight", this made me so upset on the last night we saw Dreams cos it was like we were saying goodnight to our last night in Disney if that makes sense :') It was so nice reading your report and agreeing to pretty much all of your opinions on things haha :')
Also, I really like your developed photos, they've got a really nice vintage-y feel to them :D Thanks for sharing!
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

norhel

Nice report :)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

tubbsy

Lovely report. It has got me excited for my trip

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York