Vegan dining?

Started by steppelemming, September 20, 2012, 07:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steppelemming

Hi everyone.

Its been a while since I have been on here but i am just 3 weeks away from my 7th trip to DLRP.  I have always been a vegetarian but this will be my first trip as a vegan.  This time we are staying in a self catering appartment near Val D'Europe so will probably buy food from the supermarket there.  I know hubby would love for us to have a meal out while we are there but I also know DLRP doesnt really cater for vegans.  Does anyone know of any restaurants either in the village or at Val D'Europe that will happily cook us a decent vegan meal or already offers one on the  menu?

Cheryl  :thumbs:
Disney trips
1988 - WDW Florida
1994 - WDW Florida
1996 - WDW Florida
1998 - WDW Florida
2000 - DLRP Caravan
2001 - DLRP Hotel cheyenne
2007 - DLRP Explorers hotel
2008 - DLRP Kyriad hotel
2010 - DLRP xmas trip, sequoia lodge
2011 - DLRP hotel cheyenne
2012 - Halloween here we come

dagobert

My girlfriend is vegan and I'm a vegetarian. The last time we have been to DLRP was in 2010, so I don't know how the menues changed.

Here's a small report my girlfriend did about being vegan at DLRP.
http://totallyveg.blogspot.co.at/2010/0 ... paris.html

DisneyOlivia

THANKYOU FOR THIS THREAD !
I am in the same boat (was vego before but am now a vegan), but we are staying IN the park for five days and I was not sure how it was going to turn out. Let us know how it goes for you !

Fugleskraemslet

Yey! Awesome report on vegan dining!

I'm planning on going in January! It's my fourth time, but my first as a vegan. I suppose I'll have to eat a lot of junk since my friends are a bit broke... But well! If any of you have something to report from your last trip, please share!
Especially, do any of you know if they offer any dessert/cake/ice cream suitable for vegan? I know the sorbet from Ben & Jerrys are suitable for vegans. :)

Oh, btw, I think the Veggie Burger at Anette's Diner could be vegan if you ask for no cheese and coleslaw! :)

DisneyOlivia

Yes I heard the same about the veggie burger from Annette's!

Can I ask what dates you're going? I'm heading there four days in Jan and would be cool to see someone else vegan & disney loving haha :D
Also don't forget the lovely soy milk at starbucks ! One peppermint soy latte coming up for me !

andrewuk

More magic forum vegans :D

We usually find that you can get by with eating loads of bread and fruit for breakfast. Most of the fast-food restaurants will do chips/salad/bread roll which is not exactly brilliant but keeps you going. Agrabah Cafe is the best restaurant to go to for a meal.

And it is worth going into Paris for a Maoz falafel, especially if you take a short walk and eat next to Notre Dame! :thumbs:
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

PrincessHi

Thank you for this thread! I'm another vegan Disney fan!
Some really great tips here and a few pleasant surprises - I had basically assumed it would be a week of chips and, if I was lucky, salad so anything outside of that is exciting  :lol:

Great news to hear there is a Starbucks too! The one thing that was freaking me out was the thought of not getting a soy latte in the morning  :lol:  :lol: