Help - CDG & TGV

Started by princess lucia, February 22, 2013, 10:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

princess lucia

Hi All

Newbie here, travelling to DLP on 24th March - 28th March for my little girls birthday (23rd March) and my wifes 30th (28th March).

we are flying from glasgow arriving sunday night 20.30 @ CDG
i have tried to book the TGV but the only time that is coming up on the rail europe website is 21.17. given that people are saying 12 min walk from gate to train station plus 10-15 passport control added to the time for disembarking the aircraft, then providing our flight is on time i dont think it gives us much time do make this train; what do you guys think? do you know when the last train is? i thought i read somewhere it was 21.55

for the way back i was looking for a train around 14.30 (flight back is 16.30) but the only one coming up on the website is 13.00 so i'm potentially missing out on an hour or so extra at the park

do you think a shuttle transfer would probably be better? hoping the traffic at that time wouldnt be as bad

many thanks in advance for your help

captain rocket

You don't have enough time to make the TGV, you will be really worried about missing the train! That late train you read about is the RER (Paris Metro) and you have to go into Paris and back out to marne le Vallee. My advice would be a shuttle transfer for your arrival and use the TGV on the return. A shuttle on the way back would only save you an hour or so.
have a great trip

Elaine

yes, do as captain rocket suggests - get a shared/private shuttle booked for your arrival at CDG to take you to your hotel, then take the TGV back to CDG from DLP on your last day.

For a 16.30 departure time from CDG, a shuttle company would collect you for the journey from DLP at around 13.30 anyway.

louisee

I'm very glad I read this forum because this is my problem as well!  Could anyone offer more information on the hired shuttle because when I called CDG airport they said that only 3 people can fit into a taxi at one time and they did not mention a private shuttle hire - I don't suppose you have a website for this because I'm travelling this weekend with three young children and this is our first time on a plane with them so I want it to be as smooth as possible.  

Many thanks
xx

Elaine

Quote from: "louisee"I'm very glad I read this forum because this is my problem as well!  Could anyone offer more information on the hired shuttle because when I called CDG airport they said that only 3 people can fit into a taxi at one time and they did not mention a private shuttle hire - I don't suppose you have a website for this because I'm travelling this weekend with three young children and this is our first time on a plane with them so I want it to be as smooth as possible.  

Many thanks
xx

contact and book with the shuttle companies direct - rstransports, tioshuttle, ezyshuttle.com or interprestige all get regular repeat visitors for DLP customers.

captain rocket

Elaine is right, this is a simple, and possibly, cheaper way for you all to get to the resort. The shuttles pick You up at a designated point, either at the arrival gate or outside one of the numbered doors in your arrival terminal and take you to the front door of your hotel. I would advise travelling back by the TGV which takes just 10 minutes to the airport.
Have a great visit!