Comments on Rude guests.. other peoples opinions??

Started by Cookie, June 30, 2012, 01:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cahaya

on the most things I agree with you.
But I think sitting on the curbs is fair. In high season you have to wait about an hour before the parade starts. Most of the people are tired and just can't stand the whole day. DLP has the galleries, so everyone can get out of the park without hopping above others. I was often in bad mood if 100 people in one hour parade waiting time wanted to get over me (and often hit me)... so a tipp: use the galleries.

I also understand the people with children on their backs at the Dreams show. Otherwise they just don't see anything. A tipp: stand in front line before the castle.. also a long waiting time, but worth it!

Make yourself very big so queue jumpers have no chance. Blaming them loudly is also a good chance to get them back into line, because the other guests are mostly on your side.

And the most important tipp: there are always rude people on any place of the wolrd. Don't let them ruin your day, they are not worth the energy.
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

Sugaroo_

I think a lot of people are in a state of panic while at the parks, kind of like a "so much do to, so little time" thing, hence the pushing and shoving. Everyone wants to make the most out of their trip. For instance trying to get the best view of the parade/show for your kid, most people - not all, but most - may not realize they're doing it at the expense of the person standing behind them. Just think about, aren't we all potentially blocking someone's view and getting in someone's way?

But things like cutting in line are unacceptable, do these people think they're so much smarter than the rest of us patiently waiting our turn?  :evil: As for the smoking, I am a smoker and would never DARE light up while queuing. That's just plain wrong. Just get yourself to a designated smoking area...sheesh! As for people sitting on curbs I also think it's fair. There's just so many people in the parks, especially during high season, and the chances that someone is going to be blocking your view, getting in your way and getting on your nerves are huge! I've probably encountered all the things you've listed above and just never gave it a second thought. I love DLRP and I'm not going to waste my precious, well earned vacation time fretting over someone else's lack of manners. Shake off the bad and enjoy yourself! Don't ruin your vaca for anyone!!!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

Sparkchild

I've been going to Walt Disney World for years and I have learned the tricks to not letting people force their way in front of you at parades and fireworks shows. I remember on my first visit to EPCOT, my friend, her mother, and I were waiting by the fence along the world showcase for Illuminations to start. We had been waiting there for at least an hour and the crowds were building around us, as much as ten people thick. A minute or two before the show started we heard a lady say to her kid "just push to the front and get a good spot". The next thing we know there is a 8-9 year old boy pushing between us and pushes my friend's mother out of the way to get to the fence. My friends mother, who isn't a nice lady to begin with, grabbed that boy by the back of his shirt, hauled him back, turned him around, and told him "Go back to your mother little boy". He was so scared he ran. Now, I'm not saying you should do anything that nasty, but you should definately hold your ground. If you have been standing/sitting in that spot for an hour then it is your spot. That rule should be international. In the 18 years I've been going to Disney parks I have seen it all. People who push to the front, parents that purposely plant there children right in front of you as the parade starts, kids that kick you until you move out of their way, and people that wait until the show starts and then stand on benches, fences, and other items to block everyone's view. I've learned to stand my ground, the simple gesture of placing your arm out and saying "no!" does wonders. It seems like "no!' is understood in almost every language.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Minnie2610"For the parades I have to say people sitting on the foot path I dont mind they are very fair and its always first come first served. I`m happy as long as they don`t block our view. I can`t stand it though when they are sitting on front of you and then the parade starts and they stand up.  :evil:

Some people like to sit in there spot for up to an hour to rest there legs, I do not think it is rude of them to then stand up when the parade has started.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

natalie1313

i have only ever experienced queue jumping on tower of terror. The first time it happened was in november last year, me and my friend had been waiting in the long line all around the outside when a group of french kids about 12 maybe, jumped over the line right at the turning for the last outside bit. We were shocked that the family they jumped in front of just allowed it to happen, i think you should always stand up for yourself no matter what. Once we were nearing the lobby they push infront of us! so we grabbed them back by the jackets shouted no blocking them out as much as two people could do, they were trying to get in front so bad that three spanish men joined in our fight to put them in their place. We were not going to stand in line for ages to let little brats join at the last ten minutes, no way indeed! they were so cheeky afterwords too, swearing at us.

the next time was in april, pretty much the same thing happened again but with a group of english kids. They skipped in front of a french family who were in front of us, they shouted at them in french as i dont think they spoke english but the boys just laughed so i joined in by saying that the man told them to get to the back of the line, they started to get cheeky so we directed the family to go in front of them and then we also went in front of them. They kept saying stuff about us and pushing themselves into our backs. If i was a cast member and i saw this i wouldn't let them ride.

Sparkchild

I got a new one for you. I just went to see Brave in Theaters today. Right as the movie was starting a lady with three kids, ages approximately 2,6,& 10, came in and sat down in front of us. There were plenty of seats but for some reason this woman insisted on fitting four people into two seats. She had both young children on her lap. The first thing she manages to do is spill her giant drink on the floor, right in the middle of the walkway. I was afraid someone was going to slip on the liquid and fall, apparently she didn't care because she picked up the cup, looked inside, saw there was a little soda left, poured it out onto the floor, then handed the 10 year old the cup and told her to get a refill. Then she starts getting calls on her cell phone, which she had not turned off, and insists on answering. All through the movie, the younger kids are squirming, wiggling, talking, and getting up and walking around. At one point the youngest got scared and mom took him out of the theater, which gave us some relief for about 30 minutes. When the movie was over we noticed that where they were sitting was littered with popcorn and candy wrappers, it was a mess. I went to a theater employee and told them about the spill, because the family didn't bother. They created a mess and left. As a retail salesperson I always wonder about that sort of things. I see where people have made an absolute mess in a store, restaurant, or bathroom and don't clean up after themselves. Is it because they know someone will clean up after them or because they really just don't care? Then I wonder if they do this in their own homes, and if so, I'd hate to be their downstairs neighbor.

gemmasteele84

All this reminds me of when we went to disney last year. I was waiting in the queue for the runaway minetrain with my mum and 4 year old son (thrill seeker that he is!). We had waited patiently for 45 minutes and my son was playing with the rope banner to entertain himself when a french guy in his 20s comes running up the isle and queue jumps over the rope a few people in front of us. Lukcily just as he did so my son pulled the rope up, tripping the guy and sending him flying! Everyone burst out laughing at him, my poor boy looked at me horrified thinking he was going to be told off. I patted him on the back and bought him and ice cream when we got off the ride. :)

dmmosh69

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"All this reminds me of when we went to disney last year. I was waiting in the queue for the runaway minetrain with my mum and 4 year old son (thrill seeker that he is!). We had waited patiently for 45 minutes and my son was playing with the rope banner to entertain himself when a french guy in his 20s comes running up the isle and queue jumps over the rope a few people in front of us. Lukcily just as he did so my son pulled the rope up, tripping the guy and sending him flying! Everyone burst out laughing at him, my poor boy looked at me horrified thinking he was going to be told off. I patted him on the back and bought him and ice cream when we got off the ride. :)

that is one of the funnyest things ive heard, well done to your lad you should be very proud  :thumbs:

DisneyG83

When we were watching Disney Dreams, there was a woman stood up near a lamp-post blocking everyone's view and even when told by a CM to please stand down, she ignored this.  :|
During that same show, well before hand, there was a fight between two grown women. I was very shocked. Especially to this in a family enviroment. The CM were brilliant but I just found it rather shocking and I was rather taken aback to see something like that take place in front of smaller children.
Que jumpers get on my nerves, it's annoying on the rides and even more annoying when waiting for food. On our last night we decided to go to the buffet in the Santa Fe hotel and just relax before the long bus journey home. People were pushing in here, there and everywhere. It was ridiculous.
It's just the little things that can get you down. However, I enjoyed my holiday and that's all the matters :)
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

isani

Not so much rude but certainly inconsiderate or clueless: guests who try to enter through the Fastpass line before their ticket is due. On my last visit, I had a ticket for Big Thunder Mountain at 12:00 and the time was 12:05. However, I had a hard time getting in as the Fastpass entrance was completely clogged up with guests who had passes for 12:10 or 12:15. Go wait somewhere else, that's what Fastpass is for!

petals

Quote from: "Sparkchild"<snip> As a retail salesperson I always wonder about that sort of things. I see where people have made an absolute mess in a store, restaurant, or bathroom and don't clean up after themselves. Is it because they know someone will clean up after them or because they really just don't care? Then I wonder if they do this in their own homes, and if so, I'd hate to be their downstairs neighbor.
I totally get that. Never understand the way people treat shops.

Scissorsboi

It's certainly a cultural difference, in America I've not seen any queue jumping/graffiti/littering/pushing and shoving, whereas in Paris I've seen it on all of my visits.

I think the reason comes to down to respect, America created Disneyland and is proud of it, it's history and what it means. So when they visit their parks they feel like it should be treated with the respect and control their children well. In Paris we got Disneyland as a "Disney themed Theme Park" with no historical background, so they treat it as any other park. A possible easy way to combat that would be to put in a One Man's Dream attraction into DLP to try to introduce some of that history, tailor the attraction to the European influences on Walt and that may get at least some of the guests to sit up and go "you know what, this is an important place".

Until then we've gotta get over the advertising that the parks are a massive playground for kids under 12. Because those are the ones who don't wait in lines, who play and break props, and who make mess and noise - all while their parents look on with a glazed over look of "aren't our darlings special". Give the parents a way to relax away from their kids (a new, or just better advertised, spa and adult activities) and they'll be more on the ball to react and keep their children in line.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ed-uk

Queue jumping/ graffiti/littering/ pushing and shoving, should be a no, no anywhere not just in a Disney park. It's  a matter of respect,  and it applies just as much in a British theme park. People shouldn't need a lesson in Disney history to understand that. I don't agree that DLP is advertised as a giant playground for the under 12 year old, and parental control or the lack of it is an issue anywhere, including in my local supermarket or dealing with my neighbours spoilt brats. Some kids maybe beyond help before they even reach a Disney park.  We had the terrible experience of a small child squatting to go to the toilet next to our seats when we boarded our EuroStar train to return home on our last visit. We complained and we were given other seats.
Your comments at the end of your post Scissorsboi, about giving the parents a way to relax away from the kids (a new or just better advertised, Spa and adult activities ) sounds more like an advertisement for Salzburg and Amsterdam to me, rather than a Disney resort.
Ed & David

Scissorsboi

Why do they sound like that? WDW heavily advertises things for adults to do, they have spas, golf courses, bars and kids clubs to give adults a holiday too. I don't think it's much to ask that the resort caters for all visitors?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

diana80

i've not been to Disneyland yet, however it happens everywhere at theme parks, I really don't like it as its rude and inconsiderate but i live in London and every theme park I have been to and i've been to loads around the UK you will always get queue jumpers. It would be a shame to let it spoil your view of going back, its not the park thats at fault its the minority of people who seem to want to spoil it for everyone else.