Celebrity stars portray Disney dreams

Started by Anthony, January 28, 2007, 04:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I'm sure you saw these already:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2007/01/ ... yland.html

What do you think of Disney using celebrities to market their parks like this?

They've been created for the US resorts really, but the media buzz (mainly about Beckham) has spread further, and they're all generically branded "Disney Parks" (isn't everything in the US these days?!) which means they'll do favours for the other 3 resorts too.

It's certainly a very different and bold (and expensive, probably!) step for Disney.  Jay seems pleased with himself at least. :wink:

penfold12

They are fantatstic, but why is the DLRP castle been fliped in negative on the Beckham picture!!

All that budget and the castle is backwards

Patrick

Nice idea, very nice for Rasulo to finally show really his stupid marketing scam year of a million dreams still doesn't make any sense.  These are nice to see, though I'm still confused as to why they need celebrities to advertise disney parks.  Kind of reminds me of when Eurodisney got celebrities in the 90's to perform or walk around the park with children.

Masamune

:D I loooove these! :P I say they need more in this series!

Riebi

That are wonderful pics and I like the campain. It show a high standard in my opinion that was missed from time to time.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

DisneyBud

I really love this campaign, I can understand where people are coming from when they say celebrities shouldn't be used as it's kind of ruining the 'Disney isolation' kinda thing and sort of agree, but I almost forgive them for doing it because they are so beautiful, esp the Scarlett Cinderella one.  Bring on the rest I say, I've heard of a Little Mermaid and others ones happening, anyone know when they will be released?

Soap

MORE PLS  =P~
They look absolutly great, especially Scarlett looks like a real fairytale princess!! :oops:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Dlrpfan

they are really great! i hope disney do do more things like this
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "DisneyBud"I really love this campaign, I can understand where people are coming from when they say celebrities shouldn't be used as it's kind of ruining the 'Disney isolation' kinda thing and sort of agree, but I almost forgive them for doing it because they are so beautiful, esp the Scarlett Cinderella one.
Yeah, if someone would have told me "Disney are going to be using celebrities in print ads for the park" I would have been worried, but these are very very high quality.  They got a good photographer, amazing stars... and used some good ideas.

This "Year of a Million Dreams" thing seems to be based around the concept of "look what we can do, we're Disney.  we can let people stay in our castle.  we can base a million rides on pixar characters, because we own them", which is quite funny... but probably no bad thing, if it means they're striving for quality again. :)

actiontoyboy

A very clever step from Disney, using the famous to promote their parks.
Products or services who are promoted by the stars do sell better...Otherwise Pepsi & Coca Cola wouldn't have to fight for the stars that are most popular among youngsters.
What do you think if the company can contract Oprah Winfrey do to a photo shoot? Surely she will have more effect then my sister in the same princess outfit :lol:

Btw, anyone having more info about where to buy the Beckham poster? :wink:

GJ

penfold12

Anyone know who is appearing in the second set of photo's they plan to release?

Masamune

:P We should start listing who we want in the next sets, and what Disney characters they would be!

:lol: I think Jake Gyllenhall (so can't spell his surname) would make a fabulous Cheshire Cat because he has the most adorable smile. :D

Maarten

This is the quality one should expect form a Disney campaign. Great work. I hope we will see these posters at Paris aswell, especially since Beckham and Le Chanteau in the background or more European orientated. It would be great to use these posters as banners in the Fantasia Gardens or the Esplanade.  :)

actiontoyboy

Quote from: "Masamune":P We should start listing who we want in the next sets, and what Disney characters they would be!

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie would make a great Prince & Princess couple....

GJ :)

Dlrpfan

may be cinderella or beuty and the beast :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012