September or October?

Started by never2old, June 04, 2013, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Hello all!

Now that we have annual passes we need to make the most out of them... We were thinking of going and staying off site (probably at the Marriott Village, so that we have plenty of space and can cook our own meals) for a full week, and combine time in the parks with other things, including trips to Paris or Val d'Europe. So far so good  :D/

My only doubt is about when to do this, September or October.

September the weather is probably better (though we've been a few times in October and had perfect sunny days), and Dreams is guaranteed to on daily, so we can hopefully watch it a couple of times (if it's anything like last year during the week the park closed at 20:30, so we could easily stay with our little girl until then). On the negative side September is a big favorite for ride closures and refurbs!!

But then October is Halloween, in the past it was always one of our favorite times to go, so there is a chance there will be more things going on in the parks (though no guarantees on Dreams...) I haven't heard anything about Halloween this year so I don't know what to expect.

What do you guys think? When would you go?

gemma2806

I stayed September last year and the weather was fantastic. Parks closed by 8:30pm so our son was able to stay up and watch Dreams! We encountered very few closures over a 13 day period. Sleeping Beauty gallery was closed for the duration, Mad Tea Cups was closed for 10 days and Casey Jr was closed for the duration but otherwise everything else was open.

I've never stopped in October and would love the chance to be there for Halloween.

If I had to choose I'd say anytime from mid September as I've done this twice now and have never been disappointed x

Aurora1

We always stayed beginning octobre to mid of the months. It wasn`to crowded.
 Weather wise we had everything. Last year was rather rainy, the year before sun and outside pool weather. (Of course that was the year we spoiled ourself to the DLH :) )

polar vixen

weather is more stable in September, and we've always found it really quiet because of school just going back - no one wants to miss the first couple of weeks.  Also, if you have AP, it may be worth checking davy crockett ranch, you have your own kitchen area there, depending on how many of you there are, we found that works out a lot cheaper than off site because we can all stay in the one cabin. Have a great time!

amanda08

Just so you know, closures for september are not showing on the disney website.

Halloween is our favourite season at Disney and we have been in october everyyear for the past 5. No info on this year yet, but I know that at the shareholders round table, Mr Philip Gas said somethings along the line of "Disney want to own halloween and xmas" so I am expecting great things this year! :)
So, October gets my vote!

amanda
ps. have stayed in the Marriott villas twice and they are fab :-)

never2old

Little update, we've finally decided to go for October (we'll be there for 1 week starting 12 October), mainly because the dates fitted better with our overall plans... But also because I think I would have ended up regretting missing on Halloween again, last year we were there just before Halloween it started, when they were putting up all the new decorations... And I hated myself for not booking a stay a few days later...

We're staying offsite, which is a new one for us, in the Marriott  :D/  We love it there, and we usually just have 1 or 2 nights there, so we can never make the most of it. So now we'll have a full week to enjoy the hotel, and the area! It should be nice, going for a few hours to the park, and then relaxing the rest of the day and doing something different.  Our little girl is still too young to enjoy lots of sightseeing, but we should still find nice things to do with her, even if it's simply taking her to the pool in the hotel!

Anyway, thank you all for your advice!!!