Trip to Disneyland Paris September 2012

Started by CertifiedDisneyFreak, September 17, 2012, 04:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CertifiedDisneyFreak

We got back yesterday evening from our 3 night 4 day stay at Disney... it was great! :). We went by euro tunnel and my dad drove there, we stayed a the Sequoia Lodge and it was lovely, i have noticed that they have done the rooms up to a Bambi themed room which was lovely, On the day we arrived we just went round the village for a bit and then into the Disneyland Park, we walked around the shops for a bit and did a few times and before we knew it, it was time for Disney Dreams! and i have to say it was amazing! i have never seen a show like it, definitely the best Disney show i have seen so far! On the second day we had breakfast early and went in to the Disneyland Park and as we walked in the Disney Character train was just coming out!  We managed to do some shopping, rides (our faces on the picture from the Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast were so serious! haha), meet some characters and watched the Disney's Magic on Parade.. i love the music for both the parades! On this night we managed to get up close to the castle for Disney Dreams :). On day 3 we got up and went to the Walt Disney Studios for the 1st half of the morning, i queues for rides where crazy! due to it being the weekend, Crush's Coaster was a 2hour wait! so we decided not to queue for that!, it came to around 2pm and we went back into the other park as we had a reservation for lunch at the Cowboy Cookout place in Frontierland with the characters! i have to say this was the best experience i have from Disneyland! The characters were great! we had a Birthday Cake brought out for my Mum as we were celebrating her 50th Birthday, the characters were hilarious! somehow i managed to end up doing Line Dancing with Pluto!, Daisy and Friar Tuck were messing around with my mums phone and Woody was messing around and picking on my partner! haha it was so funny, can't wait to watch the video back of that moment! Once we had eaten me and my partner queued up for Thunder Mountain, it was his 1st time to Disney so he didn't know what to expect from the ride! i have to say i have not heard someone swear so much whilst on a ride! it was so funny and our picture was hilarious! We went and got a good spot for the parade again and then sat down at Caseys and had a drink, before we knew it another day had passed and it was time for bed again! On our last day we had a late breakfast, did our last minute shopping and headed into the Disneyland Park before we had to go....i hate leaving Disneyland Paris! i could stay there forever! haha We hope to go again next year :) so better start saving! i Hope you enjoyed my small trip report and if you have any questions just ask! & if you have the chance to go, GO! especially whilst Disney Dreams is on, its a show not to be missed! :)
Follow me on Instagram to check out my lastest Disney photos! :) @niicolaaaaa

BlackPearl

You surely had a nice trip to Disneyland!   :D
By the way, is the Birthday cake still shaped like the castle? I only remember it from a trip, oh, about 15 years ago.
(not for me but a family at a table next to us)

CertifiedDisneyFreak

No it wasn't it was a Chocolate Cake with Mickey and Minnie on it :) was yummy though! haha

lauramumof3

sounds like a good trip! i always say i never want to leave either!
 i would like to go to cowboy cookout but on our trip there will be 15 of us we are planning to have a pack up for lunch and eat in a decent restaurent (as decent as you can get in disney iykwim) for tea and cowboy only serve till 3 ish dont they and i dont fancy loads of cakes for the tea party!??  a lot of places arent open for evening meal are they
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

hawian rollercoaster

what was sequoia like do you have any pics.

CertifiedDisneyFreak

Sequoia Lodge is a lovely hotel, it depends if your the kinda person who spends most their days in the parks like me! or enjoying the Hotel facilities really but it is a lovely hotel! best at christmas i'd say :)..... We had like a set menu at the cowboy cookout and not the actually cakes tea party thing, the food was so good! i think it was like 26.50 euros for a starter, main, dessert and a drink! which we thought was pretty good seen as the size of the meals! + being with the characters made it extra special! :)