Walt Disney Studios Park Expansion Projects (Rumours)

Started by Josh, April 18, 2012, 06:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

Paris Disney Adventure...land.....o'rama :)

peter

I would suspect that this year is crucial in the future investment on attractions. This year is likely to hold the key on the future of WDSP.

wishuponastar

Surely rather than change the name, the park should aspire to its current name and BE a studios! A showcase of filmmaking past & present, fantasy or real. The park has some real gems, i.e. Cinemagique, it just needs to grow around these.

Josh

To be honest, I've never liked the park's current name. It gets annoying when you have to clarify to people that you're talking about the WDS Park. "Disney Hollywood Adventure" is an OK improvement, but the park doesn't need any more association with DCA than it already has.

Also, this is a bit off-topic, but why has Disney started using the word "Disney" instead of "Disney's" in front of their trademarks, lately?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

wishuponastar

Quote from: "Josh"Also, this is a bit off-topic, but why has Disney started using the word "Disney" instead of "Disney's" in front of their trademarks, lately?

I don't understand that at all... reading Disney California Adventure doesn't make sense to me. I don't see what's so bad about Disney's?  :?

ed-uk

I don't know why they renamed it from Disney's to Disney, and it's such a small change, but the park next door to DCA is called Disneyland and not Disney'sland, so maybe that's got something to do with it. Also I don't see a complete revamp of the Walt Disney Studios happening, that would warrant changing the parks name to "Disney Hollywood Adventure", which I think is a joke. They should stick with WDS which is unique to DLRP. But I don't see a DCA style revamp coming to WDS.
Ed & David

ford prefect

A few months ago there was discussion about changing the name of the company from The Walt Disney Company to The Disney Company or even just Disney.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

wishuponastar

Quote from: "ford prefect"A few months ago there was discussion about changing the name of the company from The Walt Disney Company to The Disney Company or even just Disney.

That should never happen. It was started by Walt and his name should live on in that way

ed-uk

They've changed names before as we know, EuroDisney to Disneyland Paris to Disneyland Resort Paris and back to Disneyland Paris. So changing the name of the WDS to Disney Hollywood Adventure is possible I suppose, but I don't see the point. Unless they build Marvel Land in the Studios, then calling it Disney Hollywood Adventure might start to make sense.
Ed & David

|Q|

On DCP they're talking about a Marvel based theming of the unthemed backlot area with a rethemed Rock'n'roller coaster and a new attraction (someone daresays a kuka robotic arm based robocoaster) dubbed "Marvel Land"

Q

peter

So basically a retheme of Armageddon as the second attraction.

|Q|

Quote from: "peter"So basically a retheme of Armageddon as the second attraction.

And maybe the Mouteurs Action show?

Q

Cara

I think a Marvel land would be pretty cool but I wouldn't want to lose the whole theme of Disney. I'm not too keen on the new possible name of 'Disey Hollywood Adventure' either. Walkt Disney Studios is just fine :)

Davy Crockett Ranch - May 2002
Davy Crockett Ranch - March 2003
Kyriad hotel - July 2005
Santa fe - February 2012 (Anniversary trip)
Newport Bay - September 2012!

Anthony

I still love the idea of the park having "Studios" to the "Lands" next door. Hollywood Studio(s), Toon or Pixar Studio, Marvel Studio would give the park a really neat and strong naming. There still exists the problem today that Disney itself ignores the lands of the park. On the current retro merchandise they've stuck Walt Disney Studios Park on almost like the sixth land of Disneyland Park. And I know they might be waiting until further placemaking happens, but they really should just rename the bland and useless Production Courtyard to Hollywood Studio immediately.

I can't believe Disney Hollywood Adventure whatsoever. They going to add "Adventure" to a park name, seriously? And if one of the lands is called Hollywood Studio, the park surely won't also have Hollywood in its name. The nice thing about Walt Disney Studios Park is that it can pretty much allow for anything, Hollywood-related or not. Disney Studio 1 should be the only film set, then once you step through those doors you're inside the movies (basically like you are in Disneyland Park, but with a more 20th/21st Century feel rather than 19th Century).

I'd also stand up for the current name because alongside Disneyland Park it represents the two main institutions of the Disney empire in the States: Disneyland and the Walt Disney Studios. (If they're looking for another pillar for the third gate, then Epcot it should be.)

ed-uk

When we stand at the entrance of the park it looks like a film studios, the front lot and studio 1 the themeing is superb, the best part of the original park in 2002. It looks like a film studios, so they should stick with the current name WDS, and Walt Disney's name above the entrance. Disneyland park and Walt Disney Studios work well together, that's what Walt Disney was famous for, his film studios and Disneyland. The two pillars of the WDC, as has been said.
Ed & David