Disney 3D on DVD?

Started by penfold12, February 08, 2007, 01:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to release Disney £D movies on DVD?

I know a few films have been released on DVD in 3D and come with a set of glasses, so the 3D aspect is possible. But thats the old style.

Just would be so cool to get Nightmare Before Christmas 3D on DVD!

Anthony

Hmm, I don't think it'll be possible.  Not in the same quality as cinema Disney Digital 3D anyway.

Digital projection and Real-D 3D are the main things the studios are hoping will keep cinemas alive, so they'll want to keep them exclusive too.

Owain

Heres what i read about and could be the future for 3D Tv.

Philips: 3D TV to appear in 2008

The 3D TV experience, without the red and blue paper glasses, is likely closer than you think

Philips is selling 3D LCD monitors to the commercial market and will try to bring the technology to consumer TVs by 2008. The TV is a standard LCD with an additional layer of lenses aligned in rows. These lenses create separate images of the material that, when received by your eye and brain, get interpreted as 3D imagery. The 42-inch screen is meant to be viewed from about four meters away. The 3D effect of the 20-inch screen can be viewed about 60 centimeters away. (If you stand closer, the 3D effects disappear and the image begins to blur.)

Source: http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6081247-2.html

peep

That sounds coolio but its just going to make it harder to get lots of people into films with the 3D treatment at the cinema, they will just wait until it comes out on DVD. So I suppose there are pros and cons of it but I don't care, you won't get the same experience at home like you do at the cinema.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320