20th | Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates!

Started by Josh, February 14, 2012, 03:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

The 20th anniversary decorations are going up! And look! They fit with the time period of Main Street! :D

https://twitter.com/InsideDLParis/statu ... 88/photo/1
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

15MagicalYears

Eugh, I personally find these very cheap looking. Not very grand or impressive at all, though I'm sure there's a lot more to come.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Meph"The 20th anniversary decorations are going up! And look! They fit with the time period of Main Street! :D

https://twitter.com/InsideDLParis/statu ... 88/photo/1

Yikes! They might fit in with the period of Main Street but they look really cheap and tacky.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Josh

Tacky? Really? I guess I'm the only one who thinks they look nice. XD I can't think how they could be improved. If Main Street is going to be lit up, then these props are probably just a smaller part of the decorations.

Oh, and here's another one posted this morning:

Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

I like them, too, and I guess there is more to come to make the street look more festive. It looks at least a lot better than the Main Street decorations after the 15th birthday.

15MagicalYears

Look how they look from a distance though, they look horrendous!

dagobert

I've lived in a small town the US while studying over there and that's how the towns are decorated when there is a celebration. That's why I like it. It's much more accurate than these cheap character banners.

15MagicalYears

I totally agree, 100x better than any character banners. They are the right style, they just look very under-whelming and cheap.

dagobert

I agree with you that it's underwhelming compared to the 15th birthday. Although I liked the banners back then, they were a little bit too big.

I hope there's more to come, like lampposts, but please without any characters.

Teacup

I love that they inkeep with the theming, after all the atmosphere is why I go to DLP, and the white and gold theme for the 20th anniversary is a very classy decision. It could have been a lot worse.
My concern though, is that these look like plastic birthday party decor, so are they really likely to last throughout this year? I'd hate it if they started to get damaged/blown off by wind before the year is finished.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Teacup"these look like plastic birthday party decor, so are they really likely to last throughout this year? I'd hate it if they started to get damaged/blown off by wind before the year is finished.
That's exactly the point I was trying to make, they look like plastic home-party decorations - not grand, spectacular Disneyland  decorations. I'd be surprised if they survived up until April, nevermind December  :lol:.

From InsidedlParis on Twitter :
QuoteFor the 20th Anniversary, Main Street station wil be gold! A colour test can be seen on the side

dagobert

Are they serious? Although it's just a testing, the colour looks ugly.

Anthony

It's a tribute to the dedicated work of the Disney "slippery floor" cones over the years!

Perhaps this is just a base colour, and a kind of metallic gold shimmer with be applied on top?

dlrpkris

I must say that I actually like them. Similar to the DLR and MK Halloween overlay and if anything I think some should be a bit bigger. That's what makes them look cheap.

The (currently) yellow paintwork however... hmmm! I'm sure it will work out fine in the end. So is 'Celebrates' any more than a few decorations then?
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

norhel

I also must admit I like them. I'm also thinking that it doesn't have to be expensive to look nice.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California