The Disney Village Dome?

Started by Columbiad, March 12, 2010, 10:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

Ok, I know very little of the Disney Village Dome. I know that it housed the Aquatic Circus in 1999 to 2001, but apart from that, what is it used for now?

Aquatic Circus Leafelt, Courtesy of EuroSouvenirland: //http://www.eurosouvenirland.com/memorabilia/item/1999-crescendo-aquatic-circus-leaflet/

Anthony

Along with the newer white tent next door, it's now rented out for special events and conventions by DLP Business Solutions: http://drpbusiness.com/uk/3540.php

It's a shame the boarded-up ticket desks at the front make that area feel so run-down. The convention centre can't come soon enough (and probably won't).

Columbiad

Such a shame they dont use this to its full advantage. Putting a ciruc/Cirque du Solie style show on in here, is sure to boost Disney Village.

Thanks again, Anthony.

davewasbaloo

I really used to love Crescend'O, but for some reason, the couple of times we saw it, the audience was half full. I still listen to the soundtrack often
since 2001 (many before that)

britincgn

I also think DJ Bobo played once but hardly any tickets were sold

HildeKitten

I wouldn't be surprised if the lousy ticket sales had something to do with the often lousy advertising DLP tends to do.

HildeKitten

Quote from: "Anthony"Along with the newer white tent next door, it's now rented out for special events and conventions by DLP Business Solutions: http://drpbusiness.com/uk/3540.php

It's a shame the boarded-up ticket desks at the front make that area feel so run-down. The convention centre can't come soon enough (and probably won't).

Isn't there already a convention area in Sequoia Lodge?

_Natalie_x

Hello, I went to Disneyland Paris in October 2008 for the EFDPA and returned in 2009, this is a festival for European performing arts or dance teams to perform and compete :)  I was part of RTSA (Rotherham Teachers Student Academy) and we opened and closed the festival both years. This took place in the Dome. :)  Theres a proper stage inside and lots of seating, and also a big open spage before the actual performing 'room' where some dance workshops took place and groups practiced.  
www.efdpa2010.co.uk if the link to the website for more information and theres a video with some performances from 2009. Our group is the number 'fabulous' from high school musical at the beginning of the video :)
This festival is retuning in 2010 and you can buy tickets from that website ><
Im not sure what else happens in there but this is my knowledge of the dome ! :D xxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "HildeKitten"Isn't there already a convention area in Sequoia Lodge?

No there's not but there is one in Disney's Hotel New York and Disney's Newport Bay Club.

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

I saw the musical "Grease" there back in 2005... Had a lot of fun^^ I don't remember any empty seats... Maybe they should do more stuff like that... I would love to see lion king, beauty and the beast or Mary Poppins while I'm on  my disney vacation... or even non-disney-musicals...

What also comes to my mind is Elton John! He did a concert in disney village back in the 90s (Don't know if that took place in the dome but anyway). It was a huge hit as far as I can recall... So why don't they book any other major stars? (I don't consider DJ Bobo a major star!!!) It would draw a lot of people to the parks as well... I know it might not be as easy as it sounds but it worked before^^ ... :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

mickeyspal

I saw Crescendo at the Dome in December 2000; it was a breathtaking show of water, ice, fire, acrobats, clowns horses and much more. This show was ticket only and was full the night we went and we saw queues lining up on other nights so was obviously popular :D  I feel very lucky that we visited Disney during the years when they had lots of good shows playing at different venues; and particulary over christmas in 2000 when we had Crescendo, MWW, Mulan  etc. we also had Dinner Shows @ Newport Bay, but sadly none of this seems to happen now; if they ever decide to spend money and put shows on over christmas then I might be encouraged to return at this time of year. :cry: But it's a great shame that the Dome is just left as another empty space, hopefully someone will come along with a good idea for shows like Crescendo or concerts; people will pay to go and see something special.
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean