Good Camera's?

Started by Labyrinth, March 25, 2013, 10:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Labyrinth

I know this probably isn't the correct place but if I put it somewhere else it would take days to be noticed.

:D I'm looking for a good camera for my trip to DLP.
My budget is around £40
I want the quality to be reasonable.
I was thinking a Nikon Coolpix? But I'm not sure

:?
Suggestions?
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

AnnieMouse

My Nikon Coolpix has a terrible shutter delay ... It seems to take the photo right when the subject is done smiling. The price is right, but I wouldn't recommend it. Mine is about three years old so perhaps they've made some improvements.

Disneyland | 1981-1997, 2008, 2010, 2012
California Adventure | 2008, 2010, 2012
Disneyland Paris |1998
WDW |1991

Epcot_Boy

You won't get a decent camera for £40 :(  but you will get a camera near that price. :)

Have a look at the Fuji Finepix JZ200 for around £60 or the panasonic lumix dmc - FS40 for about £70 :)  Their ok for that price, but the picture quality will be very ordinary.

Why not try ebay for a second hand one, but don't expect a 'decent'camera for under £100 :)

David

Labyrinth

Oh really?
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

mdw

Sorry to gatecrash your post but I'm looking for similar advice. Budget £100 and my must haves are minimal time between pressing the button and the picture being take, automatic light settings, digital, decent pics on moving rides?

As you have probably worked out, I don't know the technical camera language!

Epcot_Boy

David

mdw

Thank you

Zee79

Tech guy in one of the stores here told me canon weren't too bad for night shots and fairly quick shutter. These do vary in price, the one i was looking at was between £75-100. I didn't buy it just because didn't have money at the time and someone has recently bought me a fuji as a gift.

Just go into the shops and ask the tech people. Explain what you want it for- i actually said night shots during disney parades and they should direct you to the best kind of cameras. State a price range so they don't show you most expensive and get you hooked on them if you can't afford them.

mdw

Thank you