Disney Holiday 12nts/13days!! Day 10

Started by gemma2806, March 12, 2013, 08:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Today was the least eventful day of all! Given our disasters with crowds over the previous weekend we decided to avoid the parks altogether today as it was a lovely day and the amount of people heading for the parks was unbelievable!

We had breakfast booked at 8am at Cafe Mickeys again and it was quite empty so we had a good table and the food was fresh out. There were loads of characters today so Jack was thrilled! We met Tigger, Chip and Dale, Gepetto, Pluto, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie. We stayed at Cafe Mickey till 10am just having a leisurely breakfast and making sure we saw all the characters. We then left and decided instead of catching the free shuttle to Val d'Europe we would catch the RER train which was only 7 euros return for all 3 of us! The train took just 5 mins and we walked to the Sealife Centre for opening. We spent all morning at the centre and as it was very empty we felt we had the place to ourselves. There were talks talking place and the staff spoke both French and English. We got to go on a free treasure hunt here which Jack enjoyed and he got a medal at the end for getting the answers right so he felt very proud of himself.

Daniel isn't one for shopping so we avoided the main centre but I managed to get him to look round La Vallee Village. This was beautifully done but boy the merchandise was out of our price league! We then had a walk around the whole area before catching the train back.

There were still loads of people heading for the parks at this point and I was even stopped by one unbelievable family. They weren't local and had an accent and they consisted of a mother, father and baby and they asked if we had spare tickets for the park which I advised them we didn't. They then had the cheek to ask if we would pay for them to get into the parks as they didn't have the money and didn't want to disappoint their baby!! I let security know as they were seen hounding other guests and looked very shifty, this is the first time I had ever come across this!!

We went back through Disney Village to finish visiting the shops there and then we got Earl of Sandwich for lunch which we took out to eat at our hotel. We ate lunch on our balcony as it was such a lovely day. We then all decided that it would be a fantastic idea to go swimming. Finally we packed up our swimming gear and headed out to the pool, I was so excited as the pool looked amazing. Well someone was conspiring this whole holiday to stop me going swimming and I couldn't believe what happened next. We made it into the building and looked out over the viewing area to find it looked rather busy, well incredibly busy to be precise. We headed to the changing rooms only to be stopped by the lifeguards and advised that the pool was at capacity and no-one else would be able to be admitted!!!! We were advised to come back later, I was absolutely gutted!! So we went back to our hotel room for the rest of the afternoon. So close and yet so far!!

We got ready for dinner and walked back along the Rio Grande to the Hotel Cheyenne. We had stayed here previously in summer and really enjoyed it but had never had a chance to eat at the Chuck Wagon Cafe so we decided to do this today. We got in for 6pm and there were only 2 other families there. The food was fantastic, there was so much choice and it was really great. We had several plates full! This was also a cheaper option as far as the buffets go and it was definitely worth the money. We then walked round the grounds and found the Fort Apache playground. We lost Jack in here for an hour and this was the most fun he had at a playground all holiday. It was such a lovely evening that we took our time walking back.

We went back to the hotel about 9pm and headed for the usual watering hole before bed. We really appreciated the break from the parks and the fact it was less frenetic doing what we did for the day.

gemmasteele84

OMG that family is mad! Sorry you didn't get to go swimming. loving reading your trip reports, the swimming saga is like a cliffhanger in each episode lol.

gemma2806

I really couldn't believe what this family were asking me at first!! They were bothering a lot of people though and they kept eyeing up people's bag etc so I had to report them in case they ruined someone else's holiday. Glad the swimming pool saga is coming across as amusing as it made me laugh everyday, I just couldn't believe my luck!!

jeakat24

The cheek of that family! I'm speechless, I actually don't know what to write!  :shock:

The fates really were against you with the swimming!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemma2806

There's more to come on the swimming front so stay tuned!!

IrishMinnie

Gemma when I stayed in that hotel I used the pool and two things happened. One, I almost froze to death and two, I came down the little slide thing so fast that I took in a massive gulp of water and burst into tears  :oops: