Halloween - when will it end?

Started by Anthony, September 20, 2004, 11:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Some thoughts to hopefully start a bit of discussion:

Year after year DLRP adds big new things to the Halloween Festival, but soon enough they're going to have just too many decorations and elements, surely?

When do you think they'll have a big enough festival to stop adding new things?  Or will they continue to add new things so that in many years time they'll have to spend 11 months preparing the festival?

Things like the cable-car system this year are original and clever, but then next year they'll have more and then more and more.... It's going to get too much soon, surely?

Kristof

Maybe we'll be getting a brand new story with other characters and stuff within a few years.  And I think a lot of the current stuff can be recycled and rebuild.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Maybe we'll be getting a brand new story with other characters and stuff within a few years.  And I think a lot of the current stuff can be recycled and rebuild.

Yes, but in a few years surely they'll have just too much stuff to bring back or add to?  Will they stop adding to the festival or chuck parts out each year so it's always fresh?

Personally i can actually only see Halloween getting bigger and bigger, until they start to not just decorate the parks but offer new mini-attractions (walk throughs, etc.) like they have at Universal Orlando.

It would be cool if they used Le Visionarium for something this year whilst it is unused.  They could have the "history of the pumpkinmen" in there, or some kind of pumpkinmen dark walkthrough.  It wouldn't fit too well in Discoveryland, but it's a large space that should be used and not left empty.

Kristof

Yes, walk throughs would be very cool.  You know what I really would like to see?  A walkthrough, based on the scary forest from Snow White.  :wink: