Disney Channel Still There?

Started by WDW1971, March 07, 2012, 09:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDW1971

Does Disney Channel France still rent office space in the areas above Stitch Live! and Playhouse Disney Live on Stage or have they moved somewhere else when the attraction was shuttered. Do the offices (or even soundstages) sit vacant today or do they still occupy the space?

dagobert

I'm sorry, I can't answer your questions, but I'm also interested in knowing if the Disney Channel is still located there.

I found this site, but I don't know if the infos are still right.
http://team-disneychannel.4t.com/custom3.html

I know that there were plans to bring Walt Disney Feature Animation to the park as well, but TWDC closed it and so that never happened.

Anthony

The French Wikipedia page for Disney Channel states that the channel is still broadcast from there.

I'd imagine that even if they no longer required the studio space, it still makes sense as an office/playout location because the actual headquarters of The Walt Disney Company France are only just over in Val d'Europe.

There were originally three studios in the building. One was turned into Stitch Live! and the other two into the pre-show and main theatre of Playhouse Disney. TV companies seem to rarely own their own studio space these days as it's expensive to keep up-to-date for the use of only one network (even the BBC are selling their TV Centre in London and their new base in Salford Quays rents its studio space from a private studio block).