Character Hunting Tips

Started by orsie, April 03, 2013, 05:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orsie

Please could everyone post their character hunting tips for my upcoming trip in a few months time.
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

TigerLily

I tend to look for swarms of people lol. That's a fair indication that there is a character about. Plus the gates by its a small world have characters around there at certain times of day. We managed to see a fair few there last year. Then there are organised meet and greets over the two parks which we used for mickey, Duffy, Minnie, Aladdin and Ariel. In the studios I can remember us walking around minding our own business when suddenly Captain Hook charged past in one direction, cruella in another and then Peter and Wendy skipped past too! Lol. Another wonderfully surreal disney moment XD

I don't really remember much hunting though...they just seemed to appear! Sorry I can't be of more use!

HFJohnson

Look out for characters in the hotel at breakfast time. There's no reason why you couldn't visit other hotels aswell to see if you can find different characters. When we had breakfast at the DLH last year there were three characters outside the restaurant when we left.

Make sure you visit the Disneyland Hotel for the afternoon character meet and greet. A number of characters congregate in the lobby and dance down the stairs and then hang around afterwards. It's usually at 4pm, Thursday to Sunday.

orsie

Quote from: "TigerLily"I tend to look for swarms of people lol. That's a fair indication that there is a character about. Plus the gates by its a small world have characters around there at certain times of day. We managed to see a fair few there last year. Then there are organised meet and greets over the two parks which we used for mickey, Duffy, Minnie, Aladdin and Ariel. In the studios I can remember us walking around minding our own business when suddenly Captain Hook charged past in one direction, cruella in another and then Peter and Wendy skipped past too! Lol. Another wonderfully surreal disney moment XD

I don't really remember much hunting though...they just seemed to appear! Sorry I can't be of more use!

Do you know what sort of times they are out by the gates?
Previous Disney Trips

TigerLily

Sorry - I really can't recall the times it was! I'm sure I've noticed other forum members mention seeing groups of characters by the Its A Small World gates though - hopefully one of them will see this thread and be better abled to advise time wise :-)

SwipatronSparks

for us we where interested in meeting peter and wendy last week and we saw smee and captain hook so asked the cast member guide (the one in the red coat) if they would be doing a meet and greet at all that day, and she told us they would be around in about half an hour in front of peter pans flight (turned out they did it next to march hare refreshments so we where lucky that we spotted them walking around the back of dumbo and headed off looking for them when they didnt show after a few minutes) so try asking the cast member guides about specific characters they may know when/if and where the characters you are interested will be around
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

orsie

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"for us we where interested in meeting peter and wendy last week and we saw smee and captain hook so asked the cast member guide (the one in the red coat) if they would be doing a meet and greet at all that day, and she told us they would be around in about half an hour in front of peter pans flight (turned out they did it next to march hare refreshments so we where lucky that we spotted them walking around the back of dumbo and headed off looking for them when they didnt show after a few minutes) so try asking the cast member guides about specific characters they may know when/if and where the characters you are interested will be around

Awesome! Thanks so much! I'll be sure to do this when I visit.
Previous Disney Trips