Special fireworks on July 14th, 2012 ?

Started by OS73, June 22, 2012, 10:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanmartina

just noticed how much trees have been removed since then, for the brilliant dreams show

gldc

Should've just kept dreams and added "Happy 14th of July" as a message at the end. Those fireworks were terrible!  :shock:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Riebi

This. was. really. disappointing.

How could they do something like this after dreams???

Thank you seanmartina for posting the original show. So we can see how it should look.

I read somewhere that they had some troubles this year. But not much more. After seeing now the video I must say: Cancelling the show is sometimes the better thing.
Was more of a blame then a proper 14th.

Off topic: For the backstage area: Don´t worry. At california we had this serveral times a day during parades/fireworks/street entertainment...and it looked much uglier then paris.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

ed-uk

We were on Central Plaza that evening  standing in a  large crowd of people. I didn't think the 14 of July fireworks were bad.  I view them as part of the evenings entertainment a long with the Fantillusion parade, Disney Dreams and the 14th of July fireworks.  What could top the fantastic Disney Dreams anyway? If it had just been the 14th of July fireworks I can understand people being disappointed,  but the evening offered so much more in my opinion.  There was also a great atmosphere that night, and it didn't rain which was good. =D>
Ed & David

Riebi

with the 2008 fireworks in mind I can clearly see why people are disapointed. To have a better show before a fireworks shouldn´t be an excuse. Because they had dreams on this evening running they had do to something like the 2008 version or a special part for dreams (extend the remy/paris part or else), just to say "we are disney".

ed-uk

Quote from: Riebiwith the 2008 fireworks in mind I can clearly see why people are disapointed. To have a better show before a fireworks shouldn´t be an excuse. Because they had dreams on this evening running they had do to something like the 2008 version or a special part for dreams (extend the remy/paris part or else), just to say "we are disney".[/quote.

There were two shows on that night with fireworks. If a person went to Disneyland on the day just for the 14th of July fireworks,  I can understand that they may feel disappointed.  But for us it was a full days entertainment, and the 14th of July fireworks were an added bonus.  People compare 2008 fireworks with 2012,  they could also compare DLP's version of Wishes to Disney Dreams.  Why wouldn't Disney put a better show on before the 14th of July fireworks,  when we all know that Dreams is their main show to celebrate the parks  20th birthaday. That's why I went to celebrate the 20th and see Dreams, not the 14th of July. I know it's a national holiday in France, and I would have thought another place to see 14th of july fireworks would be Paris, the nations capital and paid for by the goverment, not just Sleeping Beauty Castle in Fantasyland and paid for by EuroDisney.
Ed & David

Riebi

My problem is more, that the 2008 firework is actual the 2012 firework. But the 2012 firework had many many many gaps. They´ve said somewhere on another forum that DLP had some hard problem this year with the firework.
So if they know about having gaps, why haven´t they just choose dreams with no one disapointed. ;)

For all the guests that aren´t interested in the 14th I can get that it wasn´t a big thing but many people visiting the resort on that date to see a big scale firework in DL Park.

It´s a bit like visiting the anaheim resort getting this little small world show, then fantasmic and then...sorry...we have just the half of your halloween fireworks.

But I´m toooo much of an evening disney entertainment geek  :lol:  So most people should be fine.

seanmartina

but the point being made they had no dreams in 2009 - 2010 -2011 and there were just as bad, one year worse because they hired a cheaper company, i think 2008 was the start of the enchanted fireworks,  which also degraded over the same time scale, disney land paris can pull off great shows when they put  a little thought and imagination into it, the fireworks only run for a 3 month period while other parks are year long running, so to cut back, for the sake of costs , when the last think on your mind when leaving the parkis the final showof the day. Now disney paris has a fantastic dreams show, and applaude them for that, but they announce the 14th july fireworks and it should be to the high standards that htey are capable off, not some half baked show, just for the sakeof it.

ed-uk

But who said anything about a big firework display, In the programme it just says Bastille Day Fireworks, which is what we got.  So I don't know what point is being made.  Obviously some  people thought the display would be bigger,  but it wasn't.  DLP has never had big firework displays on the scale of the  American parks.  But for the first time in the parks 20 year history they have a nightly show with fireworks in it, called Dreams.
Ed & David

Josh

Well the main issue was that there were loads of blank sections of the show where fireworks should have launched. The bits that actually had fireworks were fine.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

seanmartina

Every year they advertise bastille day fireworks, and its supposed to be a big show, this holiday is bigger than the 4th july for the french people, you would expect a big fireworks display,

ed-uk

Quote from: "Josh"Well the main issue was that there were loads of blank sections of the show where fireworks should have launched. The bits that actually had fireworks were fine.

Should they have launched ?  That's a shame,  i didn't know that. Clearly Disneyland Paris had a bigger show planned then, if the fireworks didn't go off when you say they should of, I honestly wouldn't know.  I wasn't disappointed with the evening  and Dreams was the highlight for me. I would have been more disappointed had the fountains not worked.

@ Seanmartina
I doubt very much that the 14 of July is a bigger deal to the French than the 4th of July is to the Americans, which isn't celebrated at Disneyland Paris with fireworks anyway.
Ed & David

Josh

Quote from: "ed-uk"
Quote from: "Josh"Well the main issue was that there were loads of blank sections of the show where fireworks should have launched. The bits that actually had fireworks were fine.
Should they have launched ?  That's a shame,  i didn't know that. Clearly Disneyland Paris had a bigger show planned then, if the fireworks didn't go off when you say they should of, I honestly wouldn't know.
It's only speculation (or a rumour?), though. They haven't confirmed if there was a technical hitch. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

I doubt they ever will, if there was a technical hitch they might prefer to keep it to themselves. As I say, I would  have been more disappointed had the fountains not worked in Dreams.
Ed & David

Boxy

Does anyone not think it odd that Independence Day is not celebrated on July 4th with fireworks , that Bastille Day is celebrated with fireworks tagged onto the end of Dreams but they make a big deal of fireworks over the Lake around November 5th which is traditionally the time that Guy Fawkes Night is celebrated in Britain ?