Do under 3s eat free?

Started by tinkswishes, June 13, 2012, 12:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkswishes

Ive read on another forum under 3s eat free at table restaurants aswell as buffets. I always beleived only buffets were free and we have been 7 times with an under 3 and always been charge for their meals.

Im wondering if maybe I have been overcharged as we are going again next week so want to ensure I know where I stand.

jonathan

Yes they do.

I checked this with my travel agent yesterday as I booked half board premium and when I received my confirmation the HB Premium was only covering me, my Mum and my 2 children aged 3 and 5 but not my youngest wholl be 2 byt the time we go again.  Travel agent said that those aged under 3 but not 3 so really 2 and under eat free.

However when we were there last time when my middle child was 2 there was no mention of free eating and I paid for his food.  Maybe you have to emphasise how old the kids are. Obviously with HB premium I will this time but with the buffets Ive been told it doesnt matter because youd just grab foos for the under 2's anyway.  Wait and see i guess!!

tinkswishes

Does anybody have any experience of their child under 3 eating free? No offense but travel agents have often misadvised me in the past.

thebritishfrog

Here's the deal... ;-)

Kids under the age of 3 are free for everything but this is misleading. This means they are welcome to share anything from their parents plates and there is no issue with that, but if they would like a kids menu they will have to pay for it at the restaurant.
I'm afraid there is no way to include under 3s in any meal plans.
I hope this helps and clears things up.
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

jonathan

Yes this is pretty much what the Travel Agent has rectified with me this morning.  Of course as she pointed out this sint a problem with the buffets as youd just go and get them something.

But yes its very misleading as you say.  It gives the impression that they can pick from the menu for free.  Although Im sure I read of some restaurants providing free baby food but then maybe I didnt? :?

thebritishfrog

Yes that's true many restaurants provide baby food although I'm afraid that is charged separately too! :-(
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

jonathan

My youngest would be too old for baby food by our next trip anyway.  But Im sure Id read the all important word 'free'.  Agian I thought it was too good to be true lol   ;)

tinkswishes

This is what I thought and how Ive always found it but I read on another forum people were ordering full childrens meals for their under 3s and not being charged at places such as Steakhouse, Auburge and Cafe Mickey.

jonathan

Anettes didnt charged me for my 2 year old last year but everywher else did

mdw

Last year my 22month old ate for free in all buffet restaurants. We had to buy her drink. We ate in annettes one night and she was given a complimentary bowl of chips! Huge bowl for a child. She had a quarter of my eldests hot dog aswel. Hope this helps.

She will be almost 4 when we go next and I don't want o buy her a meal because they are so big. Not sure how happy the restaurants would be if I orders one meal for my 3 & 5 yr old to share!

jonathan

Quote from: "mdw"Not sure how happy the restaurants would be if I orders one meal for my 3 & 5 yr old to share!

Theres not much they can do about it! lol  ;)

mdw

Thought they would say I have to buy her her own meal?

jonathan

Wouldnt have thought they could.  Ive been to enough restaurants from fast food like McDonalds up to Frankie n Bennys, Harvester, TGIs, Pizza Hut et al and have bought one meal for two kids to share with no complaints so with luck DLP should be no different.   ;)

Unless they have the food police on patrol in their restaurants I doubt theyd notice   :D

flickmcktur

Ok so took my two toddlers last year one was 3 and one was two they are both tall so look older. I didn't pay for any meals for them in any restaurants even character meals. When a staff member asked how old my son was I very clearly said three and he said oh hes two and gave me a look, it took me a second to twig but i just said yeah back and he gave me a big simle and only charged for me and my hubby. At other times we weren't even asked but I do know if they are 2 and under eat free and enter the park free. The staff I encountered were happy to give them a plate and let them eat whatever we had. At pizza planet and the cowboy cookout they were allowed to help themselves. I think its one of those times when it depends on who serves you and the manager on duty as to what your allowed.

cahaya

You have to pay if you want an extra meal for them. If the eat from your plate, it's free. The best ist to go to the buffet restaurants, so everyone has his own plate and the kid pays nothing. I have never been asked how old my son is, but he is a small one.
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney