Trip Report 16th-20th Jan

Started by disney-dan, January 09, 2013, 10:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disney-dan

A Magical morning peoples! As per my thread from last night about visiting DLP on your own I figured to hell with it and booked a 4 night stay at the Cheyenne from next Wednesday to Sunday so I'm starting this pre-trip report. I must say I'm excited at going back to DLP but nervous about going alone. I'll be driving down (from Huddersfield) and taking the Eurotunnel; I've booked early morning and late night crossings to maximise Disney time :lol: and have ordered all sorts of docks and doodads from eBay so I can hook my Android tablet and phone and all sorts up in the car for maximum en route entertainment :lol:

I'm going to "attempt" (said loosely :lol: ) to write a day report every night if I can and will upload photos if my data allowance allows, if not I'll do them when I get home (or on the free wifi in Starbucks :lol:  =D> ). I apologise in advance; I don't know what the photos will be like because I don't own a normal camera and would normally use my phone as its camera is decent (a Galaxy S3) but I recently sent it in for warranty work and have just ordered a Huawei Ascend G300 to tide me over and I don't know what it's like :?

Well peeps, wish me luck!! And keep an eye out for my report updates!!  :D/
Have a Magical day!!

DD

owencobb

Good luck you will have a fab time enjoy disney dreams have yet to see it looking forward to our trip this year, looking forward to your reports
Trips to Disneyland Paris

Aug 1997 Disney Santa Fe
Dec 1999-Jan 2000 Disney Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2000 Disney Santa Fe
Jan 2000 Disneyland Hotel
Dec 2005 Disney Newport Bay Hotel
Mar 2006 Disney Cheyenne Hotel
Dec 2006 Disney Newport Bay Hotel
Mar 2012 Disney Santa Fe
Apr 2013 Disney Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2013 Disney Santa Fe - Christmas Celebrations

mickeyspal

Have fun; looking forward to reading your trip report & how you managed on your own.
I applaud you for going on your own =D> I'm not quite brave enough to travel on my own; maybe one day.
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

disney-dan

Quote from: "mickeyspal"Have fun; looking forward to reading your trip report & how you managed on your own.
I applaud you for going on your own =D> I'm not quite brave enough to travel on my own; maybe one day.

Well, I dunno about brave, maybe more like stupid haha.

If anyone sees a lone bloke sat on a bench with a coffee come say hi because it's probably me :lol:
Have a Magical day!!

DD

AislingM

Good for you going on your own! I bet you will discover loads of new things that you never see too busy chatting and you can do exactly what you want to do , really looking forward to reading all about it and best of luck!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

SwipatronSparks

looking forward to reading your report =] will be interesting to read and see how people view disney from a soloist point of view =] have a great time
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

kelly.dylan

Have fun! Can't wait to read your report, seems like a lifetime ago we were there now :(
At least going on your own you can do everything you want and not have to worry about anyone else! I must admit when it's just Dylan and I it seems much more relaxed than when my mum comes too! I'm not even sure why??
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

MrsPirate

Have a fab trip, looking forward to reading all about it.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

perrollaz

Wish you a great trip and looking forward for your trip reports!
I'll bet you will see a lot of stuff you've never seen before because you are alone, can do what you want and nobody there to distract you!
Take a park schedule right at the entrance (or download it from disneyland.com in advance) and take the time to go visit all parades and shows! There is always such a wonderful mood around these happenings!
And try to do things you never did before- at my 12th visit three weeks ago I spent an evenig alone in the parc and went the first time at mad hatters tea party. It was magical ;-)

disney-dan

I am looking forward to it tbh, just the being alone thing to get used to. Only problem is, my fave ride (POTC) will be closed the entire time I'm there!!! :-( I could easily ride round and round on it all day
Have a Magical day!!

DD

SwipatronSparks

i love potc too but who knows you might discover a ride to fit itself nicely into your second fave spot =]

as for the being alone, maybe if your feeling particularly lonely pull out your camera/phone or whatever and record a quick video blog, if your confident enough to wander around talking to a camera then you can use your imagination and your talking to all of us telling us what your up to where your going, heck even tell us what colour socks your wearing if it will make you feel better, with the way mobile technology works now people wandering past you will probably think your having some kind of video call home (skype facetime all of those things are pretty widely used now, i regularly wander around uni and see students video chatting to people on their ipads or whatever) either way just enjoy yourself and have yourself a good time =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Epcot_Boy

When the time comes, have a great time, as I'm sure you will :)  And really, don't worry about going on your own, I do it all the time and it can be wonderful, all the time you want for yourself.
I look forward to your report :thumbs:  I'm going the first week in February, so you can update me on how things are going in DLrP in your report ;)

David

Ravenseye

How exciting!  :D/
If I ever got the chance (unlikely) I wouldnt hesitate at a solo trip to DLP. After all, you only have to please yourself, perfect.  :thumbs:
Look forward to reading your reports.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Aurora1

Have great trip! And enjoy yourself! =D>
You can use the single rider lines at RcRacer and Parachutes! ;)

disney-dan

DAY 1 - TRAVEL DAY

No pics from today since its basically been travel. I went to my friends last night for a few hours before setting off at 2am for the 7.20am euro tunnel. The first things that hit me - the cold! I had no idea it was gonna be so cold last night, getting down to minus 8 at one point (that wasn't the coldest it would get tho!). The journey down was uneventful, apart from a mad scramble to find a petrol station open at daft o'clock that didn't charge through the nose. I made it to the chunnel with about 20 mins to spare before boarding so relaxed for little while before making the crossing and beginning the nerve racking drive to dlp! The roads just out of calais were very slippy, not surprising given it was -13c!! To top it off I was driving into the sun and it was so cold that the washer jets froze on my car meaning I couldn't clear the windscreen and basically drive blind for half the journey, how I made it I'll never know! Got lost twice by taking the N104 instead of A104 by accident and getting on the A4 going the wrong direction but other than that, it was all good :lol:
Got into the Cheyenne for about 1ish, jumped I the shower and decided to take a nap, I was beat! I didn't wake up until 5pm so quickly got dressed and headed out for a mooch. I must say it's very VERY strange being here alone! I feel like I have to go everywhere at full speed because people are looking at me. They're not, but it's how I feel! I only did one ride, Phantom Manor, and then went on the hunt for food. What a load of rubbish! Only the Hyperion open! So after a mediocre burger I decided to wait for Dreams which as always was awesome but lacked something since I had no one there to share it with. I'm just in Starbucks now abusing their wifi before I head back l to the hotel. Early I know but I'm shattered and frozen solid :lol:
Have a Magical day!!

DD