When Time is of the Essence

Started by Mr D Duck, May 05, 2013, 02:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr D Duck

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip for the last week in July. The small group of us are that are going are veteran theme park goers. We have been to DLRP four times now, but always in off-season.

My question, for anyone who has some experience with busier times of the year (i.e. summer), is this: what counter service restaurants would you recommend for the most efficient refuelling? And I do mean refuelling. We are young adults happy to eat the most basic junk food for the three days we are there. Our main priority is to take in as many rides, shows and experiences as possible during our time in the magic, not linger in eateries.

On previous trips, we have used Cafe Hyperion and Toad Hall in DLP and Restaurant en Coulisee in WDS and found the quality acceptable.

My second question, if I may so bold, is what time of the day would you recommend we eat at CS restaurants? Again, we wish to minimise the time spent in a restaurant. Our group are divided on how best to tackle this issue. Some of us believe that our evening meal should take place at about 6.30pm, just before the parade at DLP. Others argue that we should watch the parade at its step-off point in Fantasyland before rushing to the nearest CS restaurant at 7.10pm approx.

Any advice on dining locations and times will be gratefully receieved by our group.

Many thanks,

D.

EmilieK

I would think that the most time efficient way would simply be to just go to nearest eatery when hungry and eat. If to bussy then walk in the direction of the next thing you wanna do and find another place. Sounds time consuming when put like that but it doesent take that long to see how many are in the line.
 I usually go off sesion and eat before noon for lunch (usually have table service dinner) so never had much problem with crowds. But if I were to pick the place with the fewest people I would say Colonel Hatis Pizza Outpost. Slightly tucked away in adventuare land and as far as I know mostly quiet.

gemmasteele84

I second that suggestion. There are a couple out of the way that are quieter (colonel hatis, hakuna matata) but if you're in fantasy land and hungry it would probably be quicker to go to caseys on main street for a hot dog and wait a little longer than walk all the way over to the other side of the park to a quieter CS place.

grovesie

Hi,

We have been in the summer, to be honest all CS places are busy. I would miss the Cafe Hyperion as this was extremely busy. Like mentioned before Casey's is good and several places quieter, colonel hatis, hakuna matata. Try having lunch/diner either early or late, before or after the rush.

To make most of your time use the Extra Magic Hours. We walked straight onto Buzzlight Year, Peter Pan, Flying Elephants, Teacups and carousel. I would also try dto do the rides when the parade is on.

Hope this helps

Mr D Duck

Thank you all for your various responses. As always, you people have been very helpful :). I feel much more relaxed about my trip now.