Trip cancellation :(

Started by Minne&Mickey92, December 10, 2012, 02:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minne&Mickey92

Hi all
Sadly we were due to be In Disney from yesterday (9th) to the 12th this week , but due to an immediate relative suddenly falling seriously ill 2 hours before we were due to travel ,we've been unable to go :( I just wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation and had any advice or information on what happens next , as due to it being a Sunday and the day we were supposed to be arriving on ,the Disney department that was there could move the holiday and guest relations was
Closed or something like that. Would be great if anyone new if they will move the trip for us or
Of we'll loose it ?  

Thanks
Clo and Craig x

ilovedisneylandparis

I remember seeing on the T&Cs that if the trip is cancelled 2 days or less prior to arriving, or if a party is a 'no-show' then they charge 100% of the holiday fee as a cancellation charge, which means you wouldn't get any of your money back (as far as I know) :(

What I would do is send guest communications an email and explain the situation, I'm sure they are used to dealing with situations like this, and it makes sense to let DLP know what has gone on. It must have been very scary that your relative fell ill so suddenly so I don't blame you for not taking the trip :(

Did you have any travel insurance? I think usually it is a good idea to get in touch with them at this stage, too, and see whether your insurance covered last minute cancellation/illness. Good luck :)

Little mermaid 240

Hi
We had to cancel two weeks before we were due to go in 2011!  Due to my husband being knocked off his bike!

But the main advice is to get a doctors letter and a form from the insurance and fill it out as soon as possible!  Although, you may have to pay to get the doctor to fill out the form.

Hope they get well soon, hope this helps.
Little Mermaid x